talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 20 PL Matches - 28-30th December, 2021

football forum

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been watching the 2nd half.. and it seems a case of Leicester being really determined it wasn't going the same way as Man City did for them. Just injury time left now to all 3 points.

However, it could easily have been 0-2 by the time Lookman scored. So Liverpool a bit off it tonight, from the other point of view. Leicester perhaps with an amount of luck added to the determination I've seen.

• Administrator

Get the fuck in. 

After a hammering against City I'm amazed we've kept a clean sheet against a refreshed Liverpool side. 

Resilient defensive performance after shipping 6. How we've won that is unreal, after the chances Liverpool had. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Impressive from Leicester 

Apart from that flurry at the end, we barely gave them anything to do. A teenager and midfield in their defence and they get away with it. 

Sickened off by that. The title was hard enough to win when you’re playing well, but when you just gift the advantage to City like that then you deserve nothing. People might think I’m overreacting, but do you really think it isn’t going to be 9 by tomorrow night? 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

City 9 points clear by the end of tomorrow. 

What does this say about City and/or the league in general? I know it's the half way point but everything is pointing at them winning every game much like last season. Clubs can spend loads amount but no one can really match the consistency City/Pep have, which begs the question why? 

It amazes me Txiki at City doesn't get enough credit because all of their success/domination domestically is down to him. 

• Subscriber

Liverpool were shite, Leicester deserve a lot of credit, Lookman scoring the winner is very amusing from my perspective, and any fanbase that still signs Feed the Scousers are an absolute embarrassment. Might have been slightly funny in a sad, edgelord manner a couple of decades ago but now it's very middle-aged divorcee telling the same jokes as he did as a teenager thinking they're still just as funny.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Frustrating performance. Didn't create a great deal second half from open play apart from the Mane chance that he obviously should have scored.

Don't see how us or Chelsea make 9 points up on Man City.

It's only 6 points. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Liverpool were shite, Leicester deserve a lot of credit, Lookman scoring the winner is very amusing from my perspective, and any fanbase that still signs Feed the Scousers are an absolute embarrassment. Might have been slightly funny in a sad, edgelord manner a couple of decades ago but now it's very middle-aged divorcee telling the same jokes as he did as a teenager thinking they're still just as funny.

Whilst I don’t disagree with you at all. Look how much it seems to be riling up liverpool fans - that’s the ultimate purpose and it’s working. 

• Administrator

Kasper was given MOTM but for me it should go to Dewsbury-Hall or Thomas. 

Latter for keeping Salah very quiet. He got hammered by Pepe when we played Arsenal but he's already learnt alot. Not many players keep Salah quiet but he's done it all game. 

Dewsbury-Hall will be one hell of a player. Was up and down the pitch and put a proper shift in. He's a real workhorse and got another assist today. He and Youri, with Maddison in midfield there's a lot to be hopeful about. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

We needed reinforcements, not a knee jerk reaction either the title race is over because we didn’t beef up the squad. How can any sane fan deny it at this point.

@Rick;)

12 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

We needed reinforcements, not a knee jerk reaction either the title race is over because we didn’t beef up the squad. How can any sane fan deny it at this point.

We were missing two players from our first choice 11. That side should be beating a Leicester side with so many injuries in defence.

But credit to Leicester, they didn't give much up after the penalty we missed.

Just now, LFCMike said:

We were missing two players from our first choice 11. That side should be beating a Leicester side with so many injuries in defence.

But football isn't always won on paper. Salah and Mane are bound to be fatigued physically and mentally. If Sterling is tired, out comes Grealish. If De Bryune is tired, out comes B.Silva or Gundogan. If Mahrez is tired, out comes Foden or Jesus.  

Asking Liverpool to compete against that with only Minamino and Origi was always going to be difficult in the long run.

12 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Ox is as effective as a plaster on a fucking bullet wound. League cup player at best. Then having Milner (who I love) come on for Fab, this squad needs refreshed to say the least. 

But that’s a conversation for another day, let’s just hope the likes of Brentford & Arsenal can do something against those horrible pack of twats. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived