talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

On 20/10/2020 at 18:15, Bluewolf said:

I am sure they are just taking precautions which is the right thing to do... I did laugh when my boss said he was only thinking of my health but then asked me to make sure all the equipment was sorted before I left today which took a further 45 minutes to complete... xD

It just feels like a typical cold/flu that I might normally get this time of year but they have taken me through everything on the phone and the website and I have been asked to book a test so I have... 

A few weeks ago, I had a sore throat, went to the doctor for the first time this year, was just hoping to get some drugs, totally forgot about COVID as we haven’t had community transmission for about 6 months... get sent to clinic for the test and forced to use two sick days. Was fuckinf annoying. And ridiculous. 

I think it’s important to use your personal days though. But I was disappointed to use them for something I knew wasn’t anything serious :( 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

A few weeks ago, I had a sore throat, went to the doctor for the first time this year, was just hoping to get some drugs, totally forgot about COVID as we haven’t had community transmission for about 6 months... get sent to clinic for the test and forced to use two sick days. Was fuckinf annoying. And ridiculous. 

I think it’s important to use your personal days though. But I was disappointed to use them for something I knew wasn’t anything serious :( 

My boss called me tonight for an update but I have not heard anything back from the test centre yet so had nothing to tell him but he told me to take the rest of the week off regardless... I have used/booked all my holiday for this year but we also get 10 days paid sick so it's being taken out of that but I also have 2 members of staff who have gone to Poland and they have to use the remainder of their holiday for the quarantine period when they return or not get paid at all... All a bit of unfortunate timing for them in that regard because they booked their holiday when travel was opening back up and just 2 weeks before they were due to go we put them back on the restricted travel list... 

One of my blokes also has Christmas booked off and was going back there but if it's still on the restricted list he will cancel because otherwise he will be forced to use about 8 days of next years holiday before January... This virus has really fucked things up for everyone in so many different ways and will still be with us for a while yet.. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Azeem said:

I took a dig at Pogba under a sports show's tweet and i got selected for a prize draw

IMG-20201028-222524.jpg

What are your contact details and address then? 

Also, did they start the conversation of with 'hi'? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Atacama desert :o

4gn9pxaiimw51.thumb.jpg.c3c09aba9d6b568ef41f82ac84f10a65.jpg

This phenomenon usually occurs every five to seven years when rains cause buried seeds to germinate and flower.

Pretty cool... makes you wonder what some dry parts of the world could be like if they had water on a regular basis.. 

• Upvote 1