talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2021/22 - Fourth Round Matches

football forum

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus what was that? Mads headed it to Holgate? Henry stood outside of the goal?

Everton haven’t looked threatening in open play much, a lot of runs and long range efforts but not many clear cut chances. Don’t give the game away by giving easy set pieces goals to them.

Frustrating thing about this is that a. We’ve not really tested Everton outside of Toney’s dragback that Roerslev should have scored and b. Despite being 4-1 down Everton have been pretty average going forward, two goals from set pieces which fair enough they’re goals but the defending was awful.

Mads Bech Soronsen has been terrible today too, he’s not really ready for this level yet to be playing consistently and has good and bad games but the bad are noticeable.

The positives is that David Raya and Josh Dasilva are back fit, didn’t really see much of Dasilva bar slight glimpses of him carrying the ball forward, we really miss that.

We’re in a real slump at the moment and need to pick ourselves out of it now.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Danny said:

We’ve just slowly fallen apart and now given Townsend his one goal per blue moon

That's his 7th goal of the season which would make him your top scorer like but maybe there are just more blue moons down South. :whistling:

Haven't caught any of the game but nice to see the scoreline, four different goalscorers and a comfortable win. 

Wins over Brentford shouldn't be a big deal but they're ahead of us in the table thanks to the last manager, amongst other things, so a big step in the right direction. Only one game though, I'm not quite ready to say that Frank Lampard is going to be the best Everton manager of our lifetime, but keep an eye out for @Dr. Gonzo getting on the hype train :ph34r:.

30 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

That's his 7th goal of the season which would make him your top scorer like but maybe there are just more blue moons down South. :whistling:

Haven't caught any of the game but nice to see the scoreline, four different goalscorers and a comfortable win. 

Wins over Brentford shouldn't be a big deal but they're ahead of us in the table thanks to the last manager, amongst other things, so a big step in the right direction. Only one game though, I'm not quite ready to say that Frank Lampard is going to be the best Everton manager of our lifetime, but keep an eye out for @Dr. Gonzo getting on the hype train :ph34r:.

I'll give you that, was thinking of Crystal Palace Townsend xD

I watched the Saints Coventry cup tie yesterday, very even and tbh, I don't know how Coventry lost. They missed sone absolute golden chances. Great support yesterday though selling out a whole stand and naking good noise.

I like what Robins has done with the team. Look good going forward.

I wouldn't mind seeing Coventry back in the Premier League. Always used to pose a problem for sides visiting Highfield Road. I feel they are on the right track anyway in the next 2-3 years.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I watched the Saints Coventry cup tie yesterday, very even and tbh, I don't know how Coventry lost. They missed sone absolute golden chances. Great support yesterday though selling out a whole stand and naking good noise.

I like what Robins has done with the team. Look good going forward.

I wouldn't mind seeing Coventry back in the Premier League. Always used to pose a problem for sides visiting Highfield Road. I feel they are on the right track anyway in the next 2-3 years.

Armstrong's goal was ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Double digits? 

Wouldn't surprised me if Liverpool fancy it.

We have Denham and King starting, who have a handful of games between them, Flint  and Pack have the pace of a tortoise with its legs in cement and Pack has about as much creativity as Boris Johnson excuses.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived