talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL 2023/24 Fixture Release - 22nd June 2023

football forum

• Administrator

@Dan @Lucas @Bluebird Hewitt @Pyfish @Coma @JoshBRFC @Carnivore Chris 

Any fixtures you're looking out for on Thursday?

I've got a feeling we'll play Bristol City or Blackburn first up. Perhaps the latter for Sky to then rinse and overkill the fact that it's 2 former PL winners playing in the Championship for the first time ever. Also whoever we play first will probably have a distinct fitness advantage given we (stupidly) travel to the Far East only 5 days before the start of the season for a friendly tour...

• The title was changed to EFL 2023/24 Fixture Release - 22nd June 2023
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should imagine its manipulated so Leicester, Saints and us all appear on TV in the first weekend. Sky will maximise the chance the Football League starts a week before the Premier League to showcase as much as they can.

Home start would be nice I think. Get a full house in, crowd behind the new manager and team and hopefully start the season with a win.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I should imagine its manipulated so Leicester, Saints and us all appear on TV in the first weekend. Sky will maximise the chance the Football League starts a week before the Premier League to showcase as much as they can.

Home start would be nice I think. Get a full house in, crowd behind the new manager and team and hopefully start the season with a win.

Agreed.

Friday 4th August will 100% be one of us 3.

We can't play on the Saturday because of the Caribbean Carnival, so I doubt we even play at home on the first game. 

Probably be 4+ games on Sky - Friday night, Saturday 12.30, Saturday 17.30, Sunday 2pm (before Community Shield)

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Agreed.

Friday 4th August will 100% be one of us 3.

We can't play on the Saturday because of the Caribbean Carnival, so I doubt we even play at home on the first game. 

Probably be 4+ games on Sky - Friday night, Saturday 12.30, Saturday 17.30, Sunday 2pm (before Community Shield)

I think they might have a Monday Night game tbh like last year, so they may remove one of the Saturday games, probably the 12:30 as its not prime time.

I reckon you'll be away, most likely Friday night, we'll be home for the 'big crowd' aspect, probably on Sunday, and Saints will be away.

Can see Wednesday or Sunderland being given a home game to get a big atmosphere in so you could get one of those.

Which games are you most looking forward to would you say personally?

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Which games are you most looking forward to would you say personally?

I guess in terms of rivalry it'll be Coventry.

I remember our games against you guys were quite good too, always a good atmosphere because of the stature of clubs. 

In terms of locality, Watford or QPR I may try and get to depending on when they fall. 

One more Vardy goal away at the Hawthorns to torment them will be lovely. 

How about you? Sheff Weds must be high up on the list!

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I guess in terms of rivalry it'll be Coventry.

I remember our games against you guys were quite good too, always a good atmosphere because of the stature of clubs. 

In terms of locality, Watford or QPR I may try and get to depending on when they fall. 

One more Vardy goal away at the Hawthorns to torment them will be lovely. 

How about you? Sheff Weds must be high up on the list!

First one I'll be looking out for personally will be Southampton away, as it's just 15mins away. 

Then, Bristol City and Sheffield Wednesday away as I'll have tickets sorted for me for both of those due to contacts. Preferably, these are Saturday games.

As for the rest, there's certain fixtures that you know will be good for atmosphere when we go there, like Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Huddersfield etc, the classic Sky picks.

I guess if we are in the position where we're competing with yourselves, that game might be built up more than normal too but very hard to look forward to playing a team you lose to a lot 😄

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

First one I'll be looking out for personally will be Southampton away, as it's just 15mins away. 

Then, Bristol City and Sheffield Wednesday away as I'll have tickets sorted for me for both of those due to contacts. Preferably, these are Saturday games.

As for the rest, there's certain fixtures that you know will be good for atmosphere when we go there, like Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Huddersfield etc, the classic Sky picks.

I guess if we are in the position where we're competing with yourselves, that game might be built up more than normal too but very hard to look forward to playing a team you lose to a lot 😄

March/April 2024 title showdown game. Steve Howard is brought out of retirement :ph34r: 

Also looking forward to the Bristol City games given the Pearson connections.

• Subscriber

Coventry simply. That's the one I'm looking out for. I'm at a wedding last weekend of September, I'm dreading that game being that weekend, that's the only real one I've got any preference for as I've got no new grounds. That one will be feisty. We haven't played them since 2012.

Convinced we're going to be the Friday night first game, away.

Always look out for the Lancashire sides first, but since Burnley have gone up, then Preston. That's the main fixture for Rovers this season. Both teams could well be fighting for promotion spots as well.

Everton would have been a good one and obviously Leicester and Leeds will be.

• Subscriber

Whoever gets us on the opening day is laughing. Say you're going off the assumption we do fairly well, well we are likely to start quite slowly so you would rather have us early.

I'm adamant it's going to be somewhere quite interesting away, on the Friday and we'll get beaten.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Bit of fun, gonna have a guess.

Friday 8pm - Sunderland v Leicester

Saturday 5:30 - Sheff Wed v Middlesbrough

Sunday 2pm - Leeds v West Brom

Monday 8pm - Plymouth v Southampton

Friday - Blackburn vs Leicester 

Saturday 5.30pm - Swansea vs Leeds

Sunday 2pm - Southampton vs Sheff Weds

Monday 8pm - Ipswich vs Middlesbrough

Honestly I'm just looking forward to being in a competitive league again.  There are some great clubs in the Championship and I've missed the rivalries.  Don't give a fuck about the Premier League tbh.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Hi @Lucas:)

For us:

Leeds A

QPR H

Leicester A

Sheffield Wednesday H

Ipswich A

Nice and easy then.

Yeah that's a tough start xD 

• Administrator