talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Son

Ah sorry threw me with the wording thought you meant an English player. And yeah for sure. Best partnership statistically in premier league history by a distance now 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

would Simeone not be someone spurs would be interested in?

Absolutely not. As far down the list as possible. Three managers in a row playing negative football. That’s not what Spurs is about 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

The alternative question is also 'would Simeone be interested in Spurs?' 

I don't think he would...

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Stan said:

The alternative question is also 'would Simeone be interested in Spurs?' 

I don't think he would...

Maybe, maybe not. Think people underestimate what an attractive job spurs is though. Even with all these current issues, all the infrastructure is in place. You get extremely well compensated for it. It’s fairly low pressure in that you succeed and you look incredible and you don’t succeed and you can just blame the existing structures and problems. Win win. 

• Subscriber

being hard to beat is not negative, right now Spursy could use some steel.

Yes it is. It’s so negative. And very unnecessary. You can be hard to beat and good defensively and still be a great attacking force. At the height of Pochettino that’s what’s what we were. Fewest goals conceded and most goals scored in a season 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Storts said:

Ah sorry threw me with the wording thought you meant an English player. And yeah for sure. Best partnership statistically in premier league history by a distance now 

Even better than Yorke + Cole?

6 hours ago, Storts said:

Absolutely not. As far down the list as possible. Three managers in a row playing negative football. That’s not what Spurs is about 

I hope Simeone never manages in England, tbh. His brand of football is absolute football terrorism, he makes Mourinho, Conte, and Rafa look like attacking football masterminds.

Keep that shit in La Liga please.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

@Storts Rodgers is waiting to save you... 

Tbh... give him 2 seasons and have another manager lined up to take over after those 2 seasons are up and it's not a bad shout. The guy is decent at starting a project and beginning a rebuild... he's just shit when it comes to the next steps of a rebuild and loses the plot entirely.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope Simeone never manages in England, tbh. His brand of football is absolute football terrorism, he makes Mourinho, Conte, and Rafa look like attacking football masterminds.

Keep that shit in La Liga please.

I would say prime Allardyce was football terrorism

10 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I would say prime Allardyce was football terrorism

Prime Allardyce imo got a bad rap - Bolton was definitely his prime and there were times where his Bolton didn't just play the turgid shite they were famous for and actually produced some nice passing football in that Jay-Jay Okocha era.

Prime Simeone at Atletico is, without a doubt, the biggest example of football terrorism I've seen in my whole life. The amount of money put into those squads playing the ugliest football I've seen in my entire life... the guy's obviously enjoyed success with his methods. But his brand of football is awful to watch & imo his sides are what Didier Drogba would call "a fucking disgrace." The football equivalent of ISIS execution videos.

Whenever I see Mourinho compared with him, I feel bad for Mourinho... and I fucking hate Mourinho xD

10 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

They surely have learned their lesson on hardline defensive managers now. Mourinho, Conte and now you want to kill them off completely with Simeone!!!!

Spurs need a progressive attack minded manager, they've always been a good football playing side. These last two managers are complete anti football coaches, let's no punish them any more than they already have been.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Devil said:

They surely have learned their lesson on hardline defensive managers now. Mourinho, Conte and now you want to kill them off completely with Simeone!!!!

Spurs need a progressive attack minded manager, they've always been a good football playing side. These last two managers are complete anti football coaches, let's no punish them any more than they already have been.

100% spot on 

spurs are at that stage in their cycle where they need to rebuild and they need to find a coach that will be prepared for that slog.  Dr Zerbi has a buyout but he told spurs to get fucked.   

sometimes you have to be harsh to be kind and frankly it shouldn't be about what spurs fans want bit what is needed to get spurs back to a top level and for thaþ they need a new recruitment team and a manager who can grow with the team organically.  Is nagelsman that? being sacked by Bayern is not a good look

Bayern were a bit mad for sacking Nagelsman. There wasn’t much justification for it. He comes out of that sacking unscathed for me. He shouldn’t take the Spurs job though, not unless he gets a lot of guarantees over spending and direction. 

17 minutes ago, Rick said:

Bayern were a bit mad for sacking Nagelsman. There wasn’t much justification for it. He comes out of that sacking unscathed for me. He shouldn’t take the Spurs job though, not unless he gets a lot of guarantees over spending and direction. 

Bayern were not going great guns, that can be expected going from Lewendowsi to a stoke reject.  They did sign Mane though so it's not like they are weak

Bayern were not going great guns, that can be expected going from Lewendowsi to a stoke reject.  They did sign Mane though so it's not like they are weak

They were even on points at the top of the league and won every game in the champions league up until that point. Like you said, they lost Lewandowski and had to figure out how to replace his influence. They were hardly falling though. 

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

spurs are at that stage in their cycle where they need to rebuild and they need to find a coach that will be prepared for that slog.  Dr Zerbi has a buyout but he told spurs to get fucked.   

sometimes you have to be harsh to be kind and frankly it shouldn't be about what spurs fans want bit what is needed to get spurs back to a top level and for thaþ they need a new recruitment team and a manager who can grow with the team organically.  Is nagelsman that? being sacked by Bayern is not a good look

No he didn’t. Why do you just make things up. De Zerbi too much of a loose cannon for us. Any chance he had of getting the job was ruined by his antics when we played them a few weeks ago 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Storts said:

No he didn’t. Why do you just make things up. De Zerbi too much of a loose cannon for us. Any chance he had of getting the job was ruined by his antics when we played them a few weeks ago 

There's never a legit source whenever he speculates with stuff like this.