Doncaster vs Harrogate
Forest Green vs Salford
Grimsby vs AFC Wimbledon
Morecambe vs Walsall
Stockport vs Gillingham
Sutton vs Notts County
Tranmere vs Barrow
Wrexham vs MK Dons

I know we tend to have the upper hand over Leeds, but I'll be surprised if we get anything from this.

I'll be happy to see a good performance against a relegated prem team in what will be one of the toughest fixtures of the season and see how our attacking threat goes, as that was our key issue last season. We didn't look great against Wycombe on Saturday and I fear for our defence if Simpson starts.

• Subscriber

Meeting some friends in Sunderland on Sunday so going to Sunderland v Ipswich. Impressed with some of the signings Sunderland have made so hoping they'll get off to a winning start. Plus my record at the Stadium of Light is pretty good too.

As for Grimsby, this will be the true indicator of how well we've managed to recruit over the Summer. Pre-season hasn't given us the ideal results but we've shown some good performances so that makes me a little optimistic. Bookies are putting us quite high up this season and I'm hoping we can live up to that.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Forgot to mention as well that it'll be interesting to see how Wrexham do without Mullin for the time being. Not sure who else they have up front.

They'll manage but Mullin's presence will definitely be missed. They've got Ollie Palmer who has quite a decent goalscoring record in the league so I imagine he will be the main man for this one.

On 31/07/2023 at 09:28, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I know we tend to have the upper hand over Leeds, but I'll be surprised if we get anything from this.

I'll be happy to see a good performance against a relegated prem team in what will be one of the toughest fixtures of the season and see how our attacking threat goes, as that was our key issue last season. We didn't look great against Wycombe on Saturday and I fear for our defence if Simpson starts.

I think you need to be more encouraged and hopeful by the fact you are our bogey side, it's the perfect time to play us first game, we have lost Bamford and Rutter as striker options and you have signings of your own keen to show what they can do and a team wanting to impress their new manager. 

I really don't expect a win. I can see this being a 1-1 draw and us struggling with such a blunt attack.

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

I think you need to be more encouraged and hopeful by the fact you are our bogey side, it's the perfect time to play us first game, we have lost Bamford and Rutter as striker options and you have signings of your own keen to show what they can do and a team wanting to impress their new manager. 

I really don't expect a win. I can see this being a 1-1 draw and us struggling with such a blunt attack.

Our attack is just as blunt as we were one of the lowest scorers in the Championship last season. We have attempted to improve that, though I'm concerned that our main striker options are not great.

While we have Robinson and Grant and can play up front, neither are really strikers and our options at present are Ugbo (who hasn't really shown a lot in all honesty), Meite (who might be out for this match) and Etete (who seemed to struggle pre season). There was some promise in preseason, but we're still struggling to stick the ball into the net.

That and our defence has some absolute howlers in them, so wouldn't surprise me if you capitalise on that.

Really hope that Tella goal is enough of a prod for Burnley to stump up and take him off Saints hands. Far too damaging at this level for the rest of us.

Saints will be disappointed they aren't winning, clearly miles better than Wednesday who do look every bit like a team that could struggle.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

Barnsley with a good score so far too. 5-0 against Port Vale.

Both Wrexham and Notts County losing - they were both supposed to be pissing the league.

Wimbledon just had a penalty saved by our keeper in our game - 0-0 still

• The topic was unpinned