talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL 2023/24 Fixture Release - 22nd June 2023

football forum

• Administrator
On 19/06/2023 at 12:09, Lucas said:

First one I'll be looking out for personally will be Southampton away, as it's just 15mins away. 

Then, Bristol City and Sheffield Wednesday away as I'll have tickets sorted for me for both of those due to contacts. Preferably, these are Saturday games.

As for the rest, there's certain fixtures that you know will be good for atmosphere when we go there, like Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Huddersfield etc, the classic Sky picks.

I guess if we are in the position where we're competing with yourselves, that game might be built up more than normal too but very hard to look forward to playing a team you lose to a lot 😄

30th Sept - Southampton vs Leeds
4th May - Leeds vs Southampton (Final day!)

3rd Feb - Bristol City vs Leeds

9th March - Sheff Weds vs Leeds

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

A really tough opening month for us. First game is always an unknown as teams try out new personnel, Notts County will be out to prove themselves and get revenge on us for the play offs two seasons ago and Salford is always an interesting game.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

and Ipswich on Boxing Day, Huddersfield NYD...

Ha yeah - was saying to a mate yesterday it'll be either Leeds, Hull or Ipswich boxing day.

I think the likelihood is we start quite slowly this season so I'm not really happy with Coventry in that sense, they'll be bang up for that game and they've also never won away here, I think if they were going to pick a day to have that game, that's what they'd have gone for.

The rest of our opening five are very kind though I think.

Sheffield Wednesday away being midweek is a faff. That's the big away game that never ever falls at a good time.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

30th Sept - Southampton vs Leeds
4th May - Leeds vs Southampton (Final day!)

3rd Feb - Bristol City vs Leeds

9th March - Sheff Weds vs Leeds

Yep, they all fell ok bar Sky getting involved.

Couldn't write Saints at home last day, that could go spectacularly wrong or right for me personally.

• Subscriber

I think today sums up why football always reels you back in. We've just had the comedown of comedowns, had our best ever era ended by pressing selfdestruct in a season I can't even be bothered to go into anymore.

Fixture day for the Championship and all of a sudden I'm buzzed again. This could be a really fun season if we play our cards right.

• The topic was unpinned
23 hours ago, Stan said:

Avoid Cardiff that evening xD

21 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Wales are playing in the rugby that day as well.

Wales vs. Portugal at 16:45 at the Millennium (I think), followed by the derby at the Cardiff City Stadium at 19:45.

So tanked up rugby fans to begin, followed by Cardiff and Swansea fans already tanked from watching the rugby to watch the football afterwards. xD

That's going to be absolute bedlam. Won't be at the game unfortunately, so here's hoping I can get a good connection in Cornwall.

Archived