talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Brazilian GP - 12-14th November 2021

football forum

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'd love to hear the explanation as to why Max didn't get a 5 second penalty for forcing Lewis off the track. I don't think it matters even though Bottas finishing within 5 seconds of him, I'm sure he would've made sure the gap was big enough is there was a penalty. But Max didn't make the corner and it looked like Lewis was going to without having to take avoiding action. I appreciate the fact that they don't want to get involved in the title battle but they're going to have to explain how that call is consistent with some of the other penalties we've seen given, Austria springs to mind immediately.

I believe Tommy was the guest steward today :ph34r:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, shut up said:

Who has had the fastest car on average all season? Lewis gets more out of the car cos he's the greatest driver to ever race a car

Does a brand new engine not help?

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Red Bull will have all of their guys trying to find a way to appeal that Mercedes car in the meantime I'm sure.

They already are. It seems it's the same old flexi-wing stuff. According to AMuS, RB engineers think that the upper flap of Mercedes' rear wing still bends too much under speeds above 260kmh, hence their extreme speed advantage on the straights. AMuS say that according to the rumours in the paddock, this time RB have more solid evidence of that, so we might have more drama in the next three races...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

this time RB have more solid evidence of that, so we might have more drama in the next three races..

popcorn-chill.gif

To be honest though, the speed advantage this race was weird. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

They already are. It seems it's the same old flexi-wing stuff. According to AMuS, RB engineers think that the upper flap of Mercedes' rear wing still bends too much under speeds above 260kmh, hence their extreme speed advantage on the straights. AMuS say that according to the rumours in the paddock, this time RB have more solid evidence of that, so we might have more drama in the next three races...

There's nothing the fans love more than complicated technical nonsense potentially deciding championships. If there's something to sort out then hopefully they do it all off track and before the season ends.

As for the rest of this thread, rest in peace.

On 13/11/2021 at 18:55, nudge said:

The championship battle is not even close to being over yet though, is it? The gap is only 19 points and we still have 4 races to go. Literally anything can happen. At this moment, it might seem that Hamilton is in a worse position due to the DSQ and a 5 spot grid penalty, but he should still take solid points tomorrow, and all it takes is one crash or a technical issue for Max and it's back to square one again. The only thing I hope for is that neither of them tests positive for fucking corona again as that would ruin the season completely.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

There's nothing the fans love more than complicated technical nonsense potentially deciding championships. If there's something to sort out then hopefully they do it all off track and before the season ends.

Yeah, it's continuation of the antics from the start of the season when Mercedes complained about RB's flexible rear wing and got FIA to introduce stricter deflection tests and change the regulations regarding load and deformation limits in mid-season. As a result, RB, Ferrari and Alfa Romeo had to change their wing designs to comply with the new regulations. Now, RB appears to think that Mercedes themselves found ways to generate flex at high speeds and reap the benefits of the reduced drag on the straights.

A lot of finger pointing from both teams so far this season, I'm sure there will be more of that in the upcoming weeks.

19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

popcorn-chill.gif

To be honest though, the speed advantage this race was weird. 

The exact same thing happened in turkey when they changed the component. Obviously we know that you can't change engine modes in qualy and race like you used to. But a when you put a fresh component in like today and Turkey, you can crank the engine up higher then usual as the component is new. I'll expect them to do the same next race. But they won't be able to do it for the final 2 races as it's too high risk.

Regarding RB, when is the last time they changed any components? Are they switching between parts? I might be wrong but it seems a while. Will they be due a change? 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yeah, it's continuation of the antics from the start of the season when Mercedes complained about RB's flexible rear wing and got FIA to introduce stricter deflection tests and change the regulations regarding load and deformation limits in mid-season. As a result, RB, Ferrari and Alfa Romeo had to change their wing designs to comply with the new regulations. Now, RB appears to think that Mercedes themselves found ways to generate flex at high speeds and reap the benefits of the reduced drag on the straights.

A lot of finger pointing from both teams so far this season, I'm sure there will be more of that in the upcoming weeks.

They need to sort this petty shit before next weekend.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Regarding RB, when is the last time they changed any components? Are they switching between parts? I might be wrong but it seems a while. Will they be due a change? 

They changed all PU components for Max in Sochi, I think. He still has three usable engines apparently, so should make it until the end of the season with no further changes.

Perez had the same done to his car in Zandvoort, I think. 

Here's the overview of used components by both teams:

6jGDuOY.png

• Subscriber

...Aaaand just as I post about flexi wings, Dr. Marko gives an interview on Sky Germany and reveals that they don't have enough evidence for it, so a protest would be the very last resort. Said that the new Mercedes engine appears to have about 15kW more, and that Honda couldn't match it even if they got a fresh engine for Max (their estimated gain would be only about 3-5kW).

Just now, nudge said:

xD It's an ISC infringement, will surely get just a reprimand or a fine.

Leclerc drove two laps without safety belts a few years ago and got nothing if I remember correctly. 

The best part about Lewis getting another penalty would be Toto's reaction. He seemed completely unhinged today. If the next three races contain as much drama as Brazil, I think we'll see him in a straitjacket after the season. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived