talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 3-1 Aston Villa - Sunday 11th February, 2023

football forums

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Man City 3-1 Aston Villa - Sunday 11th February, 2023
  • Subscriber

City should and will be happy with that result. The ability to take off Haaland at half-time, injury or not, was a good move in the end to help keep him ready for the big game mid-week. In the end that little defensive lapse isn't bad considering the score-line but you can't give a better team those kinds of chances.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Duran hit the bar for Villa toward the end. The 19 year old Columbian from Chicago Fire..

Already looks to be a handful. Good find. 

I see the Vaginal discharge that is Jack has finally pissed off the sycophantic element of our fan base that believe he actually gave a shit in the first place with his dive, almost worth conceding the goal to nip that nauseating clamour for him to “one day come home” in the bud. Glad it’s stopped now tedious individual that is thick as twigs, will be 38 skint and in love island and say something none PC, then he will disappear into obscurity 

6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I see the Vaginal discharge that is Jack has finally pissed off the sycophantic element of our fan base that believe he actually gave a shit in the first place with his dive, almost worth conceding the goal to nip that nauseating clamour for him to “one day come home” in the bud. Glad it’s stopped now tedious individual that is thick as twigs, will be 38 skint and in love island and say something none of them he will disappear into obscurity 

I already found it a bit weird some were getting all excited at the thought of getting him back 1 day. Like we have no realistic ambition to get back to where we have been. The whole mindset thing is a part of the fight Unai Emery needs to contend with.

The thought did cross my mind that perhaps he could have honoured us a little bit by not diving. Some don't celebrate against old clubs. And Villa is supposed to be the 1 he grew up supporting.

35 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I already found it a bit weird some were getting all excited at the thought of getting him back 1 day. Like we have no realistic ambition to get back to where we have been. The whole mindset thing is a part of the fight Unai Emery needs to contend with.

The thought did cross my mind that perhaps he could have honoured us a little bit by not diving. Some don't celebrate against old clubs. And Villa is supposed to be the 1 he grew up supporting.

We’ve been mentally weak for 20+ years mate, will take more than 2-3 windows I reckon. 

on Jack he never cared, was all PR his family are no different, good riddance 100m was good return really

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

Eh? 

12 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Maybe he thinks Pep had a bet on Haaland not scoring?

I know Villa aren't exactly all that, and they had a 2-0 lead. But Haaland is poised to break pretty much all prem goal scoring records. He's on the pitch, he's the money striker, and the best penalty taker in the team. There is no justification for him not taking the penalty. Imagine if Ronaldo let Benzema take one in 2012. Wouldn't happen. I don't think pep had a bet on it or anything, but I can imagine haaland to score was a huge market, and I just wonder if there is anything underlying this absolute head wobbling decision. 

No I didn't have anything on it personally. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I know Villa aren't exactly all that, and they had a 2-0 lead. But Haaland is poised to break pretty much all prem goal scoring records. He's on the pitch, he's the money striker, and the best penalty taker in the team. There is no justification for him not taking the penalty. Imagine if Ronaldo let Benzema take one in 2012. Wouldn't happen. I don't think pep had a bet on it or anything, but I can imagine haaland to score was a huge market, and I just wonder if there is anything underlying this absolute head wobbling decision. 

Mahrez seems to be the main taker though. If there's a hierarchy there's a hierarchy. Even Rodri was about to take it before Gundogan intervened and told him Mahrez takes it. Then Rodri said in the post-match interview that Gundogan said to him that Mahrez should take it and has the priority because that's what is decided pre-game. I don't even think Haaland was even mentioned in that conversation. 

29 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

We’ve been mentally weak for 20+ years mate, will take more than 2-3 windows I reckon. 

on Jack he never cared, was all PR his family are no different, good riddance 100m was good return really

To get back to the early 80's winning, or late 80's & early 90's runners up, yes, still a long, long way off. And with the competition getting ever more crazy.

Trying to get in amongst top 6 or 7 again is more do-able. Then try to linger around & see how it grows should be the plan for immediate future.

21 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I knew Mahrez was their penalty taker before. But thought Haaland had taken over at some point during the season. Maybe wrong though. Perhaps it is still Mahrez if he's on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

To get back to the early 80's winning, or late 80's & early 90's runners up, yes, still a long, long way off. And with the competition getting ever more crazy.

Trying to get in amongst top 6 or 7 again is more do-able. Then try to linger around & see how it grows should be the plan for immediate future.

I knew Mahrez was their penalty taker before. But thought Haaland had taken over at some point during the season. Maybe wrong though. Perhaps it is still Mahrez if he's on the pitch.

It's been said that Haaland has a bit of leg issue, so it could have been down to an injury.

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He hurt his leg, that's why he came off at HT and didn't take the pen 

12 hours ago, Stan said:

Mahrez seems to be the main taker though. If there's a hierarchy there's a hierarchy. Even Rodri was about to take it before Gundogan intervened and told him Mahrez takes it. Then Rodri said in the post-match interview that Gundogan said to him that Mahrez should take it and has the priority because that's what is decided pre-game. I don't even think Haaland was even mentioned in that conversation. 

Nah it's still super weird. The goal machine should take the pens. Mahrez isn't even that great at them if I recall correctly. And all that's besides the fact that Haaland setting goal records is good for the club and its finances. 

Ah well you've somewhat answered the question, even if I don't agree with the ins and outs. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived