talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tino Livramento Signs For Newcastle

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Devil said:

This would be very clever business by Newcastle. Good player in a crap side at Southampton.

12 million, even if he's a squad player that's good value for money.

He is trying to come back following ACL repair,  he practically missed the entire season. 

4 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

He is trying to come back following ACL repair,  he practically missed the entire season. 

Before that he was looking really good though. Smart business at that price.

To compete now you need two sides to rotate.

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think we're more likely to keep using him as an inverted fullback than as a straight up midfielder.

Still need some squad cover with Ramsay going to Preston & Milner gone. 

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Devil said:

Before that he was looking really good though. Smart business at that price.

To compete now you need two sides to rotate.

Yeah £12m is pretty much no-risk these days, especially for a side in CL. 

Even if he doesn't become the same player due to the injury. 

Chelsea have a hefty sell on clause on Livramento - If Southampton sell for £30m, they would keep £18m. Chelsea would then earn £12m. (@J_Tanswell @TheAthleticFC)

Go on Saints rinse them. 

1 minute ago, Honey Honey said:

£30m for someone who hasn't played in a year is daft.

I can only assume that he can play left back or Trippier would be moved there. Not keen on the latter.

Isn't that tweet just using the £30m in an example to show how the Chelsea sell on clause would work? Granted... they could have just used £10m or just put the percentage... but that wouldn't get the Athletic as many clicks as insinuating he'd cost £30m despite not playing in a year would.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Isn't that tweet just using the £30m in an example to show how the Chelsea sell on clause would work? Granted... they could have just used £10m or just put the percentage... but that wouldn't get the Athletic as many clicks as insinuating he'd cost £30m despite not playing in a year would.

Our local paper is saying Southampton are holding out for £30m

I wouldn't put it past them to be victims of clickbait though to be fair. Our local journos have a reputation for knowing nothing.

5 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Our local paper is saying Southampton are holding out for £30m

I wouldn't put it past them to be victims of clickbait though to be fair. Our local journos have a reputation for knowing nothing.

I mean if I'm Southampton and I see a club owned by the Saudis wants one of my players and I see what the Saudi league is paying for players... I'm also going to ask for a huge amount of money. At the same time, I imagine they'd probably see a benefit in selling a player who's been out for almost a year with an injury that some players don't really ever come back from the same (sad VVD noises in the background for this sentence) as they hope to rebuild for promotion and will need to inject some new blood into the side... and Newcastle aren't in the Saudi league and tbf to them, look like they're trying to be more self-sustaining than other oil clubs.

Isn't it strange how local paper sports journos seem to be so shit now? It doesn't seem that long ago that I used to disregard most transfer rumours and just look to see what the Liverpool Echo had to say about our transfer dealings because that was where all the journos who actually knew anything worked. Turns out... it was something like 15 years ago and since then good journos have been swept up by national papers or international ones like The Athletic and now the Liverpool Echo is just full of absolute nonsense. Any reliable journos working at non-local papers for Newcastle related transfers... or is it all just sensationalist guess work now?

It's gotta be more sensationalist guess work for you lot now because you've got owners that can basically just print out money since they've got that black liquid coming out of the ground there... there's probably all kinds of bullshit they can spew that'll generate clicks. Neymar to Newcastle, etc.

53 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean if I'm Southampton and I see a club owned by the Saudis wants one of my players and I see what the Saudi league is paying for players... I'm also going to ask for a huge amount of money. At the same time, I imagine they'd probably see a benefit in selling a player who's been out for almost a year with an injury that some players don't really ever come back from the same (sad VVD noises in the background for this sentence) as they hope to rebuild for promotion and will need to inject some new blood into the side... and Newcastle aren't in the Saudi league and tbf to them, look like they're trying to be more self-sustaining than other oil clubs.

Isn't it strange how local paper sports journos seem to be so shit now? It doesn't seem that long ago that I used to disregard most transfer rumours and just look to see what the Liverpool Echo had to say about our transfer dealings because that was where all the journos who actually knew anything worked. Turns out... it was something like 15 years ago and since then good journos have been swept up by national papers or international ones like The Athletic and now the Liverpool Echo is just full of absolute nonsense. Any reliable journos working at non-local papers for Newcastle related transfers... or is it all just sensationalist guess work now?

It's gotta be more sensationalist guess work for you lot now because you've got owners that can basically just print out money since they've got that black liquid coming out of the ground there... there's probably all kinds of bullshit they can spew that'll generate clicks. Neymar to Newcastle, etc.

Never thought about that but I think you're on to something about the good journos being snapped up. I bet local paper pay lags further behind than ever before. 

We've also got this problem where Ashey and co banned some journos. Wouldnt give them anything. So they had to go get other sources. Agents, players etc. Possibly part of bigger networks. Whilst locals were left either buying good will off the club or being left with nothing and looking crap at their job.

15 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Never thought about that but I think you're on to something about the good journos being snapped up. I bet local paper pay lags further behind than ever before. 

We've also got this problem where Ashey and co banned some journos. Wouldnt give them anything. So they had to go get other sources. Agents, players etc. Possibly part of bigger networks. Whilst locals were left either buying good will off the club or being left with nothing and looking crap at their job.

Ashley was such a fucking cunt

But yeah that’s how it was at the Echo, anyone who was reliable got snapped up by bigger papers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Deal agreed. 

Would take their spending this summer to approx £140-150m.

Last season was £175m approx. 

Season before was £115m approx. 

3rd highest net spend in the last 5 seasons (behind Arsenal and Man Utd). Saudi money working wonders... 

• The title was changed to Tino Livramento Signs For Newcastle

Archived