talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 - Australia/New Zealand

football forum

Marina Hegering is finally fit to play, which is really important as she's usually the best center back. Lea Schüller starting upfront, which probably means that Alexandra Popp will play a bit further back. Not a bad option, considering our usual playmaker Lina Magull wasn't really at her best in the first two games. 

I'm actually nervous! 😬

• Administrator

These South Koreans taking time-wasting to a whole new level. More going down in agony but absolutely fine and running within seconds. Doctors must be miracle-workers to get them better so quickly...

• Sad 1

• Administrator

Round of 16

Switzerland vs Spain
Japan vs Norway
Netherlands vs South Africa
Sweden vs USA
England vs Nigeria
Argentina vs Denmark
Colombia vs Jamaica
France vs Morocco

Crazy ending to Sweden - USA. I was as convinced as the US goalkeeper the ball had not gone in, but it did cross the line.

That really is both giants gone now, in the women's game. USA & Germany both gone before the Quarter Finals? Nobody who has even vaguely followed women's football in recent years would have expected that.

I don’t like the USA team much either, but not for the reasons most people would. They win too much and celebrate too much when they are smashing teams 7-0 and it rubs me the wrong way lol You are meant to pretend to have modesty after 4-0 xD

40 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don’t like the USA team much either, but not for the reasons most people would. They win too much and celebrate too much when they are smashing teams 7-0 and it rubs me the wrong way lol You are meant to pretend to have modesty after 4-0 xD

Humble in victory,  humility in defeat. 

• The topic was unpinned