• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Saudi Arabia GP - 3-5th December

football forum

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The race has been turned into a circus and it's mostly on race control; they let it out of the hand completely. Bottas should have gotten a penalty for slowing down like that under the safety car; there should have been no negotiations between race control, Mercedes and RB for restart positions; they should have properly communicated to the teams regarding Max giving back position to Lewis. I honestly don't know what happened there in that crazy incident, will be interesting to see what FIA makes out if it. 

• Subscriber

Verstappen's radio message there for driver of the day 🤦‍♂️. He needs to understand there are limits to what's considered fair racing. The lack of ability to reflect is a concern for him and for F1 in the long run. You could forgive Brazil in isolation but there were too many antics from him today, even if you take into account the Mercedes mischief at the start that they got away with.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Verstappen's radio message there for driver of the day 🤦‍♂️. He needs to understand there are limits to what's considered fair racing. The lack of ability to reflect is a concern for him and for F1 in the long run. You could forgive Brazil in isolation but there were too many antics from him today, even if you take into account the Mercedes mischief at the start that they got away with.

Just look at Horner though. Wanking over DOTD and saying someone other than the FIA have your back. How the fuck are the FIA supposed to have anyone’s back? The utter Karen. It simply breeds in Max that he can do no wrong and is untouchable.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Just look at Horner though. Wanking over DOTD and saying someone other than the FIA have your back. How the fuck are the FIA supposed to have anyone’s back? The utter Karen. It simply breeds in Max that he can do no wrong and is untouchable.

For this reason I said to my brother earlier this season that I don't think Max will win a title while at RB. From what I've seen on race weekends and drive to survive, the team come across like utter cunts. Then you have his prick of a dad, combined together I feel like they make him think he's beyond the rules at times. 

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

@MUFC

• Subscriber

It's one thing being a silly boy like Max was in several occasions in that race. I do not understand how he feels aggrieved after that though. And even if he's convinced everything he did today was legitimate, doesn't he realise his tyres would have fucked him anyway? Serious headache man. I worry now for what he might do if he goes wheel to wheel with Hamilton next weekend.

• Subscriber

Max's lunge back up the inside of Lewis when he actually let him through was more dirty than the "brake testing" incident which just seems to be a bizarre misunderstanding. It's very odd that Hamilton didn't go through. Possible explanations was he was worried a VSC was the reason Max was slowing down. It seems weird though when he basically called to be let through on the radio. Surely he'd have been half expecting it. I still think maybe he didn't want to pass there because he knew Max was trying to get DRS. Anthony Davidson making that case now on Sky. Still comes back to poor communication from the race director.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, shut up said:

It seems mad that after all that the biggest punishment he will face is a 5 second penalty. It's almost worth doing if you're Max, cos if he you get away it you're laughing 

He can face disqualification, read the sporting code regulations quoted in the tweet.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Max's lunge back up the inside of Lewis when he actually let him through was more dirty than the "brake testing" incident which just seems to be a bizarre misunderstanding. It's very odd that Hamilton didn't go through. Possible explanations was he was worried a VSC was the reason Max was slowing down. It seems weird though when he basically called to be let through on the radio. Surely he'd have been half expecting it. I still think maybe he didn't want to pass there because he knew Max was trying to get DRS. Anthony Davidson making that case now on Sky. Still comes back to poor communication from the race director.

Did you hear the FIA radio? They were at it like a pub fight.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah I actually have far more sympathy for Max on that one than the others. Was a really weird situation 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

He can face disqualification, read the sporting code regulations quoted in the tweet.

I texted my mate who's been a hardcore fan since the 80s. You know what the weirdo said? He said he switched the farce off when the FIA and MErc were arguing on the radio. One of the craziest races and he switched it off lol.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived