15/02/2021 - Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle
21/11/2020 - Newcastle 0-2 Chelsea

Recent Form
Chelsea - WWWLW
Newcastle - WWWDW

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what the team will be like tomorrow,  maybe Maxi and Joelinton will be back,  could be a few changes due to the short turn around in games;

Debravka

Manquillo, Schar, Burn, Targett

Willock, Shelvey, Joelinton

Fraser, Wood, ASM

Bruno and Krafth went off last game with cramps so maybe they will be on the bench for this outing.   

In a run of four away games that includes Southampton, Chelsea, Everton and Spurs,  this was probably the game I wasn't expecting much from,  but Chelsea do have distractions. 

Was going to label this the battle of the billions but things have changed a bit since then... has more of a rich man, poor man theme going on... Both sides on a good run currently, hoping home advantage trumps our off field woes... 

8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Was going to label this the battle of the billions but things have changed a bit since then... has more of rich man, poor man theme going on... Both sides on a good run currently, hoping home advantage trumps our off field woes... 

It may become a big rivalry in the coming years,  it is still early for us as we have barely started anything.  

3 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

It may become a big rivalry in the coming years,  it is still early for us as we have barely started anything.  

You'are on a good run of form should be a good match.

In normal circumstance I would expect us to win though hard to judge now because of off the pitch factors. 

1 minute ago, Waylander said:

You'are on a good run of form should be a good match.

In normal circumstance I would expect us to win though hard to judge now because of off the pitch factors. 

It has been a good run,  hope to keep it going,  even a point will feel like a win

22 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Looks like we are heading in opposite directions.... You on the up and us, well, wherever we end up.. give it a couple of years and people will probably be cursing the Newcastle billions and spitting on you in the street when they start winning stuff like they did with us... these things tend to circle round, we have had it real good for a long time now and now it's your turn to come from the bottom and cycle round to the top.. about time as well I say, can't deny being a toon fan has probably been fairly painful and demoralising for a long while, time to enjoy some success for a change... 

We have won all there is to win so I will die a happy man... good time for us to retire from the elite section and move down to the cheap seats.. Exciting times ahead!! 

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Looks like we are heading in opposite directions.... You on the up and us, well, wherever we end up.. give it a couple of years and people will probably be cursing the Newcastle billions and spitting on you in the street when they start winning stuff like they did with us... these things tend to circle round, we have had it real good for a long time now and now it's your turn to come from the bottom and cycle round to the top.. about time as well I say, can't deny being a toon fan has probably been fairly painful and demoralising for a long while, time to enjoy some success for a change... 

We have won all there is to win so I will die a happy man... good time for us to retire from the elite section and move down to the cheap seats.. Exciting times ahead!! 

pretty sure you are not going to just implode,  it is likely you will be bought out by rich people. 

The only thing that'll drastically change is our whole dynamic in buying players for the sake of it, which has resulted in the astronomical debt this club has seen.  Hoping we now resort to being much more calculated given there isn't a free flow of funds. 

7 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

pretty sure you are not going to just implode,  it is likely you will be bought out by rich people. 

No we won't, just the doomsayers out in force think that, but if you expect the worst everything else is a bonus...

Funny you know, what I really miss most about football is the excitement, I don't feel that anymore like I did before the billions... It's great that we have won a lot of stuff it really is and I wouldn't change that after all there are plenty of sides out there who's fans won't even come close to seeing their side picking up even one trophy let alone what we achieved but what's good about that is you get excited for the season, wondering if it will be your year to finally lift a trophy or qualify for Europe or get promotion, seeing a player have a stunning season or a youth prospect coming through or will it be a nail biting relegation battle?? 

Not knowing is part of what I miss, when you have lot's of money and are buying up the best players round the globe there is always just an expectancy that you will be there or thereabouts challenging for everything every season and it slowly takes away from the passion of the game for me because your success or failure is always down to the money you paid out and not the individual or team effort... 

51 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

No we won't, just the doomsayers out in force think that, but if you expect the worst everything else is a bonus...

Funny you know, what I really miss most about football is the excitement, I don't feel that anymore like I did before the billions... It's great that we have won a lot of stuff it really is and I wouldn't change that after all there are plenty of sides out there who's fans won't even come close to seeing their side picking up even one trophy let alone what we achieved but what's good about that is you get excited for the season, wondering if it will be your year to finally lift a trophy or qualify for Europe or get promotion, seeing a player have a stunning season or a youth prospect coming through or will it be a nail biting relegation battle?? 

Not knowing is part of what I miss, when you have lot's of money and are buying up the best players round the globe there is always just an expectancy that you will be there or thereabouts challenging for everything every season and it slowly takes away from the passion of the game for me because your success or failure is always down to the money you paid out and not the individual or team effort... 

You are not missing much,  there is no way i'd swap Chelsea's success with say 14 years of Mike Ashley.   

Sure wealth takes away a bit of uncertainty but unlike in 2003 when only Man United and Arsenal could rival you,  that is now around 8 teams that could potentially rival you.   The Premier League has a lot of wealth,  but as everton have shown,  wealth doesn't guarantee success. 

• Subscriber

Just seen the headline about Saudi Arabia executing 81 people in one day yesterday.

Time to find out who finds these football club owners outrageous under any circumstances, or just when they get jealous of the success those owners bring to their acquired teams at the expense of others a la Chelsea, PSG, Man City...

46 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

We look well up for this... 

We did up until Werner gets the ball. 

Honestly fed up with this season with regards to our fullback situation. Not one of them are fit and it’s been the case where only 1-2 of them are fit at a time this entire season. 

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We did up until Werner gets the ball. 

Honestly fed up with this season with regards to our fullback situation. Not one of them are fit and it’s been the case where only 1-2 of them are fit at a time this entire season. 

We are so slow to get ourselves into decent scoring positions when the ball does get through or crossed into the box... The longer this stays 0-0 the greater belief Newcastle will have they can get something more than a draw here... 

• The title was changed to Chelsea 1-0 Newcastle - Sunday 13th March, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived