25/10/2020 - Arsenal 0-1 Leicester

Recent Form
Arsenal - WWWWD
Leicester - WWWWL

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Cursed fixture. We actually got 4 points from the last 2 trips but both behind closed doors which totally takes away the effect, sure normal service will resume ahead of being able to go again!

If there's one thing I can give us a bit more credit for of late it's that we're looking a little tougher to break down. Fortunate against Leeds but I think dropping Ndidi back to a lone DM has worked as we've been way too easy to play through all season. I do think it's come to the detriment of some of our attacking but something needed to change.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Dan said:

Cursed fixture. We actually got 4 points from the last 2 trips but both behind closed doors which totally takes away the effect, sure normal service will resume ahead of being able to go again!

If there's one thing I can give us a bit more credit for of late it's that we're looking a little tougher to break down. Fortunate against Leeds but I think dropping Ndidi back to a lone DM has worked as we've been way too easy to play through all season. I do think it's come to the detriment of some of our attacking but something needed to change.

Arsenal just in too good form these days. Can't imagine our squad is that fresh, and Arsenal profiting from no European football.

They absolutely rinsed us for a good 25 minutes at ours. We couldn't keep up. I fear the same and for longer at their place. Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli, Smith-Rowe, Lacazette have formed a formidable attack. 

I think it'll be quite difficult to get a result. Shame as we've picked up a bit of form and momentum. Three clean sheets in a row! Unheard of! Think that'll come crashing down on Sunday afternoon... 

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Stan said:

Arsenal just in too good form these days. Can't imagine our squad is that fresh, and Arsenal profiting from no European football.

They absolutely rinsed us for a good 25 minutes at ours. We couldn't keep up. I fear the same and for longer at their place. Saka, Odegaard, Martinelli, Smith-Rowe, Lacazette have formed a formidable attack. 

I think it'll be quite difficult to get a result. Shame as we've picked up a bit of form and momentum. Three clean sheets in a row! Unheard of! Think that'll come crashing down on Sunday afternoon... 

It feels a bit end of season dead rubber to me, the focus is on the second leg, just ensure we finish that job because it's far from done (though I'd back us to do it now, that 2nd goal was massive).

I feel like there's a bit of confidence at the back again. Soyuncu and Amartey finally looking like a bit of a partnership. I don't think a result is beyond us but the focus will be on Thursday still I feel.

• Administrator

No Tielemans or Ndidi. Iheanacho starts. 

Presumably we're giving everything to Europa Conference League. 

Very surprised though. 

Think we'll get comfortably beaten. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

That is absolutely shocking from us. Again. 

From a corner. Standard. 

The commentator just said that you'll have the worst record against set-pieces. The defending on that was horrid.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

The commentator just said that you'll have the worst record against set-pieces. The defending on that was horrid.

Yeah we do. Have done for a several weeks. 

• Administrator

Comfortable in the end for Arsenal, as expected. They're just a better side than we are this season. 

We had a good spell just before HT but other than that, and after the penalty, it was game over and easily managed by Arsenal. 

They're pretty set to finish 4th in my opinion. Games in hand and play better than Man Utd and Spurs. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Comfortable in the end for Arsenal, as expected. They're just a better side than we are this season. 

We had a good spell just before HT but other than that, and after the penalty, it was game over and easily managed by Arsenal. 

They're pretty set to finish 4th in my opinion. Games in hand and play better than Man Utd and Spurs. 

I actually thought we'd drop points today or at least make it hard for ourselves  and get a player sent of 😂 it's funny actually I think our best performance this season was against man city which we lost. But they have so much quality they will win if they play near their best as they are better than us

18 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

What a player Ødegaard is.

Yeah, he's really blossomed and found his feet now. He fits the team like a glove in that role behind the striker. 

When you consider what you have spent in recent times on certain individuals, his does genuinely feel like a bargain.

41 minutes ago, Stan said:

We still have Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham, Chelsea, and West Ham to play. Man Utd probably favourites when taking all of that into account.

54 minutes ago, 6666 said:

We still have Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham, Chelsea, and West Ham to play. Man Utd probably favourites when taking all of that into account.

No I think we're favourites. I dont think  we will definitely get it and I'm not saying it's a disaster if we dont taking all that into account but I think we are favourites. 

It will be interesting to see if southgate goes with pickford or ramsdale in the world cup.  On form you would say ramsdale but pickford has been consistent for England so I would probably pick him for that reason .

• The title was changed to Arsenal 2-0 Leicester - Sunday 13th March, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived