talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dan's Tipping Game is BACK

football forum

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Rushing my picks this week so it's not had any thought behind it.

image.png.abb7935376832c92d6990707ef823300.png

Was about to complain that I have already done the table ready to post later but then remembered you're top regardless :D

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Now when it comes to Christmas presents traditionally we'll have surprises, however given that there may be those who think this isn't a good idea for the game, happy to hear what you think.

For a tipping game christmas present, I'm thinking to allocate everybody a week where they get a boosted stake, to be used whenever they fancy.

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Dan said:

Now when it comes to Christmas presents traditionally we'll have surprises, however given that there may be those who think this isn't a good idea for the game, happy to hear what you think.

For a tipping game christmas present, I'm thinking to allocate everybody a week where they get a boosted stake, to be used whenever they fancy.

Don't mind that. 

£20 instead of the usual £10? Or 2 separate £10 stakes as an option to use within the week?

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Don't mind that. 

£20 instead of the usual £10? Or 2 separate £10 stakes as an option to use within the week?

£25 a figure I had in mind. No obligation to use it and no specific week it has to be used in.

• Subscriber
On 28/11/2023 at 02:59, Dan said:

WEEK 17 - LONDON BUS LEAGUE TABLES

image.thumb.png.23763d499ebe6d6d17c08e6aaf360596.png

WEEK 17 STATS
Winning bets: 3/8
Winning selections: 10/16
Weekly forum position: -£10.25 (Ranked 7/17)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 32/122
Winning selections: 109/232
Total forum position: -£251.75

To be honest, I look through this weeks and think we really deserved a bit more than we actually got. I think to post a loss, albeit not a particularly damaging one, given we landed 10 selections out of 16 is really unlucky, one of those weeks where doing £5 singles would've undoubtedly landed us on a better overall score, but such is the nature.

@Pyfish is back after a couple of weeks off but is let down on his short priced Friday night double by Leeds' failure to beat Rotherham. A surprising result but I have to say having seen the odds I actually had a fiver on Rotherham to win, 9/1 for a home side in the Championship! The bookies really do seem to rate Leeds, probably above even ourselves based on the game to game prices you see. PSG beat Monaco 5-2, no errors made there.

@Machado is back in classic fashion. Marcelino having a dream debut as manager of Villarreal by beating Osasuna 4-1 meaning the double chance was absolutely comfortable. Squeaky bum time at Lyon v Lille as Lille scored two early goals, but that's all that happened and the under 3.5 pays out.

He moves above @CaaC (John) who becomes the second member of the top three to lose on a result I'm happy to see play out for selfish reasons. Having landed from my holiday I was delighted to see that not only had we won, but Ipswich had lost at West Brom. Ideal weekend for us, not so much for John.

@Storts returned to the game this weekend with a double in the Championship. Birmingham delivered, Middlesbrough didn't. A frustrating one.

@RandoEFC is the form player of the game at the minute. For the third weekend running he wins one of his -1.5 picks and has the other win by a goal meaning he gets a small win. Slow and steady seeing him creep up the table with his sixth win in eight weeks, although the last three have only seen him net £11.90 profit. Zilina were a team widely tipped in circles I follow and they only won 1-0, but Slovan Bratislava did the business, winning 0-2.

@Stan makes it 10 losses in 11 weeks. Winning on Chesterfield's game with Eastleigh but being let down by Oxford at Cheltenham. Interestingly on the football league podcast I listen to, one of the presenters is an Oxford fan and his long shot bet of the weekend was Oxford to lose to nil, a fantastic pick.

@...Dan finally lands a double on the European scene and moves himself back off the bottom. Racing Santander beat Villarreal B 2-0 in a fairly comprehensive looking display, while Heerenveen made light work of Fortuna Sittard, winning 3-0, two of them penalties.

I'm back on the bottom, 1 win in 17 is absolutely abject. This is one of the really unlucky ones as well. Fortuna Dusseldorf won their game 5-3 so I was definitely right to take the over 1.5 goals angle on that one rather than under 4.5, but Southampton chucked it late on at Huddersfield and drew 1-1, costing me what would've been a pretty healthy win. I'm happy enough to drop one on Southampton dropping points to one of the leagues worst sides though, so swings and roundabouts.

Another week commences, should all be back to normal service this weekend. European action, and FA Cup replacing most of the lower league schedule for the weekend, though there is a full EFL fixture list midweek as well, so loads to choose from, and no excuses for not finding two who can win! (He says with '1 win in 17').

WEEK 18 - CREEPING BACK UP, CREEPING BACK DOWN

image.thumb.png.ca73908af91cd60dd07d5fefc6afbbcf.png

WEEK 18 STATS
Winning selections: 8/16
Weekly forum position: +£10.27 (Ranked 6/18)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 35/130
Winning selections: 117/248
Total forum position: -£241.48

A mixed week but some of this is on myself as I have made a bit of discovery, and not a good one either. I have made a couple of errors in the table over the season and have identified that I did not account for two people's losses earlier in the season. Read on, and hope that it isn't you!

Better late than never. Well, unfortunately, not really the case for @Pyfish who delivers a last minute loss as Atalanta can't score at Torino. Always infuriating when you have a both teams to score pick where the underdog score fairly early but it loses. Torino ran out surprise 3-0 winners. AFC Wimbledon won 5-0, a pretty routine win.

@Machado's habit of aiming for the utterly bizarre took us to Cyprus and Africa this week where we had two games with a heavy favourite being tipped to have their attack blunted somewhat. Sadly it backfired badly, as APOEL won 5-0 and Zamalek won 0-4. Two losses for the first time all season for him.

@RandoEFC makes it four consecutive weeks of a half win, as while Braga delivered a 3-1 win to pay out, Cherno More Varna could only win 1-2, although they conceded a late goal themselves in that game so it was very nearly a first loss in a while. That's 7 wins in 9 weeks - although I think he'd have wanted more than £28.54 profit over that period considering.

@Stan comes back with a winner for the first time in a month. Bolton sticking 5 past Harrogate in the FA Cup, but in a perfect twist getting the absolute dream scenario where he manages to see Leicester throw a point away very late on to win his bet, and then steal the win even later on anyway. So a win-win from a very unlikely scenario.

Unfortunately, we come to our double-loser of the week. Many apologies to @CaaC (John) who not only loses his bet, extremely narrowly too after Everton won and Manchester United did come extremely close to a late equaliser, but is docked a further £10 entirely due to my own error in not knocking off week 11's loss. To make matters worse, the table has gotten very tight this week and this has knocked him all the way down to 6th. I apologise!

The other victim here is @...Dan - who I forgot to dock the £10 of for week 15, so unfortunately his win, which is the result of the week in this table, is blunted somewhat. He does still even despite the deduction manage to have the best outcome of the week, his second win in a row and has put @Lucas into the bottom two, after he landed neither of Leverkusen or Man City's wins, quite unlucky too frankly looking at how the games went.

Dan go a week without a late cry over the bad luck challenge. This week though, they can get absolutely fucked. I went early in my double and paid the price as Shakhtar could only manage the 1 goal over Antwerp. They hit the post on numerous occasions and even managed to round the keeper and miss. In even more annoying news, Plymouth got a last gasp winner, so I would've landed a very nice win this week, but it's not to be, and I'm absolutely cut adrift at this point. I need a good win again soon.

Lots of football on this week. Do your worst. As stated, I'm thinking everybody gets a £25 bet to use one week from Christmas too, which should make it interesting, almost like a triple captain in FPL.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I'm doing it again unfortunately. I'm going to take Wolves win and over 1.5 goals as an early pick for my double @ 13/10 - think that's very kind, Burnley haven't fooled me by beating a dreadful Sheffield United. Wolves for me are the better team and what seems to have a bit under the radar under O'Neil is that they seem to be a quite high goals team at both ends, with only one clean sheet, and one failure to score all season - both in August, and both of them frankly a bit of a freak. Burnley have conceded 3 2 3 1 2 1 in their away games. I concede the chances of 1-0 here are probably higher than most of their games, but I think you can justify getting on them here.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm doing it again unfortunately. I'm going to take Wolves win and over 1.5 goals as an early pick for my double @ 13/10 - think that's very kind, Burnley haven't fooled me by beating a dreadful Sheffield United. Wolves for me are the better team and what seems to have a bit under the radar under O'Neil is that they seem to be a quite high goals team at both ends, with only one clean sheet, and one failure to score all season - both in August, and both of them frankly a bit of a freak. Burnley have conceded 3 2 3 1 2 1 in their away games. I concede the chances of 1-0 here are probably higher than most of their games, but I think you can justify getting on them here.

That would tempt me too, but I like picking for Saturdays/weekends xD.

In my mind midweek games can throw up some surprises. Part of me thinks Luton get a win vs Arsenal tonight...

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

That would tempt me too, but I like picking for Saturdays/weekends xD.

In my mind midweek games can throw up some surprises. Part of me thinks Luton get a win vs Arsenal tonight...

I don't disagree with this, I tend to find the results are a bit harder to predict. Early signs here are that I've fumbled it yet again.

Well well well, 1-0 xD 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

A least you weren't alone tonight xD.

Screenshot_20231205_225502_Chrome.thumb.jpg.adb1b4c88a82800cd6866dfa8606527a.jpg

Thought evens was nice odds for this set of outcomes.

Ah honestly. I can't even claim to be unlucky in general it just seems to be in here. I've kept a record of every single selection I've made this season with a £10 stake and I'd be over £300 up with singles. I'm just consistently picking the wrong ones to stick in here. I had Wolves & Auxerre wins with over 1.5 goals tonight. I need St Gallen to do the same for a win tomorrow (their game at the weekend was moved to Wednesday).

1 win in 19. I mean bloody hell. I should be averaging 18/1 odds with that record and yet here we are.

• Subscriber

Screenshot_20231208_175459_Chrome.thumb.jpg.27b541664b504350ccfdeaa4fb9a1107.jpg

Pushing the odds up a bit here.

The St Pauli game is top vs bottom in the second tier in Germany. I think the generous price here comes from Osnabruck being slightly less hopeless at home but they've still lost 5 out of 8. St Pauli are unbeaten in the league all season and unbeaten in 9 away games including 6 wins. They haven't been dishing out hammerings but given how likely it is for them to win at Osnabruck and at least secure a refund, I'm happy to take these odds.

The second selection comes from the UAE. Al Ittihad have lost three of their five home games this season. If you include last season it's one win in eleven at home. Al Ain are 3rd in the league and have won 9 of their last 12 on the road.

• Subscriber

My bet lost. Al Ain took a nice early lead then got a red card 5 minutes later. Went 2-1 down then their opponents got a red card as well before half-time and Al Ain were only able to get back to 2-2 in the second half when it was ten against ten.

I've missed most the games but I'll still have a punt on this double tonight please.

Never know, might come in, worth a go for the sake of minus £10 again.

Barca to win, BTTS 6/4

Marseille to win, BTTS 5/2

£10 wins £87.50.

Edited by Lucas

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I've missed most the games but I'll still have a punt on this double tonight please.

Never know, might come in, worth a go for the sake of minus £10 again.

Barca to win, BTTS 6/4

Marseille to win, BTTS 5/2

£10 wins £87.50.

Ah man, really?

Marseille coasted in. Thought when Barca got it back to 1-1 they'd go on and win that way the game was going. Even Second half they had so much of the play but that third Girona goal killed it.

Gotta love this game haven't you. 

12 hours ago, Dan said:

Currently in a lodge in what feels like the middle of nowhere and my internet is extremely on and off, so the table may be a bit delayed.

Don't worry mate, we are in no rush to see it xD

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber
On 05/12/2023 at 01:03, Dan said:

WEEK 18 - CREEPING BACK UP, CREEPING BACK DOWN

image.thumb.png.ca73908af91cd60dd07d5fefc6afbbcf.png

WEEK 18 STATS
Winning selections: 8/16
Weekly forum position: +£10.27 (Ranked 6/18)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 35/130
Winning selections: 117/248
Total forum position: -£241.48

A mixed week but some of this is on myself as I have made a bit of discovery, and not a good one either. I have made a couple of errors in the table over the season and have identified that I did not account for two people's losses earlier in the season. Read on, and hope that it isn't you!

Better late than never. Well, unfortunately, not really the case for @Pyfish who delivers a last minute loss as Atalanta can't score at Torino. Always infuriating when you have a both teams to score pick where the underdog score fairly early but it loses. Torino ran out surprise 3-0 winners. AFC Wimbledon won 5-0, a pretty routine win.

@Machado's habit of aiming for the utterly bizarre took us to Cyprus and Africa this week where we had two games with a heavy favourite being tipped to have their attack blunted somewhat. Sadly it backfired badly, as APOEL won 5-0 and Zamalek won 0-4. Two losses for the first time all season for him.

@RandoEFC makes it four consecutive weeks of a half win, as while Braga delivered a 3-1 win to pay out, Cherno More Varna could only win 1-2, although they conceded a late goal themselves in that game so it was very nearly a first loss in a while. That's 7 wins in 9 weeks - although I think he'd have wanted more than £28.54 profit over that period considering.

@Stan comes back with a winner for the first time in a month. Bolton sticking 5 past Harrogate in the FA Cup, but in a perfect twist getting the absolute dream scenario where he manages to see Leicester throw a point away very late on to win his bet, and then steal the win even later on anyway. So a win-win from a very unlikely scenario.

Unfortunately, we come to our double-loser of the week. Many apologies to @CaaC (John) who not only loses his bet, extremely narrowly too after Everton won and Manchester United did come extremely close to a late equaliser, but is docked a further £10 entirely due to my own error in not knocking off week 11's loss. To make matters worse, the table has gotten very tight this week and this has knocked him all the way down to 6th. I apologise!

The other victim here is @...Dan - who I forgot to dock the £10 of for week 15, so unfortunately his win, which is the result of the week in this table, is blunted somewhat. He does still even despite the deduction manage to have the best outcome of the week, his second win in a row and has put @Lucas into the bottom two, after he landed neither of Leverkusen or Man City's wins, quite unlucky too frankly looking at how the games went.

Dan go a week without a late cry over the bad luck challenge. This week though, they can get absolutely fucked. I went early in my double and paid the price as Shakhtar could only manage the 1 goal over Antwerp. They hit the post on numerous occasions and even managed to round the keeper and miss. In even more annoying news, Plymouth got a last gasp winner, so I would've landed a very nice win this week, but it's not to be, and I'm absolutely cut adrift at this point. I need a good win again soon.

Lots of football on this week. Do your worst. As stated, I'm thinking everybody gets a £25 bet to use one week from Christmas too, which should make it interesting, almost like a triple captain in FPL.

WEEK 19 - GOOD GRIEF

image.thumb.png.bf3ab1ad493b35b770b67c21a16bb9cd.png

WEEK 19 STATS
Winning bets: 0/7
Winning selections: 3/12
Weekly forum position: -£70.00 (Ranked 18/19)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 35/137
Winning selections: 120/260
Total forum position: -£311.48

I'm a bit pushed for time this week but let the table do the talking. Absolute disaster throughout. @CaaC (John) probably the main winner of the week having not predicted! Better luck next time out.