talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

I hate memes

football forums

I'm an old man of 29 years (good lord I've been using TFF/TF365 for a decade) and BACK IN MY DAY if you wanted to be funny, you actually had to be funny. My humor is a product of my early environment. I watched stand up comedy of the 90s and early 00s every week as a kid. Stand up back then was VERY different too. A lawless wasteland where the only rule was 'be funny, don't use the N word'. 
To be funny, you had to see what funny was, then reshape and re purpose those bits into your life. It made me have quick wit and provided scope for creating my own bits, or twisting my own tales enough to provide entertainment to my friends and random people at parties. 

These days sending someone a picture of some shit that is semi relatable, semi funny (sometimes anyway) apparently makes you funny? Why? because you found an amusing picture funny and shared it? Gangbusters. Every aspect of society seems to be sort of going soft at the edges to become approachable for everyone and low effort, and humor isn't an exception apparently. 

Sometimes I hate being old, and wish I was a young man again so I could change my future, but honestly, I don't think I want to see where society is at in 100 years. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Sometimes I hate being old,

OLD AT 29!!!!, I wish I was your age, I will be 73 come May 25th, I might suffer from sciatica, asthma, COPD, a heart failure condition and now I have bloody gout in both of my big toes, but saying all that, me and the wife are heading out to the local boozer to meet our son and his new girlfriend for a wee bevvy or two and then I will come home and sup a bottle of wine or two.

BE HAPPY, ENJOY LIFE LIKE ME AND THE WIFE xD

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rmyugab0xtfqn1gkrv

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

OLD AT 29!!!!, I wish I was your age, I will be 73 come May 25th, I might suffer from sciatica, asthma, COPD, a heart failure condition and now I have bloody gout in both of my big toes, but saying all that, me and the wife are heading out to the local boozer to meet our son and his new girlfriend for a wee bevvy or two and then I will come home and sup a bottle of wine or two.

BE HAPPY, ENJOY LIFE LIKE ME AND THE WIFE xD

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rmyugab0xtfqn1gkrv

I've always been cynical, sometimes bitter. 

But 'video entertainment' going from movies, to TV, to 30 second clips, and comedy going from a 1 hr special to a fucking still image has ruined me. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I've always been cynical, sometimes bitter. 

But 'video entertainment' going from movies, to TV, to 30 second clips, and comedy going from a 1 hr special to a fucking still image has ruined me. 

In the pub now buddy supping a pint, lovely jubbly :hh:

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

In the pub now buddy supping a pint, lovely jubbly :hh:

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Not for a few more weeks yet mate? 

Fixed xD

First pint in the boozer for ages and a meal compliments of our son.

IMG-20220507-WA0000.jpg

thumbnail_20220507_145615.jpg

Confusing post? 29? A decade? I joined when you were 11.

Anyway, kind of get the meme thing, the beauty of comedy (I saw Carl Barron on Friday night - who while not usually my go to, mixes it up for the kind of general population who love him (bogans) with some clever stuff), for me is the linking of ideas during a set, coming back to something prior, and of course the unexpected climax to a joke too. (Like when @DeadLinesman actually does cum). 

19 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm an old man of 29 years (good lord I've been using TFF/TF365 for a decade) and BACK IN MY DAY if you wanted to be funny, you actually had to be funny. My humor is a product of my early environment. I watched stand up comedy of the 90s and early 00s every week as a kid. Stand up back then was VERY different too. A lawless wasteland where the only rule was 'be funny, don't use the N word'. 
To be funny, you had to see what funny was, then reshape and re purpose those bits into your life. It made me have quick wit and provided scope for creating my own bits, or twisting my own tales enough to provide entertainment to my friends and random people at parties. 

These days sending someone a picture of some shit that is semi relatable, semi funny (sometimes anyway) apparently makes you funny? Why? because you found an amusing picture funny and shared it? Gangbusters. Every aspect of society seems to be sort of going soft at the edges to become approachable for everyone and low effort, and humor isn't an exception apparently. 

Sometimes I hate being old, and wish I was a young man again so I could change my future, but honestly, I don't think I want to see where society is at in 100 years. 

I hate memes too but I had my ‘I’m almost 30’ meltdown when I turned 28

I really fucking hate soymemes and wojacks. realky hate

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

I’m so fucking sick of seeing this fucking drake meme, it is like having why did the chicken cross the road told as wake up alarm

6fbqe5.jpg

it’s not a song though so idk how you’d use it as an alarm clock? It’s more of a riddle and not a very good one so I probably wouldn’t wake up.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

6fbqe5.jpg

it’s not a song though so idk how you’d use it as an alarm clock? It’s more of a riddle and not a very good one so I probably wouldn’t wake up.

fuck off

On 07/05/2022 at 06:02, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm an old man of 29 years

You think you are old at 29?? I was in my prime back then... If you think that's old you had better buckle up tight, it's going to be rough going for you once you hit 40.. 

On the memes bit.. Most are ok I don't have a problem with ones that are relevant to the topic at hand and some are very amusing especially as you can tailor them to suit your own ends these days Like the first one @Dr. Gonzo did earlier... The ones that seem pointless to me are the ones that repeat the same thing over and over with no point to them like this one.. 

Image result for it's wednesday my dudes

There are endless variations on the same subject and they only do them on a Wednesday which in hindsight we can be grateful for I suppose.. xD

Archived