• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 3-0 Everton - Sunday 21st November, 2021

football forum

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Jammy but this is what happens when it's wave after wave.

We are so average and I know this is what you expect from City but it still grates to see your team taking part in what amounts to a glorified training session. Absolutely miles away.

• The title was changed to Man City 3-0 Everton - Sunday 21st November, 2021
  • Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just seen the Sterling dive. Shameful.

Not surprised Man City won. Also not surprised a VAR ref didn't have the bollocks to overturn it.

I don't think VAR have the power to overturn the entire result of the match. :ph34r:

I guess you're referring to the Sterling incident though. A penalty was given initially and they overturned that decision with VAR so they did show some bollocks there.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't think VAR have the power to overturn the entire result of the match. :ph34r:

I guess you're referring to the Sterling incident though. A penalty was given initially and they overturned that decision with VAR so they did show some bollocks there.

Oops yep, was referring to that. I thought it was given. Shows how much attention I paid when reading this thread xD

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Refrees need to start handing out more yellow cards for diving. The fact players think they can still get away with it with VAR is shameful.

It seems a common thing that when a decision gets overturned like that the player never gets booked for diving. Maybe it's one of those nonsense technicalities like not being able to appeal a red card if it was two yellows because you can't appeal a yellow card.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Refrees need to start handing out more yellow cards for diving. The fact players think they can still get away with it with VAR is shameful.

They can though. That's precisely the problem.

They introduced something 2/3 years ago for players getting retrospective bans for diving, they banned I think two players (I want to say one of them was Lanzini) and then just stopped doing it. The authorities have absolutely zero convinction in anything they do officiating wise.

It's got to be some kind of directive from within the game for them to go soft on it. Something isn't right in this department and hasn't been for a long time.

• Subscriber

Yeah it was Lanzini and Niasse for not even the worst dives on show those weekends. And it never made sense because if you dived and the referee saw it you got a yellow in the game and that was it but if you dived and fooled the referee but it was called out retrospectively it was a two match ban.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived