talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bethesda releasing a new update for fallout 4 now is opportunistic.   it will break a lot of old but established mods so i doubt anyone will get it.

fallout 4 modding today is mostly immersive animation overhauls like chem usage animation, better medical animations and the three big ones are, side aim framework allowing adoption of cantered sights.   real time penetration framework allows projectiles to penetrate surfaces and the tactical reload framework.

my fallout 4 is basically metro exodus, escape from tarkov, stalker and COD MW with fallout gratuitous violence.

• 2 weeks later...

I just googled an early game standard enemy in God of War Ragnarok, completely  unrelated to the story of the game, something annoying I wanted to see if other had issues with it. Google returns results for me that have late game story spoilers. I am fucking furious 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Spike said:

I just googled an early game standard enemy in God of War Ragnarok, completely  unrelated to the story of the game, something annoying I wanted to see if other had issues with it. Google returns results for me that have late game story spoilers. I am fucking furious 

This is one of the safest places on the internet if you're playing Ragnarok. No spoilers and you can browse freely. I do feel your pain, I almost ruined it for myself and then I said i'll finish it (almost done) and then I can browse.

17 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

This is one of the safest places on the internet if you're playing Ragnarok. No spoilers and you can browse freely. I do feel your pain, I almost ruined it for myself and then I said i'll finish it (almost done) and then I can browse.

Ragnarok is painful in some regards.  A bloede young adult romantic comedy. Aaaaah this isn’t god of war

• Upvote 1

I’m not gonna lie, the more I play the new GoW series the less I like it, especially Ragnarok. Too much talking, too many jokes and quips, it tries to be a more ‘mature’ story but it presents itself much more immaturely. I don’t like the faux-openworld so much, the lake was cool in the fourth but this one feels kinda tacked on. It is very on rails as well, everything kinds funnels the player in one direction, like a minecart. The combat boils down to how to cheese an encounter, because the game offers no crowd control techniques, or any sort of strategy besides kiting. You know it reminds me of  a Disney movie or a Marvel.

It’s hard to believe this is even related to the original trilogy.

Edited by Spike
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 16/11/2022 at 08:21, Spike said:

I’m not gonna lie, the more I play the new GoW series the less I like it, especially Ragnarok. Too much talking, too many jokes and quips, it tries to be a more ‘mature’ story but it presents itself much more immaturely. I don’t like the faux-openworld so much, the lake was cool in the fourth but this one feels kinda tacked on. It is very on rails as well, everything kinds funnels the player in one direction, like a minecart. The combat boils down to how to cheese an encounter, because the game offers no crowd control techniques, or any sort of strategy besides kiting. You know it reminds me of  a Disney movie or a Marvel.

It’s hard to believe this is even related to the original trilogy.

Technically the only link to the original is just the start of the first one of this series. I do agree that its a bit forced and how this is GOTY is a little beyond me but it does have its moments.

11 hours ago, Panflute said:

Started healing a high-end pvp group in Elder Scrolls Online. Really fun.

For some reason, I thought that shit down ages ago. No idea why.

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

I was gifted a key for Green Hell by the developers on the condition I played it on my Twitch stream and I've been enjoying that lately.

Nice. Haven't heard of it before but hope you enjoy 

For me, it's basically FM23 on my mobile when I get some free time between work, uni assignments and a house move.

• 2 weeks later...

got all the DLCs for fallout 4 and now using game changing mods that have made the experience so much better.

when Bethesda roll out the new update it will break older mods but there are still a ton of new current mods that have turned fallout 4 into a modern shoot with full on immersion packs.

my top current mods:

cVc dead wastelands adds 1400 work bench assets themed to a post apocalyptic world for better immersion.

immersive overhauls adds eating, drinking and other new first and third person animations

chems and radaway redone adds medical animations, pairs well with agony.

caliber complex overhauls ammo and chamberings has a lot of patch support.

immersive limb damage paired with live dismemberment shooting limbs is now realistic, disable an arm and the enemy drops their weapon, hit them with a 50 cal or 40mm grenade and watch a deathclaws leg get blown off.

wasteland imports adds fallout 3 and New Vegas items to fallout 4, sunset sarsparilla machines, and collectable caps, nuka quartz, orange and grape.  as well as other items, food etc.   the caravans surely travelled across America as the lore suggests it has happened.

extended crafting overhaul, takes workshop extended, armorsmith extended and armor weapons key words combined them into one universal craftbench....alternatively if you use the other mods then compact workbenches or cVc give nice immersive workbenches.

bullet counted reloads, tactical reloads, side aim framework and real time penetration are all must have weapon mods that turns fallout 4 into bad company 2 having a baby with tarkov while cheating on modern warfare 2 and battlefield.  

right handed receivers and animations because Bethesda.

weapon smoke

If you are bored and want a challenge, revived legendaries and unique enemies it adds bigger versions of legendaries with unique names and insane heath pools.  killing them gives you insane borderlands style loot, the invincible swan and his 70k health pool

west tek advanced optics for enhanced vision mods, the schematics are in med tek facility

workshop power, lovely mod that adds new power boxes and generators and a massive transformer box to replace the crap.   if you have cVc this will break immersion.  the schematics are near west everitt estates 

lootable cars, vertabirds and crates

looted word reduces free standing mood significantly.  why would there be so much food in the super duper mart or any shop, why would a chemist have endless healing meds and why will materials be laying around some 200 years later?   this makes bartering more useful and caps.

food and drinks don't heal, because duh, you also have to cook food so no more mutfruit cheating the game.

survival settings or advanced needs fallout 76 tweaks game play to make survival a challenge very lite version of horizon.

wasteland meds adds new healing items so stimpacks are not the only thing.  stop that bleeding works with this mod well as bandages and painkillers stop hurt, merits heal limbs and stop breeders while painkillers, antibiotics and sleep meds help certain effects but can turn you into a junkie.

immersive hunting overhaul, it is a bit of a chore but the immersion is great. 

weapon mods:

nz-41 a new Zealand styled Lee Enfield from ww2 works with a host of new features and very law friendly

RPD full with belt drum animations to make you jizz

streetsweeper a unique drum cylinder shotgun that makes Jessica alba nude seem immaterial

Chinese assault rifle, built to murder fallout 3 style

BAR, the krautstomper 

G3/R91/FAL for lore friendly goodies

ak complex for all kinds of commie magic

hunting revolvers, brings vegas back baby

fallout nv AMR because it just works

hand made A MR, very cool mod for a crude design in pipe weapon style

pipe shotguns redux

rem92 lever action shotgun

post apocalyptic pipe weapons overhaul or nina's pipe weapon redone changes the stupidity of Bethesda, I use post apocalyptic stand alone laser musket replacer which adds a beautiful lore friendly design to the musket works with right handed receivers.  nina's overhauls all the ugly pipe weapons and gives them more pipe and less wood, they look more functional and not made by a 3 year old autistic kid.

holorifle and China lake because Vegas

12.7mm smg and vault tek security smg

murdering chainsaw

user interface

Fallui because its 2022 baby and we need a new UI that is trendy and like a new game.  comes loaded with all kinds of UI presets want a new Vegas hud fused with 76....bang want a stalker minimalist style ui, bang done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I haven't. Heard it was ok from what I remember when it was released. How much on Steam?

Got it for 20€ as it's 50% off... Only played it for like an hour last night, but I'm truly hooked. Looks like it will be a great and complex story. In fact, it actually feels more like an interactive story/cinematic experience rather than a game, so it might be not for everybody. It helps that I am very interested in the subject matter in general, too. What I really like about it is that when you finish a chapter, you are shown a flowchart which reveals all the possible endings based on all possible specific decisions, so you get the feeling that your choices actually do matter...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Got it for 20€ as it's 50% off... Only played it for like an hour last night, but I'm truly hooked. Looks like it will be a great and complex story. In fact, it actually feels more like an interactive story/cinematic experience rather than a game, so it might be not for everybody. It helps that I am very interested in the subject matter in general, too. What I really like about it is that when you finish a chapter, you are shown a flowchart which reveals all the possible endings based on all possible specific decisions, so you get the feeling that your choices actually do matter...

That's interesting. There's a few games like that but you have no idea how it gets there until the end. I liked Until Dawn and managed to save five of the eight (annoyingly, I couldn't kill off the one I hated), but don't remember if there's a path that saves all of them.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

That's interesting. There's a few games like that but you have no idea how it gets there until the end. I liked Until Dawn and managed to save five of the eight (annoyingly, I couldn't kill off the one I hated), but don't remember if there's a path that saves all of them.

Yeah it looks like this:

detroit-hostage-100.jpg

So basically highlighting the choices you made, and also showing the choices that would have led to all other potential outcomes. 

I never played Until Dawn... Then I googled it and realised it's because it's horror 😅

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Nah, it's scary! xD

Fair enough. xD

Some are not too bad. For example, I would class The Last of Us more as survival horror with tension rather than being outright scary.

Of course, Alien Isolation would fall more under scary due to its atmosphere and, from what I heard, the Alien AI itself being very good when it becomes cat and mouse. I still need to finish that.