talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 20 Fixtures - 14-15th January, 2023

football forum

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I think I might start selling a range of caps with cameras on so people can capture every waking moment of their lives, and not like those ones the cyclists wear, mine would be subtle and stylish... never miss out on one of them wild crazy moments again!! I would also sell an app that allows you load it straight to YouTube with no fuss.. Dad trips over the wheelbarrow in the garden. Got it! someone gets caught in a headlock, No problem!! 

Also the bonus would be that fans would not need to keep holding their phones up in front of them while watching the game live anymore.. they could just stand there with their arms folded laughing at everyone else fumbling around for those once in a lifetime moments.. 

Jeremy Beadle is that you :ph34r:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another game. Another defeat. This time against the worst Chelsea team we have ever played.

Its the same old problems that you're bored of me mentioning. The squad is too thin. We don't have game changing substitutes. The standards drop in the second half, we conceaded another sloppy error from a corner and there is a lack of cutting edge upfront. 

Patrick Vieira is feeling the pressure now. That may seem harsh because the board haven't backed him but he's not getting the best out of these players. His persistance with playing this formation is weird. Wilfried Zaha playing with his back to goal again when you've got Jordan Ayew on the pitch. None of the front four were suited to the roles they were asked to play again. Lewis Hall was there for the taking today and we had Michael Olise and Wilfried Zaha on the pitch.

When I say this system is not working, its really not working. 8 games in 18 without a goal is not good enough for the players we have. We haven't scored a goal in open play since West Ham which was about six games ago. What Edouard has got to do to start in this team I don't know.

The relationship with Patrick Vieira and the board now feels fractured too which is worrying. He had seemed snappy in his press conferances since Newcastle knocked us out the Carabao Cup. He's giving one word answers and saying "Ask Steve Parish" when it comes to questions on transfers which is never a good sign.

The love affair with Conor Gallagher and Crystal Palace fans is over after the way he behaved today which may be a good thing. Some Crystal Palace fans talk about him being irreplaceable which he isn't. To not even bring anybody in to play his role is really disappointing.

I said after the Fulham game I was concerned about next season without investment but now i find myself concerned about this season and I'm not too sure how this will play out. It looks like we will be in a relegation battle this season. Looking at our horrendous fixture run I don't see where the next win is coming from. Wolves are spending money, Forest are spending money. We are going backwards and there doesn't seem to be any desire by the owners to improve the squad. We're taking far too many risks.

I think I said it the other week but Steve Parish's biggest coup this summer would be to get somebody to buy out Harris' and Blitzer's shares in the club. The only movement we have seen from them since 2016 is putting a consortium together to buy Chelsea. They clearly have no interest in the club and whilst they're here we have already hit our ceiling. We had a brilliant opportunity this season to push on and become a top half club and that's now been wasted.

@The Palace Fan not to go over ild ground too much but I remember when we played you at the beginning of the season and the thing that stuck out the most was that outside of Zaha’s wonder goal you never really had a decent chance on goal.

It looks like youve signed 1 player to go straight into the first team, thats nowhere near enough to maintain old standards and build new ones at the same time

• Administrator
10 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Liars.

Backfired immensely. Sheer stupidity thinking they could even get away with it. The absolute nerve of it all is staggering. If anything, they've made themselves even more of a security threat with this whole stunt they've tried to pull. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Just waiting on Oliver Holt and all the other journalists favoured enough by Kenwright and the board to have the 'story' leaked to them to admit fault as well following the Merseyside police statement.

Ole Holt is to busy preoccupying his existence covering Newcastle,  we live rent free in his head. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived