talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Gameweek 33 Fixtures - 25-27th April, 2023

football forums

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

On top of losing Adams and Wober, the two best assets defensively for the team, we've now lost Sinisterra for the remainder. How's your luck...

Shame that, for you, as he looked lively.

What's Gracia got against Gnonto?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

6 years doesn't matter if that's the result of one great side. 6 years is just one generation. It's when it is 20 years that you have a problem because that's multiple generations of players.

No one looks back at the early 80s and says the league was done as a competition just because Liverpool won it nearly every year.

Yes because football wasn't about money then was it, whichever way you view Liverpool and the Uniteds success it wasn't achieved with a bottomless fund of money. City have built and empire that last well beyond the ten year domination they've had now. 7 titles in 10 it will be this season and that figure will go well beyond that over the next ten years as well.

Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool have invested in stadium development over the last 20 years and all have felt the repocutions in the transfer market. City developed a whole sporting City around their stadium, developed their stadium and facilities and its not even made a dent in their transfer activities.

I'm fed up with people saying coming from a United fan it's just bitter because the reality is this impacts everyone. Villa could have their best period in 40 years under Emry and its  likely that success will see little reward because it currently feels like its the 2nd place for everyone for the long distance future. 

At least we earned our money during our period of success, regardless of how people hate the way we took advantage of the boom in football, it's not our fault we had the best manager and team in the country.

It's defo time a stop is made to it, even if it stops the Qatar deal for United, its killing the competition. City are slinging about teams like rag dolls.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Storts said:

Try and sound a little bit sincere Stan hahah

It was :( 

He played well against us and it is a big miss for them if that's how he's been playing.

Like us missing Iheanacho for the rest of the season now most likely :( 

On 26/04/2023 at 21:20, Devil said:

This just sums it up, you know it's won. The Premier league is dead, fair play to Liverpool for competing the way they did over the last few years but they showed the only way to beat City is to have a near perfect season. City are making it look far too easy now and it's only going to get worse when they add Bellingham and another world class defender this summer. 

All we need now is European domination and super cups and club world cups and they will have tracked down United and Liverpool's all time trophy hauls in less than 20 years. 

City have set really high standards no doubt. But I feel this season was a real chance for somebody else. Reason I say this is because they've lost 4 and drawn 4, this is quite unusual for them to be honest.

1 minute ago, MUFC said:

City have set really high standards no doubt. But I feel this season was a real chance for somebody else. Reason I say this is because they've lost 4 and drawn 4, this is quite unusual for them to be honest.

Let's have it right he messed about with his side in the first half of the season. He tinkered so much it had a effect on the side.

Once he settled on a side he's destroyed it. The back up cast come in here and there and don't look out of place. 

55 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Hitting the 90 point mark used be seen as a big deal. Man City have made it so that you have to hit that level if you want to win the league. And even then you might not do it.

We've been terrible this month but looking at the season as a whole, we did well to get to the position we did when we were just expected to compete for top 4.

It's still frustrating but can't say Arteta hasn't done a great job.

5 hours ago, Rick said:

A positive from that has to be Gnonto getting starts for the rest of the season. He could be the spark you need going forward. 

Well, he has zero excuse not to use him now.

Even Jermaine Beckford called it out publically today having claimed he spoke to Gnonto about it and the lad has no idea.

We'll see what happens Sunday. 

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Shame that, for you, as he looked lively.

What's Gracia got against Gnonto?

No idea but it's bizarre. Personally, I feel any club fighting in that relegation battle would kill for a player like him and yet he's rooted to our bench like we have superior options. So odd.

I can only think there's been words or worse, there's some weird clause we're trying to avoid activating.

Sinisterra's injury may force Gracia's hand now. Gnonto is the kinda guy that just comes in and gives everyone a lift with his enthusiasm. He wont be here next season so I hope we use him as much as we can to get us out this mess.

Archived