Other PL Round 20 Fixtures - 14-15th January, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

all kick-offs 15.00 (GMT) unless stated

Saturday 14th January, 2023
1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p Brighton vs Liverpool 155.png

everton.PNG Everton vs Southampton 1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png

1200px-Nottingham_Forest_logo.svg.png Nottm Forest vs Leicester image.png

1200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png Wolves vs West Ham 1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png

Sunday 15th January, 2023
1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png Chelsea vs Crystal Palace 1200px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo_(2022).svg, 14.00

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah he might, but that means Ox on the left... and I think I'd rather have Gakpo on the left than him.

Firmino still out too? 

• Subscriber

First trip to Goodison since before Covid for me. Might be the last as well because the way the club is going, I'm not likely to go out of my way to get over there again before the end of next season. Obviously depends if the rest of the family agree but I'd like to be there for the team bus welcome and take part in the sit-in after the game.

As for the game, against the bottom club at home we should be looking at imposing ourselves and winning the game, but I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Southampton rocked up and turned us over.

We are totally dysfunctional as a club at every level. Farhad Moshiri's comments via his open letter and Talksport interview that he's got faith in the competent and experienced professionals operating at every level of the football club over the past few days show that he's still totally out of touch and that despite any organisation and protests on the fans' part, we're effectively passengers until he sells up and god knows when that will be.

In the meantime, I will no longer be referring to the football club as "we" or "us" anymore because it has been totally taken away from the fans as the owner and board stumble from one calamitous decision to the next. And I'm going to do my best not to let them affect my mood as much as I have throughout most of my life. Enjoy the very rare good times, hopefully a win tomorrow, and try not to let the otherwise constant stream of disappointment and hopelessness touch the sides.

Sad but it's the only way to approach supporting this football club anymore.

5 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Liverpool at the Amex is a bit of a banana skin here, they were however rubbish against arsenal so you never know

I can’t see us getting anything out of this one unless Brighton manage to shit themselves and/or they sign Faes

32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can’t see us getting anything out of this one unless Brighton manage to shit themselves and/or they sign Faes

I hate playing at the Amex,  especially mid day games in the bright sun that blinds the players.   Brighton play such easy on the eye football and on their day they can beat anyone.   That said they had a chance to make a statement against Arsenal and they completely shat the bed.   I think Liverpool will sneak it. 

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I hate playing at the Amex,  especially mid day games in the bright sun that blinds the players.   Brighton play such easy on the eye football and on their day they can beat anyone.   That said they had a chance to make a statement against Arsenal and they completely shat the bed.   I think Liverpool will sneak it. 

I doubt we sneak it, our midfield has been so rubbish all season - I can't see them doing anything other than struggling against Brighton's midfield.

• Administrator

Everton board told to stay away from the game at Goodison today on 'security and safety' grounds...

Everton’s Board of Directors have been instructed not to attend today’s Premier League fixture against Southampton because of a “real and credible threat to their safety and security".

Chairman Bill Kenwright, CEO Denise Barrett-Baxendale, Chief Finance & Strategy Officer Grant Ingles and Non-Executive Director Graeme Sharp have reluctantly accepted the outcome of the safety assessment carried out by security advisors.

The Board members received the instruction following malicious and unacceptably threatening correspondence received by the Club and increasing incidents of anti-social behaviour – including targeted physical aggression - at recent home matches.

A Security & Safety Advisor said: “Following a thorough risk assessment, and in response to tangible threats received by the Club and intelligence we have gathered, the Club’s Board members have been told they must not attend today’s fixture.”

A Club spokesperson added: “This is an unprecedented decision for Everton Football Club – never before has our entire Board of Directors been ordered not to attend a match on safety grounds. It is a profoundly sad day for Everton and Evertonians.”

Everton chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale was 'put in a headlock' as she left the Goodison Park directors' box, club sources claim.

Another incident reportedly saw her car surrounded and spat at, while chairman Bill Kenwright is said to have received death threats. This is understood to be part of the backdrop to the safety advice warning the pair, and the rest of the club board, not to attend the club's crucial tie with Southampton on Saturday.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/denise-barrett-baxendale-everton-breaking-25978095#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Everton chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale was 'put in a headlock' as she left the Goodison Park directors' box, club sources claim.

wtf 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived