football forum

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nice!

And you have Zanka wtf. 

imago0046662606h-scaled-e1593602793561.j

He played for Fortuna a few years ago. But only for 6 months. I was just wondering why that guy looked so familiar. xD

Free transfer last season and then again this season. His age and injury issues make him difficult for teams to commit to but hes able to cover for us generally when we need him to. Really solid too. And obviously hes Danish

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Free transfer last season and then again this season. His age and injury issues make him difficult for teams to commit to but hes able to cover for us generally when we need him to. Really solid too. And obviously hes Danish

Yea, I have good memories of him as well. I think we would have bought him, but we got relegated that season, so we had no chance. :/ 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Who would you want as his replacement?

I was very against Dyche a while back but I'd even get him in, even if it was short term. 

Genuinely, anyone with a decent reputation and can actually organise and motivate a team. 

Rodgers, Potter, Moyes and Lampard.

All could go within the next few weeks. 

Could work out well for Potter, I'd imagine all three clubs would have an interest in him managing them.

I feel sorry for him, personally want him to get out as I feel he's better than what he's having to put up with.

• Subscriber

We're going. No doubt about it. The biggest difference with us to the others is that the others will act. We have a delusional owner totally cucked to this manager (despite how much the manager embarrasses him publicly) and that'll be our downfall. The likes of Everton are probably worse than us but I suspect they will acknowledge, and act sooner than we will, and that will be our undoing.

I'm bored of repeating myself and I think you're all bored of me repeating it but our squander really is spectacular. It's on a par with this government.

Can't be arsed going in depth, I feel the same as @Dansounds. Same shit, different day. We are 100% gone, the club is just way too toxic to recover from. I'd actually take relegation if it means we get our club back.

The only positive was that the protests are taking good shape, lots of people staying behind and making plenty of noise. Not that our board would know as they boycotted the game, opening war with their own fans by pinning the blame onto us and spreading what at this point has proved to be nothing but malicious lies.

Horrible, selfish parasites. 

If Chelsea lose at Anfield & Villa win at Southampton. Villa could be 10th.

My instinctive reaction to Potter going to Chelsea was it had Moyes to Man United all over it. He could well be available soon.

I don't believe Chelsea are where they are because the players miss Roman. Or because the players aren't good enough. Or the club haven't spent enough. They may miss Tuchel, who they likely looked up to, or considered to be on their level.

33 minutes ago, Devil said:

Could work out well for Potter, I'd imagine all three clubs would have an interest in him managing them.

I feel sorry for him, personally want him to get out as I feel he's better than what he's having to put up with.

You would think Tuchel would be in demand.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Dan said:

We're going. No doubt about it. The biggest difference with us to the others is that the others will act. We have a delusional owner totally cucked to this manager (despite how much the manager embarrasses him publicly) and that'll be our downfall. The likes of Everton are probably worse than us but I suspect they will acknowledge, and act sooner than we will, and that will be our undoing.

I'm bored of repeating myself and I think you're all bored of me repeating it but our squander really is spectacular. It's on a par with this government.

This is the thing for me. I have more faith in the owners than I do have in our manager, but that is on a knife edge which depends on who they hire if/when they boot Rodgers out. 

Compared to the good times we had from title win to FA Cup win, its a depressingly worrying state we find ourselves in. 

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Devil said:

I'd take Potter. But I think we'd just end up losing out to Everton or West Ham to his signature. 

Obviously that depends on several other things other than availability - such as finances, philosophy of club, ambition, future plans etc - but I'd love us to act sooner rather than later, even if it wasn't to be Potter. 

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd take Potter. But I think we'd just end up losing out to Everton or West Ham to his signature. 

Obviously that depends on several other things other than availability - such as finances, philosophy of club, ambition, future plans etc - but I'd love us to act sooner rather than later, even if it wasn't to be Potter. 

Potter would be perfect for any of the three. I think all three clubs fans can see what he did at Brighton and they will give him time.

He needs out of Chelsea, he's got a squad of mercenaries and they are adding more by the day. 

I have a feeling Potter won't get fired for now.  Part of the reason Tuchel got fired was he didn't buy into the new ownership's plans.  Potter seems content to let the new owners buy whoever they want, I am sure he's not scouted or asked for all these players they are buying or being linked to.  Potter's  just the office manager running day to day operations,  he's letting head office determine the direction the company is headed

• Subscriber

The worst thing with us is that I think we showed against Wolves and Southampton that we've got a tiny bit more quality than them and therefore should be in the 14th-16th region rather than relegated, but when you watch Everton play it's like watching a team that's addicted to losing football matches. We were no great shakes today as usual but we took the lead, controlled the first half and should really have gone on to bag another in the second half and won 2-0. Instead we came out for the second half half-asleep, conceded a soft equaliser and gave Southampton the confidence to go on and win the game.

Apart from the run at the end of last season where we managed to shithouse enough 1-0 wins from relatively even games to stay up, this has been the case with us for years. Most teams in even games will win, lose, draw roughly an even split of close football matches. We manage to lose about 75% of games that "could go either way" and when your recruitment and management has been poor enough to leave you with the 16thish best squad in the league, you can't afford to lose such a huge proportion of even-ish games.

Ancelotti was the only manager we've had with the ability to win a disproportionate number of these games and him carrying us to 10th or so was a blip in the steady decline of the club. Dyche is the only manager I can think of who can get our "not quite bottom three" squad performing to scrape 16th or 17th who also isn't far too good to turn their nose up at how difficult the job is and what they have to deal with behind the scenes. Grim, grim times.

To be honest with Everton, when a woman is surrounded in her car and it is spat on, when she is put in a headlock at a game, it's integral that crowd leaders and influencers are making sound public noises to pack it in and diffuse a bit. Don't know if that is or isn't happening as I'm not interested in checking, but what I come across by chance suggests not.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived