talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 6-3 Man Utd - Sunday 2nd October, 2022

football forum

38 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

This may be a dumb question but does Haaland do a lot of he doesn't get a goal or an assist? Maybe as an all round player he isn't the best but when you score that many goals it doesn't matter. 

@Happy Blue Are man city playing very open this season so they can get the ball to him? They have conceded alot of goals but it doesn't matter if you score that many 

We have only conceded 9, 1 more than you lot. the problem is all the injury's we have with defenders going back to the end of last season, Laporte's first game today since last season, Walker, Dias, Stones out injured and missing Rodrigo and Phillips out too. defence will be fine when we get these players back, Ake and Akanji where brilliant yesterday, they wouldn't of scored 3 if them 2 had stayed on, Akanji looks like our best CB at the minute, what a steal he was

As for Haaland we are playing the same as always but putting alot more crosses into the box instead of trying to walk the ball into the net, we are playing to Haaland's strengths, such a joy to watch 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Just saw a sky sports that the next quickest player to score 3 hat tricks in the premier league was owen who took  48 O.o

Haaland is smashing all the records  ..he's still finding his feet yet too and adapting to Pep's style 😂

20 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think Cl or not, Kevin De Bruyne should be winning it over Haaland. 

Kev has been unreal so far, think it's 8 assists already, he just needed a clinical striker to finish off the chances he makes

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Kev has been unreal so far, think it's 8 assists already, he just needed a clinical striker to finish off the chances he makes

How many times has he assisted Haaland so far? 

• The topic was unpinned

City have the most enviable attack with two of the probably current top 5 players in the world and the players around them are easily all in the top 20-25 range.    The issue that City seem to have is when teams stop the onslaught and go the other way,  they do seem easy to score against and in Europe it takes another Real Madrid to knock them out because the margins are so small.   

If this is peps last season,  i would be concerned who will take over.   Pep is almost impossible to replace. 

4 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

If this is peps last season,  i would be concerned who will take over.   Pep is almost impossible to replace. 

Poch maybe? I think it will be even more damaging if Txiki leaves his sporting director role and goes back to Barcelona. He laid the foundation for Pep to be a success at City. 

That being said, if Pep does leave without a Champions League at City, I wonder how much it will damper his reputation. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

That being said, if Pep does leave without a Champions League at City, I wonder how much it will damper his reputation. 

He never won the CL at Bayern and that never hurt his reputation, if he retires without winning a CL with another club he will be remembered for the Barca team he inherited and gave them his style of play and bought it to Man City that made @Happy Blue cream his pants. 

Haaland is certainly a beast but I still think Aguero was the better player in that he could produce the unbelievable.   The Pellegrini era team was scarier,  they were impossible to breakdown with Kompany at the back, and with Yaya, Aguero, Silva they had players that could produce magic when it was needed.

Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

Haaland is certainly a beast but I still think Aguero was the better player in that he could produce the unbelievable.   The Pellegrini era team was scarier,  they were impossible to breakdown with Kompany at the back, and with Yaya, Aguero, Silva they had players that could produce magic when it was needed.

City 17/18 the best of the lot for me. 

• Subscriber

Pep's worst enemy is himself. He shoots himself in the foot whenever he gets to the end of the line and although one would think someone like Haaland can be a differentiator for goals it's really that midfield where he loses the big games. They have a genuine shot at the CL this year, but I still feel he'll fall short. 

On 03/10/2022 at 01:44, Spike said:

What is he supposed to do? Even if he isn‘t scoring, I suppose he is occupying the defence as his movement and positioning is unreal, it is harder to mark a player like Foden when Haland is a threat. He’d probably be great at defensive corners given his athleticism. 

Well I just googled his Norway record and he has 21 in 23 games 😂 I was gonna ask can he create chances for himself but I guess that answers the question. I suppose you ask what he does of the ball and how much he increases his chances of his team winning if he doesn't score or assist?

Archived