talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Apprentice - Season 16

football forum

Poor Akshay, loved how many times he talked himself out of trouble but didn't feel it was his fault this week.

Of all the characters left I hope Aaron goes next week. Think all the Girls have done enough to get through the process to get to the interviews and Akeem is just a great guy.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Poor Akshay, loved how many times he talked himself out of trouble but didn't feel it was his fault this week.

Of all the characters left I hope Aaron goes next week. Think all the Girls have done enough to get through the process to get to the interviews and Akeem is just a great guy.

Ironic isn't it. Think Steph was pretty useless this week and Akshay did his best. If Kathryn and Steph think he wasn't calm they should have seen Harpreet! 

She's doing my head in now. Frustrating trying to listen to her have a conversation. If Akeem had a backbone and backed himself he'd have fought back with Harpreet. 

Looks like Brittany will be set to win. Maybe Sugar gets on the eco-train with whatever her business plan is. 

Luck ran out for brother Akshay. Seriously, when on live TV they were all shit. All over the place, no composure and nervous as anything. Just so unorganised, are these really the best of Britain?

23 hours ago, MUFC said:

Luck ran out for brother Akshay. Seriously, when on live TV they were all shit. All over the place, no composure and nervous as anything. Just so unorganised, are these really the best of Britain?

No because the best of Britain would no longer enter for the apprentice.

People genuinely wanted a job within his company when it first started, now its crappy business ideas that win half the time. We've had coffee shops and cake makers, nothing that would have the Dragons remotely interested.

Lord Sugar must of seriously not want to have been involved this year.

Absolutely disasters every week.

Spelling mistakes, tasteless products  and a bady food with Die written on the packaging.

• Subscriber

It's the passion and enthusiasm they show for their products, they are so proud of them. I know you have to really enthuse to sell your products but surely they realise how shit they are.

I only watched this series and the last series, but fuck me the quality of contestants is bad this year. Don’t have any big personalities like Thomas Skinner or Ryan Mark and in general there just seems to be less competency. Harpreet has to win this surely, the Bristolian doesn’t know what she does wrong nor how to talk to investors or the board when they disagree with her, Katherine is nice and has common sense but at the same time not being able to explain what Boujee meant was just mental. Francesca I just don’t really gravitate to or from her.

Overall I liked Akeem mainly because the further he got the worse he got, but he was likeable and funny. “Where’s the food? It’s in the bowl”. AK47 Akshay has probably been the best contestant but deservedly had to go. Nick was a bit of an underdog too, funniest when having to do something difficult.

Just a shame Shama had to leave early on as I think she could have rivalled Harpreet to win. At least seemed to have more common sense than most and was entertaining.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Danny said:

I only watched this series and the last series, but fuck me the quality of contestants is bad this year. Don’t have any big personalities like Thomas Skinner or Ryan Mark and in general there just seems to be less competency. Harpreet has to win this surely, the Bristolian doesn’t know what she does wrong nor how to talk to investors or the board when they disagree with her, Katherine is nice and has common sense but at the same time not being able to explain what Boujee meant was just mental. Francesca I just don’t really gravitate to or from her.

Overall I liked Akeem mainly because the further he got the worse he got, but he was likeable and funny. “Where’s the food? It’s in the bowl”. AK47 Akshay has probably been the best contestant but deservedly had to go. Nick was a bit of an underdog too, funniest when having to do something difficult.

2nd para contradicts the first one.

Quality is bad but then the person you liked that went further wasn't that good. There's no big personality but the one person you liked was funny (I agree he was a character for the wrong reasons i.e. quite daft). 

It's a sign of the programme moving on in that people crave the entertainment factor as opposed to an actually decent idea. They all lack common sense and sensibility - they just have a lot of silly moments amongst hours and hours of filming. The problem with this series is that all the ideas have been pretty god dam shite xD. Usually you get one or two products or ideas or tasks which stand out and make you think 'actually that was pretty decent'. As a result, none of them really shine out. The artic saviour moment really sticks out like a sore thumb - for not one of them to pop up and say 'oi, artic is spelt wrong you idiots'. Still can't get over that xD 

I think Kathryn will win. It'll be pointed out to Sugar that Harpreet is too bossy and can't take on anyone else's opinions or part in a conversation. It'll work with some people but the moment she comes up against someone exactly like her, it won't work. I personally can't stand people like her - the only voice they hear is their own and they can't take on board other people's ideas, or at least acknowledge them. 

Just now, Stan said:

2nd para contradicts the first one.

Quality is bad but then the person you liked that went further wasn't that good. There's no big personality but the one person you liked was funny (I agree he was a character for the wrong reasons i.e. quite daft). 

It's a sign of the programme moving on in that people crave the entertainment factor as opposed to an actually decent idea. They all lack common sense and sensibility - they just have a lot of silly moments amongst hours and hours of filming. The problem with this series is that all the ideas have been pretty god dam shite xD. Usually you get one or two products or ideas or tasks which stand out and make you think 'actually that was pretty decent'. As a result, none of them really shine out. The artic saviour moment really sticks out like a sore thumb - for not one of them to pop up and say 'oi, artic is spelt wrong you idiots'. Still can't get over that xD 

I think Kathryn will win. It'll be pointed out to Sugar that Harpreet is too bossy and can't take on anyone else's opinions or part in a conversation. It'll work with some people but the moment she comes up against someone exactly like her, it won't work. I personally can't stand people like her - the only voice they hear is their own and they can't take on board other people's ideas, or at least acknowledge them. 

You can like people for being daft or funny whilst thinking the show needs high caliber candidates and you can find someone entertaining whilst also thinking there aren’t really any really big characters on the show, doesn’t mean that they’re shit, just that the show doesn’t have a fully balanced line up. I like the show and enjoy watching it for different reasons, but Akeem and Akshay stand out because they’re funny and likeable whereas a lot of them either come across as neutral or annoying, but they all seem to have in common that they’re not particularly great at what the shows asking of them.

And I think you’ve got it spot on in that there will always be daft moments when there’s hours and hours of filming, but this series seems to be full of them every episode. The final 4 (used to be a 5?) was quite mad in that everyone on that episode seemed to fuck up quite big other than maybe Harpreet.

And I agree with you on Harpreet, I don’t particularly like how she treats people. I think in her head she probably thinks you have to be on the ball, do it yourself and don’t stand for nonsense but she’s very alienating and treats people badly, particularly Akeem. I think it’s one of the reasons I like him, he handles every situation with a smile and tries his best even if it’s not great. Telling Alan Sugar that the food was in the bowl was hilarious, you can tell the boardroom really liked him for that even if it wasn’t going to win him the show. Maybe business isn’t about being liked but I’d love to see Akeem doing more television, in fact him and Akshay trying to do a different job together for a separate series playing into the perception that they’re not particularly good at it would be great viewing cos they’re funny in different ways and both likeable.

Just watched the baby food episode. Poor Akeem. Such a lovely guy even if he was hopelessly out of his depth.

As for the final four...

Harpreet - She's been the best performing candidate but my God she does come across as patronising and annoying.

Brittany - Plenty of wins but I've never seen somebody in this process that's so tone deaf when it comes to criticism.

Kathryn - She's been a bit 50/50 throughout this process and comes across as a bit of a snake in the boardroom 

Stephanie - I thought she was standing out as the leading candidate around the mid point but in the last couple of weeks she's had a mare.

Overall I hope Stephanie has the best business plan but on the balance of the ten weeks Harpreet deserves the win.

On 17/03/2022 at 21:57, The Palace Fan said:

I think I'll give the final a miss. One absolutely horrible person and another business that seems doomed to fail unless he overhauls the entire thing.

I'm the same, don't think I will watch it this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived