talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 20 PL Matches - 28-30th December, 2021

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I stand up for Everton too. Why is it acceptable for thousands of men to scream 'we pay your benefits'?

And, yes Leicester is very poor. But have you seen Leicester fans? They don't look like they city they represent. They're all from Hinckley, Melten Mowbray etc.

You haven't answered my question about why you get so upset about it, what are you achieving by this? It's a genuine question. I laid into Feed the Scousers in my first post in this thread, I think it's pretty clear that I'm not arguing that chant or any associated chants are acceptable or funny.

I'm also not "siding with" anyone to address your later point. The responses you're getting from what I've seen are in response to your own comments, not attacks upon the city or either of the football clubs.

It's just such an unnecessary hill to die on in the grand scheme of things.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I don't know about the Manc clubs. We have had Chelsea rent boys which has only recently been slated due to the homophobic undertones. It's not that long ago some fans used to hiss at Spurs either. I think that's been rightfully condemned and is now more of a taboo. Hopefully Feed the Scousers and bin dippers are the next unfunny outdated grunts that we grow out of as a society. Certainly anything that gets said on here to wind each other up is nothing more than antagonistic shitposting on a football forum and doesn't need to be blown up into such a big Liverpool against the world thing.

3 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

I don't know about the Manc clubs. We have had Chelsea rent boys which has only recently been slated due to the homophobic undertones. It's not that long ago some fans used to hiss at Spurs either. I think that's been rightfully condemned and is now more of a taboo. Hopefully Feed the Scousers and bin dippers are the next unfunny outdated grunts that we grow out of as a society. Certainly anything that gets said on here to wind each other up is nothing more than antagonistic shitposting on a football forum and doesn't need to be blown up into such a big Liverpool against the world thing.

• Administrator

Trying to work out what exactly Leicester fans from Hinckley and Melton Mowbray are meant to look like and how anyone can tell just by looking at their TV screen xD

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf I think classicism and football chants being the equivalent of sucking on some Tory cunt’s arsehole are pretty disgusting. I think anti-Scouse bullshit is mostly classist bullshit.

And honestly I think most of it is just petty projection so some sad losers can feel better than other people.

But I’m not in outrage because I don’t really expect much better from most people.

Look how long it’s taken to get people to get a consensus that racism is bad. And racism is objectively worse than classism in my mind. But if racism is systemic, I don’t think there’s anything more systemic in the UK than classism.

I’d have said more about it if I thought it was a problem on this forum. But I don’t think you or @Stan really have much in common with the people who were mocking poverty other than being Leicester fans.

But I do think those chants are in pretty poor taste due to the willful neglect of the North by Westminster, in particular Liverpool, because of politics.

Agree with most of this. I get the impression Dan is quite happy with the chants though in the name of 'banter' or 'winding them up' which is a bit grim.

7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Says the man who works in the city yet calls them 'bin dippers'. 

I’ll give you 24 hours to find that post or rescind your claim. And no, don’t revert to ‘it was on the old forum’ like you did with @Smiley Culture several years ago. It doesn’t fucking wash anymore. Hold yourself accountable for having a shandy and getting overexcited. Again.

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ll give you 24 hours to find that post or rescind your claim. And no, don’t revert to ‘it was on the old forum’ like you did with @Smiley Cultureseveral years ago. It doesn’t fucking wash anymore. Hold yourself accountable for having a shandy and getting overexcited. Again.

Well said  ..them blue & red dippers want to have a long look at themselves too :ph34r:

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ll give you 24 hours to find that post or rescind your claim. And no, don’t revert to ‘it was on the old forum’ like you did with @Smiley Culture several years ago. It doesn’t fucking wash anymore. Hold yourself accountable for having a shandy and getting overexcited. Again.

Hang in there. We'll clear your name brother.

On the chants thing, I will point out that in no way do I think Liverpool fans are angels or anything like that. There will unfortunately be a pretty large number of the away end at Stamford Bridge on Sunday chanting 'Chelsea rent boys' I would imagine, despite certain LGBT groups pointing out the origins of the chant and why it's offensive. 

45 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

On the chants thing, I will point out that in no way do I think Liverpool fans are angels or anything like that. There will unfortunately be a pretty large number of the away end at Stamford Bridge on Sunday chanting 'Chelsea rent boys' I would imagine, despite certain LGBT groups pointing out the origins of the chant and why it's offensive. 

Everyone is the same mate. All sets of fans dish it out as much as they take it. And it will never change, certain songs like the 'Feed the Scousers' one become a stigma that sticks because of how much they are repeated.

You'll have some club in League Two singing it to Tranmere for no reason I imagine, just as we get random clubs with no connection to us chanting 'We all hate Leeds scum'.

Fans tend to lack originality, especially the 'harmless' one's that don't really bother anyone such as say Leicester in this example. No one tends to get too upset by them unless they are a local rival like say Forest or Derby.

It just seems a bit mundane that the same generic songs are sung but equally, the lack of originality shouldn't bother anyone IMO.

43 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Even though these songs and point scoring has been around for decades I do think what we’re seeing now is less a reflection of football culture and more a reflection of how divided the country is and has been for a solid decade, the moment you take an opposite side to someone now it’s pure go for the throat. I think it’s perfectly fair to call out those Leicester chants and more so through the use of trying to raise money for food banks in Leicester, it’s a great way to put a middle finger up to ignorance in general rather than the individual. Same if LGBTQ+ groups used it as an example to raise awareness and money for their own specific charities.

The one thing I’ve learnt through Brexit is that all intense arguing, name calling and high horse sitting leads to is the deflection of your (my your, not you) own faults and problems rather than any sort of useful discourse.

The best outcome from this is that sections of Leicester fans have a word with themselves regarding the use of anti-Liverpool/poverty songs (and other fans who join in too) and that Liverpool fans can have a word with themselves about homophobic chants (and any other fans that jump in on that too).

Those outcomes might not be the ones we arrive at anytime soon but it’s a great start, personally have a lot of respect for the food bank team set up by Liverpool/Everton fans.

13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Everyone is the same mate. All sets of fans dish it out as much as they take it. And it will never change, certain songs like the 'Feed the Scousers' one become a stigma that sticks because of how much they are repeated.

You'll have some club in League Two singing it to Tranmere for no reason I imagine, just as we get random clubs with no connection to us chanting 'We all hate Leeds scum'.

Fans tend to lack originality, especially the 'harmless' one's that don't really bother anyone such as say Leicester in this example. No one tends to get too upset by them unless they are a local rival like say Forest or Derby.

It just seems a bit mundane that the same generic songs are sung but equally, the lack of originality shouldn't bother anyone IMO.

I think the thing I found most weird was that it was fucking Leicester. I expect it from United or Chelsea. You might get other fanbases sing it once and then forget about it. They were relentless and revelling in it though. Celebrating the saved penalty with a chorus of Feed the Scousers. Truly bizarre.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived