• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Brazilian GP - 12-14th November 2021

football forum

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Hamilton 3rd with a nicely timed safety car meaning all of his penalties over the weekend are basically annulled already. Fair play to him and full credit for showing his class but it's not a great look for the sport seeing the 3rd fastest car not even bother trying to defend because there's no point. My housemate watched the sprint with me yesterday and he's not really a fan of F1. He said how easy it was for Hamilton to overtake against the slower cars frankly made the sport look a bit silly. I tried to explain to him that unequal equipment is priced into F1 but otherwise it was hard to argue with him. Hopefully the new rules and the budget cap bring the cars a bit closer together.

• Subscriber

Hamilton leads. The performance of that car this weekend has been insane. The saving grace for Red Bull going into the last three races is that the Mercedes engine performance has been degenerating pretty quickly.

I called it on Friday, this weekend has had all the hallmarks of one of "those" Hamilton wins. The man is a relentless beast.

• Subscriber

14 point gap with three races left. If Verstappen can beat Hamilton in just one of them then he's probably the champion. Seems increasingly unlikely that under normal circumstances, you'll see anyone other than Lewis and Max finishing 1st and 2nd in the remaining rounds.

Red Bull will have all of their guys trying to find a way to appeal that Mercedes car in the meantime I'm sure.

• Subscriber

I'd love to hear the explanation as to why Max didn't get a 5 second penalty for forcing Lewis off the track. I don't think it matters even though Bottas finishing within 5 seconds of him, I'm sure he would've made sure the gap was big enough is there was a penalty. But Max didn't make the corner and it looked like Lewis was going to without having to take avoiding action. I appreciate the fact that they don't want to get involved in the title battle but they're going to have to explain how that call is consistent with some of the other penalties we've seen given, Austria springs to mind immediately.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived