talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

Just now, nudge said:

Life changing indeed... The kid's completely overwhelmed with the sudden soud of everything around him, can imagine something like that will take a while to process and get used to...

From silence to noise in just a few moments... I suppose it could be frightening to begin with

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

From silence to noise in just a few moments... I suppose it could be frightening to begin with

Me sitting here with a bloody hearing aid in one ear and seeing the joy on that young lads face made me want to throw my hearing aid away.

On 28/09/2020 at 00:20, Toinho said:

Stepping up my hunt for a house. Got a rough budget and getting pre approval soon from the bank. However, there’s a house we wanna check out this week that’s out of our current bank range (could put more on a deposit but would leave less savings) and my partner’s dad has said he can help us. I can’t accept that can I? I’d feel guilty. 

If you’re eventually marrying his girl and giving him grandkids, swallow the pride and take the money. Just don’t declare it to the bank as they might see him as having a stake in the property.

On 28/09/2020 at 00:20, Toinho said:

Stepping up my hunt for a house. Got a rough budget and getting pre approval soon from the bank. However, there’s a house we wanna check out this week that’s out of our current bank range (could put more on a deposit but would leave less savings) and my partner’s dad has said he can help us. I can’t accept that can I? I’d feel guilty. 

I had a situation like that once when someone offered to buy me a car with no payback at all but like you I was not keen on that because for me I would have felt like I had not earned it so I politely refused their offer.. However you are talking about buying a house and no doubt he wants his daughter to have as much of a stress free start as possible, It's also worth noting that if he is anything like me he is probably only too happy to offload her onto someone else at last and get her out the house so they can have some peace and quiet so I say given how difficult it is to get on the property ladder for younger people these days then go for it provided your budgets can make the repayments without struggling and leaving yourselves short each month.. 

It's important that you have money over so that you can still buy the stuff you need for the house, go out occasionally or even go on holiday or the lack of spending money will put an added strain on the relationship, It's great at the beginning when it's all exciting when you get the keys etc but that soon wears off after a couple of years of financial hardship and not being able to go anywhere if you stretch yourselves too far... then she will be " you need to get a better paying job" etc.. and the pressure will be on... :ph34r:

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

It's nice to be wanted as grandparents, our daughter just texts me for a loan of some dosh until tomorrow as she has just had a phone call from wee Kaiden's school that he had broken one of his toys he dotes over that we got him for his birthday he bought into school for 'Show us your presents day', and Kaiden was upset, not a problem and told our daughter that was another one ordered and on its way and we don't want the dosh back as the treat was on us.  :ay:

download.png.bd3b08b8b8db2551b5b6d4fbd527a380.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

It's nice to be wanted as grandparents, our daughter just texts me for a loan of some dosh until tomorrow as she has just had a phone call from wee Kaiden's school that he had broken one of his toys he dotes over that we got him for his birthday he bought into school for 'Show us your presents day', and Kaiden was upset, not a problem and told our daughter that was another one ordered and on its way and we don't want the dosh back as the treat was on us.  :ay:

download.png.bd3b08b8b8db2551b5b6d4fbd527a380.png

a potato ocarina, eh? how cute of the young fella

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Day two of the Audit and we have picked up 1 minor non conformance so far across the business... 

Paperwork and Traceability tomorrow... so far so good

Sounds like the issue originated in the despatch department

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sounds like the issue originated in the despatch department

Funny you say that... She was with us today and our outer loading bay door is slightly off kilter and it does not close tightly enough at the bottom and there is a small gap on the right hand side of it where the light was coming through and she picked up on that... But we got a pass on that so whoever the culprit is it's not us... 

Hope I made that sound exciting.... 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Funny you say that... She was with us today and our outer loading bay door is slightly off kilter and it does not close tightly enough at the bottom and there is a small gap on the right hand side of it where the light was coming through and she picked up on that... But we got a pass on that so whoever the culprit is it's not us... 

Now you know what your next DIY project should be... GET THAT DOOR FIXED!!!

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Should have told her it's that glimmer of light that gives you and your team hope that the end of the shift is in sight...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Now you know what your next DIY project should be... GET THAT DOOR FIXED!!!

If they paid me the overtime I would.... Our engineers take forever to get anything done.. It's taken them 3 months just to replace a damaged safety mirror outside

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Should have told her it's that glimmer of light that gives you and your team hope that the end of the shift is in sight...

Trying to crack a funny in the middle of our company's single most important audit of the year would not be top of my 'to do' list mate.. xD

Audit over... 3 days and only 2 minors picked up which gave us an AA rating... it would have been AA+ but it was announced due to Covid.. 

Damn fine result... Despatch got a pass with distinction due to the fact I took the whole thing seriously and didn't crack any jokes...