• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Saturday 20th November, 2021 - Other PL Round 12 Matches

football forum

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

You know when all is said and done it would be hard not to feel a bit sorry for him if they do sack him...

It's clear he is unable to get the best out of these players and I don't know if he has lost the dressing room or the player mix is not right but they were expecting much bigger and better things this season but it has just not happened for them.. It was always going to be a tough job and Ole was probably just too nice a bloke to ever have that ruthless Ferguson style attitude that would be needed when their backs were up against the wall and results were not forthcoming..

He has learned a harsh lesson about football management and how ruthless this sport can be when things are going wrong... The bloke seems to have aged 20 years since taking over and the stress of it all must be immense. I can't imagine what it must be like waking up and having to navigate through papers and media with pretty much all of them including the fans calling for your head... I pin a lot of blame on the players themselves, no matter how Ole lays that team out you would have thought the players would have some pride in pulling the United shirt on. 

Maguires form and silly things like he did today getting sent off have just made an already difficult job even harder and they need to shoulder the blame every time they put in poor such performances... 

I don't know what the 4 year length of OGS' tenure at Old Trafford says about United tbh. Are they naive for hoping the club connected lad would get the job done? Or are they incompetent?

If they'd parted ways with Ole in a respectful manner at any of the left two ends of the season whilst bringing in someone of a clearly higher stature (that would not cause fan complaints) Ole's managerial career would have been much better for it.

Well, it feels like the Top 3 is ahead by some distance.

It seems a big job for anyone to get any of the other contenders in among them any time soon. As a complete neutral, Watfords result didn't surprise me. I guess that's what their notorious owners are after. Week in, week out.

Villa & Gerrard? 8 fixtures to end of December. 3 are vs the Top 3. Leicester. And 4 others: Palace, Norwich, Burnley & Leeds. Difficult to predict, but half seem much more winnable than the other half. Gerrard could be under pressure by January. He could equally be well on the way to winning even the most sceptical Villa fans over.

7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

An excellent point. 

Counter point. Harry is an enormous dick bag who buys his own hype +1000 and all the goals in the world against American Samoa and Zimbabwe wont make him a good captain or defender.  

Cool story. 

Goals are to be celebrated. Maguire is a shit, overrated footballer. My thoughts haven’t changed but I’m delighted that something has burnt up inside of you for nearly a week so that you could make yourself look like an even bigger wet wipe than you already ate by completely missing the point of my post. It delights me massively that you’re sat in upside down land kicking possums because you’re so enraged that Harry Maguire celebrated a goal. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Cool story. 

Goals are to be celebrated. Maguire is a shit, overrated footballer. My thoughts haven’t changed but I’m delighted that something has burnt up inside of you for nearly a week so that you could make yourself look like an even bigger wet wipe than you already ate by completely missing the point of my post. 

Burnt inside? More like "Damn, Slabhead is a twat, I hope he does something stupid on the weekend" Then he obliged. 

Next time I score against the indoor team who are all 16 I'll be sure to do a little dance in front of them and big myself up 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I didn’t begrudge Maguire celebrating his goal, but it’s hilarious that he had the nerve to cup his ears as if he had silenced anybody at all. What a pleb he really is. 

Yes, more 1 for an 89th minute 1-0 winner vs Chelsea, City or Liverpool. Which doesn't seem likely any time soon.

He seems a bit comparable to me with Mings at Villa to an extent. Perhaps the shape & contents of the midfield ahead can be a bit gung-ho. Bruno has seemed impressive going forward, but most players in a Number 10 role will put some stress on the other mids & defenders.

I do think Rice & Phillips behind Bruno would improve Man United, which probably does say a fair amount on their problems. They are almost like England looking at the Top 3 as though they are the more fancied nations.. or maybe even how they should be looking at it, rather than allowing themselves to believe they are like Classic Germany or some such.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived