talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 20 PL Matches - 28-30th December, 2021

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'm not sure the proves what you think it does.

Liverpool, and Everton, are subject to abuse that is because of the city they're from. It's bullshit and if it was any other city it would not happen. That twat @Dan tried to say it was because it gets a reaction, ok...well I'd love to see him come to Lime Street and call someone a 'bin dipper'. The point of 'banter' (horrific word) is that it's grudgingly accepted and light hearted. The stuff about Liverpool is not.

They get called 'sensitive' 'victims' but no other city gets the vitriol chucked at them that Liverpool does. 

I know Leicester fans like the back of my hand, they're the same as Hull.

Why do you get so upset about it? I'm not disagreeing with you about people having unfair opinions and prejudice on the city and Scousers but it's a bit strange when you don't even support Liverpool that you wind yourself up like this extrapolating every comment against Liverpool FC into a national conspiracy against the city of Liverpool. 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RondónEFC said:

Why do you get so upset about it? I'm not disagreeing with you about people having unfair opinions and prejudice on the city and Scousers but it's a bit strange when you don't even support Liverpool that you wind yourself up like this extrapolating every comment against Liverpool FC into a national conspiracy against the city of Liverpool. 

I stand up for Everton too. Why is it acceptable for thousands of men to scream 'we pay your benefits'?

And, yes Leicester is very poor. But have you seen Leicester fans? They don't look like they city they represent. They're all from Hinckley, Melten Mowbray etc.

Just now, Dan said:

Where did I say it?

Well by proxy, you said 'I said it because it's true'. I took that to mean my post.

People  don't get away with singing 'town full of pakis' anymore and quite rightly. Singing songs about people being in poverty is nearly the same level for me. Especially for somewhere like Leicester which is very poor.

I'm guessing I'll get the 'sense of humour' jibe back. Well you clearly like Mrs Browns Boys or Gavin and Stacey. 

• Subscriber
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Well by proxy, you said 'I said it because it's true'. I took that to mean my post.

People  don't get away with singing 'town full of pakis' anymore and quite rightly. Singing songs about people being in poverty is nearly the same level for me. Especially for somewhere like Leicester which is very poor.

I'm guessing I'll get the 'sense of humour' jibe back. Well you clearly like Mrs Browns Boys or Gavin and Stacey. 

Nothing to do with sense of humour. I don't find it particularly funny. It's a rise. It works every time - as we're seeing in here. It's part and parcel. We've been on the end of some shit ourselves - I just don't see cryarsing about it every game and be assured if there was, we'd get more of it rather than less.

It's really not that deep.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Nothing to do with sense of humour. I don't find it particularly funny. It's a rise. It works every time - as we're seeing in here. It's part and parcel. We've been on the end of some shit ourselves - I just don't see cryarsing about it every game and be assured if there was, we'd get more of it rather than less.

It's really not that deep.

Ok. So what's the equivalent for Manchester City? Or Manchester United? CHelse?

I am willing to bet it's nowhere near the same level of abuse. It'll be about the owners, the players etc, But with Liverpool it's always about he people. 

• Subscriber
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Ok. So what's the equivalent for Manchester City? Or Manchester United? CHelse?

I am willing to bet it's nowhere near the same level of abuse. It'll be about the owners, the players etc, But with Liverpool it's always about he people. 

It's a vicious cycle. If Man City or Man Utd fans bit to those kinds of songs in the same way they would be on the end of it themselves more. It's just never quite taken off.

If it's anything to do with the people it'll be dirty northerners or soft southerners.

Just now, Dan said:

It's a vicious cycle. If Man City or Man Utd fans bit to those kinds of songs in the same way they would be on the end of it themselves more. It's just never quite taken off.

If it's anything to do with the people it'll be dirty northerners or soft southerners.

Not the same, and you know it. Liverpool fans aren't arsed, they're immune to the hate they have from middle England.

Fact is, you despise Liverpool and are actually, quite fond of the Manchester clubs. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Not the same, and you know it. Liverpool fans aren't arsed, they're immune to the hate they have from middle England.

Fact is, you despise Liverpool and are actually, quite fond of the Manchester clubs. 

I've given Manchester United probably more grief than anyone else on here I reckon. Liverpool fans aren't arsed, so you're their knight in shining armour, right o.

38 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I see what Chelsea & Liverpool are doing, trying to convince Pep he doesn't need a striker next month :35_thinking: :4_joy: 

8 out of 10 times I think you’ll win the title. I don’t think that changes until MBS has pumped up Newcastle to compete with you.

Then you probably win it 6 out of 10 times.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

8 out of 10 times I think you’ll win the title. I don’t think that changes until MBS has pumped up Newcastle to compete with you.

Then you probably win it 6 out of 10 times.

Back to back titles are difficult though and as you have seen with United just buying players doesn't really work without a decent manger to mold them into a team  ..Pep might be off in a few years too, things might change then

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Back to back titles are difficult though and as you have seen with United just buying players doesn't really work without a decent manger to mold them into a team  ..Pep might be off in a few years too, things might change then

You’ve got a good director of football and are a PR project for a very rich country obsessed with projecting greatness - you’ll get the a top manager guaranteed

52 minutes ago, Dan said:

I've given Manchester United probably more grief than anyone else on here I reckon. Liverpool fans aren't arsed, so you're their knight in shining armour, right o.

Tbf I think classicism and football chants being the equivalent of sucking on some Tory cunt’s arsehole are pretty disgusting. I think anti-Scouse bullshit is mostly classist bullshit.

And honestly I think most of it is just petty projection so some sad losers can feel better than other people.

But I’m not in outrage because I don’t really expect much better from most people.

Look how long it’s taken to get people to get a consensus that racism is bad. And racism is objectively worse than classism in my mind. But if racism is systemic, I don’t think there’s anything more systemic in the UK than classism.

I’d have said more about it if I thought it was a problem on this forum. But I don’t think you or @Stan really have much in common with the people who were mocking poverty other than being Leicester fans.

But I do think those chants are in pretty poor taste due to the willful neglect of the North by Westminster, in particular Liverpool, because of politics.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived