talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
On 08/07/2023 at 16:03, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tottenham raising ticket prices 20%

Absolutely mental, they’ve already got some of the most expensive tickets in the country. Pretty ridiculous to do this when 1) there’s a cost of living crisis, 2) the side has struggled on the pitch for years.

We have the most expensive tickets in Europe already. It’s a disgrace. No reason for it whatsoever other than greed. A PR disaster once again 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Storts said:

We have the most expensive tickets in Europe already. It’s a disgrace. No reason for it whatsoever other than greed. A PR disaster once again 

What is the official bullshit they are feeding the fans? A £7 pint to go with £5 beans on toast, it is just normal inflation…

• Administrator

It's often forgotten that there are people behind the footballer. It's a good watch, albeit an emotional one. Very brave for him to publicise what he went through. 

I doubt it will, but I hope it makes people think again before hurling abuse non-stop at players. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
18 hours ago, Danny said:

@Storts how long is Bentancur out for? Him, Maddison and Bissouma looks like it might be sexual.

Reckon you’ll sign a #1 or persist with the panic buy?

I think another couple of months. I reckon late October at the earliest. But I'm very excited for that midfield. Got a bit of everything. Bissouma going to be a big player for us this year.

To be fair he wasn't a panic buy. Paratici wanted him last January. He was high on the list for us. We're also taking a date driven approach Ala you and Brighton now, and the data said Vicario. I don't think he was bad at the weekend as some made out, although I'm certainly not convinced yet. It was his debut though and clearly some nerves there. He will definitely get the season though 

3 hours ago, Storts said:

I think another couple of months. I reckon late October at the earliest. But I'm very excited for that midfield. Got a bit of everything. Bissouma going to be a big player for us this year.

To be fair he wasn't a panic buy. Paratici wanted him last January. He was high on the list for us. We're also taking a date driven approach Ala you and Brighton now, and the data said Vicario. I don't think he was bad at the weekend as some made out, although I'm certainly not convinced yet. It was his debut though and clearly some nerves there. He will definitely get the season though 

Yeah Bissouma looked so good, completely refreshed.

In fairness half on the windup with Vicario, wasn’t that bad but he does seem like a potential liability waiting to happen. Would not fill me with confidence looking at him lol.

Data approach is interesting, it’s so easy to get wrong and I wouldn’t think of it as a “like Brighton and Brentford” either. Both owners made their money in gambling by predicting outcomes better than the bookies, that in itself provides a different outlook in the game compared to someone that might come from a general perspective. On top of that all of our information is created in house and kept in house, no one will have the data that we or Brighton have because it’s specifically created by the owners and the companies they’ve created. Whereas if you are using shared data then you are competing with other clubs in the league which reduces the advantage that data can give you. On top of that you need the perspective to be top down, what Levy might hold dear isn’t necessarily what the person in charge of your analytical approach will. Everyone has to be on board at all times, completely shared fundamentals.

Got any info on the change? Would be interesting to read about and see what you’re doing different.

On 13/07/2023 at 06:25, OrangeKhrush said:

besiktas may disagree, they got a chump who can't play football.

One's a player that suffered from mental issues that derailed his career, the other's a guy who managed to convince Souness and a football club that he was actually a football player. Delli Ali actually had some good moments on a football pitch, Ali Dia was literally just a fraud.

• Subscriber
On 20/08/2023 at 19:42, Stan said:

@Storts apparently Maddison left the game yesterday on crutches/in a protective boot. Serious injury?

Unsure yet, had a scan today. I don’t think anything too seriously but may be a couple of weeks 

• 2 weeks later...

After the match against Peru, Richarlison told the press he is going to seek psychological help when he returns to England.

Hopefully he can get it together. His case reminds me of Harry Maguire, once you become the target of banter in social media, it can be really tough to perform. 

At the same time, I don't think his lack of performance is only due mental reasons. Everton fans probably know better, but it seems to me that Richarlison's best position is as a winger who works his socks off without the ball and produces a decent ammount of chances. I don't really think he finishes well enough to be a striker.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

After the match against Peru, Richarlison told the press he is going to seek psychological help when he returns to England.

Hopefully he can get it together. His case reminds me of Harry Maguire, once you become the target of banter in social media, it can be really tough to perform. 

At the same time, I don't think his lack of performance is only due mental reasons. Everton fans probably know better, but it seems to me that Richarlison's best position is as a winger who works his socks off without the ball and produces a decent ammount of chances. I don't really think he finishes well enough to be a striker.

Just read about this on BBC, sounds like he's been done over financially by his agent. 

As much as I give him stick for how badly he's done, I do always have to take a bit of a step back in it when there are genuine mental health reasons that have affected someone in their performance. I hope for his sake he can recover and seek the help he needs, and it's good he's open about it and hopefully has sought the right advice to help move on from this period.