The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2021/22 - Fourth Round Matches

football forum

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Wow. Just seen the result. 

Thought Man Utd might have snuck it. Referee massively helped Boro with that equaliser though. 

Isn't that the rule though. @LFCMike said it was the right decision.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Moreso what this young lad will inevitably endure on social media. 

He looks about 42 years old, can’t believe he’s 19.

I’d imagine he’ll be alright given the controversy of VAR on everyone’s agenda. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ve said it before. I’ll say it again. We are broken from the top down. It’ll never get better till the Glazers are gone.

Genuine question, when do you think you'll next win the league? I really do think you're in danger of a Liverpool pre 2020 like draught. I got laughed at about 5 years ago for saying it'd be at least 10 until you won another.

I know things can change quickly in football but that's when there's a desire for things to. Chelsea make mistakes and have off seasons but they very rarely don't rectify them. It's looking more and more Arsenal like by the year. Top four has become the be all and end all. You've got the resources to fix it but not the brains, nor desire from the owners.

I'd bet massive money you don't win another league under the Glazers.

8 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Isn't that the rule though. @LFCMike said it was the right decision.

It’s actually Taylors interpretation and decision that’s wrong imho. If he thinks that’s accidental handball, we’re fucked. I mean his arm is behind him when he jumps, then changes direction to control the ball. I’ve watched it several times, won’t change my mind.

5 hours ago, Storts said:

Man United losing on penalties has literally United the country. What a night 

Which is pretty embarrassing. For such a shit small club that nobody seems to care about anymore because they're on nobody’s radar, they still seem to live rent free in just about everybody’s head.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Genuine question, when do you think you'll next win the league? I really do think you're in danger of a Liverpool pre 2020 like draught. I got laughed at about 5 years ago for saying it'd be at least 10 until you won another.

I know things can change quickly in football but that's when there's a desire for things to. Chelsea make mistakes and have off seasons but they very rarely don't rectify them. It's looking more and more Arsenal like by the year. Top four has become the be all and end all. You've got the resources to fix it but not the brains, nor desire from the owners.

I'd bet massive money you don't win another league under the Glazers.

Don’t need to bet me anything. I know this already. Money changes nothing if those in charge have no idea how to spend it or would rather line their pockets to the tune of £15mill in dividend each every year instead of buying that extra midfielder you’ve needed for about 4 years. Here’s my conversion from last night……

D2A3B605-BB1E-4480-B157-2A89CCDF7EDE.jpeg

A successful business model for the Glazers doesn’t require winning another trophy. Ever again. It requires the club to make a turnover and enough profits to prop up Tampa Bay and their failing US business’s. That’s all. Finishing 4 or above achieves that. That’s all that’s required from Sponsors. They couldn’t care less what legacy supporters think. Until the cash runs dry, Manchester United will never win the league or champions league again. The odd cup win might happen. That’s all. That’s my genuine take. I’m more upset my son will never know what it’s like support a successful team, just one with history from ions ago before he was even born. But then again, that just sounds ridiculously entitled doesn’t it. 

We need the Glazers out, the squad stripped and the blueprints of the club totally rebuilt.

A bit like City did by stripping Barcelona of their football men. 

Commercially we will no doubt be taking a hit soon a well, Adidas and the rest of the sponsors will scale back their deals at some point.

Regarding last night's game, Boro worked their socks off but reality is We should have been 4 of 5 up in that game. Like Ian Wright said, some things seem written and that end result seemed like fate as soon as they had a dodgy decision go their way.

Pathetic.

Our match must have been great for the neutrals glad to have not gone out to Plymouth a week before the World Club Championship though would have liked a more comfortable passage.

Our forwards were poor and though our goals were decent we should have taken more opportunities.

Lukaku especially was poor and surprised to see him last 90 mins.

Pretty meh game so far, neither side looks particularly dangerous but Everton got their goal. The impact Raya makes is massive, just look much calmer playing out from the back.

With Dasilva, Onyeka and Baptiste on the bench I expect Jensen will be subbed off at some point in the second half to offer a bit more drive from our midfield. Our biggest issue is that we keep misplacing the pass or losing possession whilst dribbling in the final third.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived