talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Brazilian GP - 12-14th November 2021

football forum

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

xD It's an ISC infringement, will surely get just a reprimand or a fine.

Will Max and Lewis be at Qatar next weekend? Won't they have to start their weekend jobs to pay off their fines?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Leclerc drove two laps without safety belts a few years ago and got nothing if I remember correctly. 

The best part about Lewis getting another penalty would be Toto's reaction. He seemed completely unhinged today. If the next three races contain as much drama as Brazil, I think we'll see him in a straitjacket after the season. 

In all seriousness, I can't even imagine how mentally and emotionally taxing such a close title fight is for the team personnel; especially team principals. No wonder they are all on the edge.

Just now, nudge said:

In all seriousness, I can't even imagine how mentally and emotionally taxing such a close title fight is for the team personnel; especially team principals. No wonder they are all on the edge.

True, 2016 mentally drained Rosberg.

• Subscriber
Just now, MUFC said:

True, 2016 mentally drained Rosberg.

Yeah, I'm not even talking about drivers, although the drivers have it easier, in a way - they know their job is to get into that car and focus on driving fast without making mistakes. But all the responsibility and decision-making off the track/in the garage must be so stressful. 

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

5000€ fine for Lewis.

Just checked some Facebook comments under an article that reported about it. 

"Wow, FIA really want Max to win it this year." 

Yea, a 5000€ fine will really hamper Lewis' Championship chances. 🤦‍♂️😂

Another thing that went a bit under the radar was Pierre overtaking both Alpine. That means Alpha Tauri and Alpine are on equal points. And Pierre is pretty much fighting them on his own. 💪

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

It should and hopefully will come to nothing. Max didn't open his steering wheel to force Hamilton off, Lewis got past anyway and the fans enjoyed it, no harm done. Let them race. Also a 5 second penalty for Verstappen would be criminal because it would drop him to 3rd and cost him championship points whereas if he'd have had that penalty applied during the race there's no way he would have allowed Bottas to finish within 5 seconds of him and steal 2nd place.

That said, I can't blame Mercedes and have no sympathy for Red Bull here because we all know they'd do the exact same if the boot was on the other foot.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, shut up said:

Should definitely be a penalty for Max. Horner would be having kittens if Hamilton did that

Doesn't mean he'd be right under those circumstances either.

You can't tell a driver there's no investigation necessary during the race and close the book, then reopen it days later. Red Bull tried this with Hamilton after Silverstone and quite rightly got laughed out of the room. Same will almost certainly happen here. Mercedes know this and are only bothering to try to distract and worry Red Bull and Verstappen to get in their heads going into the last three races.

Whichever way your loyalties lie, if they hit Verstappen (or anyone) with a retrospective penalty that swings the points totals by enough to change the ultimate champion it would be a travesty.

Archived