The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Brazilian GP - 12-14th November 2021

football forum

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, shut up said:

Verstappen first championship is gonna have a huge asterix next to it

Because he would have already sealed it if he hadn't lost 75 points due to no fault of his own? :35_thinking:

• Subscriber

Both penalties completely consistent with what we've seen before. The stewards have done some weird shit this year but they've largely managed to steer clear of the title race.

It's unfortunate for Hamilton, certainly not his fault and either a minuscule error from a team member or just total bad luck. The circumstances are really bad for him combined with the grid penalty. But the stewards have no choice in this scenario, same thing as with Vettel in Hungary where he was disqualified from 2nd place because a sensor on his fuel tank malfunctioned.

Still, Verstappen has had his share of bad luck as well between the tyre failure at Baku and getting wiped out from 2nd place in Hungary through no fault of his own. I'm not opening the Silverstone/Monza can of worms here. It's racing, shit happens, not everything is a conspiracy for or against a certain driver. This championship fight has gone the whole year without a clear favourite really emerging until now and even then, Max goes into this sprint race with less than a race win between him and Lewis in the standings and there's every chance the Mercedes could be the better car for the run-in. It's probably been the best championship fight since 2010 where there were five guys in with a realistic chance going into the final quarter of the season. For the sheer quality and consistency of the title contenders though, it has been the best since I started watching the sport and you probably have to go back to Alonso vs Schumacher in 2006 to find a comparable tussle. I guess you could argue Hamilton v Rosberg as well but it isn't the same as having two teams going at it.

I had a feeling due to 2 strong qualifying performances in Mexico and Brazil. I felt if Lewis came ahead of Max in this GP which now won't happen. I'd have put my money on him winning the title. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I had a feeling due to 2 strong qualifying performances in Mexico and Brazil. I felt if Lewis came ahead of Max in this GP which now won't happen. I'd have put my money on him winning the title. 

The championship battle is not even close to being over yet though, is it? The gap is only 19 points and we still have 4 races to go. Literally anything can happen. At this moment, it might seem that Hamilton is in a worse position due to the DSQ and a 5 spot grid penalty, but he should still take solid points tomorrow, and all it takes is one crash or a technical issue for Max and it's back to square one again. The only thing I hope for is that neither of them tests positive for fucking corona again as that would ruin the season completely.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This is the sort of race which has storming Hamilton victory written all over it. Verstappen to have a puncture or something, Bottas and Perez get tangled up and Lewis blitzes the rest to win. So easy to imagine.

Don't get my hopes up 🤣

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

The championship battle is not even close to being over yet though, is it? The gap is only 19 points and we still have 4 races to go. Literally anything can happen. At this moment, it might seem that Hamilton is in a worse position due to the DSQ and a 5 spot grid penalty, but he should still take solid points tomorrow, and all it takes is one crash or a technical issue for Max and it's back to square one again. The only thing I hope for is that neither of them tests positive for fucking corona again as that would ruin the season completely.

The dream is over. Lewis needs a tight man hug.

Just now, nudge said:

That was a massive overtake on Norris!

Spectacular. Nobody expected that. 

Max took absolutely no risks there. But what a race from Carlos! P3! Expected more from Perez though. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived