• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-2 Brentford - Saturday 12th November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Rick said:

Brilliant from Brentford. Shame that Toney couldn’t get the third. Shame he isn’t on that plane, should be in there over that rat Sterling. 

Toney should be there but I can’t stress enough how terrible an opinion it is to not want Sterling there. One of our best performers in the last two tournaments, first name on the sheet behind Kane.

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Toney should be there but I can’t stress enough how terrible an opinion it is to not want Sterling there. One of our best performers in the last two tournaments, first name on the sheet behind Kane.

I would take players in form personally. Sterling has been awful this season, and was crap last season as well. He would not be in my first 11 over the likes of Saka & Foden, not a chance. 

24 minutes ago, Rick said:

I would take players in form personally. Sterling has been awful this season, and was crap last season as well. He would not be in my first 11 over the likes of Saka & Foden, not a chance. 

You take mostly form with a mix of consistent performers. Everyone said this about Sterling last tournament and he was one of our best players.

Hes just a popular player to hate 

1 hour ago, Danny said:

You take mostly form with a mix of consistent performers. Everyone said this about Sterling last tournament and he was one of our best players.

Hes just a popular player to hate 

You’d start Sterling over Foden? Don’t dismiss my opinion as me just being a ‘hater’ either. I’ve given my reason to why I wouldn’t take him. His form is terrible, and just like Maguire, I couldn’t give a toss if he had a decent tournament 18 months back. His form last season and this season is awful, and he doesn’t deserve a call up. 

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Rick said:

You’d start Sterling over Foden? Don’t dismiss my opinion as me just being a ‘hater’ either. I’ve given my reason to why I wouldn’t take him. His form is terrible, and just like Maguire, I couldn’t give a toss if he had a decent tournament 18 months back. His form last season and this season is awful, and he doesn’t deserve a call up. 

I'd take Sterling but wouldn't have him over Foden.

Sterling has consistently played well for England. Just seems to fit in the system. Club form probably means he doesn't start, but he's definitely a good option to have.

I'd also take Barnes as well if club form is taken into account!

34 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Brentford could have had more than 2 based on the replay I just watched. Good result for them. 

They could of hammered us if it wasn't for Ederson pulling off a few good saves. we have been shit since Haaland got injured and today they forgot how to pass to him

56 minutes ago, Rick said:

He has been arguably our best player alongside Kane for the last two tournaments, he scored 17 goals last season for City even though Pep has reduced his game time ever since he decided that he wanted to leave. You can’t seriously compare him to Maguire and not have agenda against him, that’s a mental comparison.

England need Sterling.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived