talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lewis Hall - Newcastle Sign Chelsea Defender on Loan

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Totally disagree.

Thought he was supurb against Man Utd at Old Trafford near the end if the season and tbh, thought he was decent against City at the Etihad, although they had just won the league at that point.

Lots of development to come for sure but out of his depth, couldn't disagree more and I've seen Junior Firpo play Left Back in the Premier League for two years.

He was Chelsea's man of the match in both games against us last season.   He made 3 key interceptions at the game at St James',  at the time Chelsea had started to arrest their slide and won 4 or 5 games.   It was a hard fought game and Lewis Hall was banging cross fielders right footed,  beating his man often and he was having a lot of success against Almiron.   

In a perfect world Chelsea would rather keep Hall and Maatsen and sell Chilwell and Cucurella,  but the latter are not easy to sell due to bad contracts,  bad injury history,  and one is bordering on a one season wonder.     

13 hours ago, Devil said:

That's a ridiculous fee, something dodgy going on at Chelsea. That fee has blown my mind given his lack of games.

So should United. Mount has been shit for 20 months and they spent 60m. 

4 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

He was Chelsea's man of the match in both games against us last season.   He made 3 key interceptions at the game at St James',  at the time Chelsea had started to arrest their slide and won 4 or 5 games.   It was a hard fought game and Lewis Hall was banging cross fielders right footed,  beating his man often and he was having a lot of success against Almiron.   

In a perfect world Chelsea would rather keep Hall and Maatsen and sell Chilwell and Cucurella,  but the latter are not easy to sell due to bad contracts,  bad injury history,  and one is bordering on a one season wonder.     

Why would a perfect world have Chelsea selling Chilwell? Still easily our best LB. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

So should United. Mount has been shit for 20 months and they spent 60m. 

Give over, Mount is a full international who has Champions League experience and hundreds of appearances. We overpaid but to compare the two transfers is just plain stupid. 

30 million for a kid with 8 games. 8 underwhelming games as well. 

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Give over, Mount is a full international who has Champions League experience and hundreds of appearances. We overpaid but to compare the two transfers is just plain stupid. 

30 million for a kid with 8 games. 8 underwhelming games as well. 

Yes you overpaid on a player that's trajectory has been on stand by for well over 20 months and is dangerously heading towards the Oscar route. 

United need to be investigated alongside Newcastle for helping us with FFP. Arsenal too. 

The payment will only be due on 1 July 2024,  by that point he will likely play another 30-40 games to pass judgment on.    

In a very underperforming Chelsea team he dropped a 7.1 aggregate sofascore and his best three games came in the back end when he put up a 7.5, 7.7 and 7.4 against City, man U and Newcastle.    

Against man united in a game chelsea stunk out the place,  Lewis Hall was the best player on the field:

Defense:  

2 key tackles

8/8 duels won 

Offensive:

37/41 passes

67 touches

3 key passes

5/6 progressive passes

2/3 crosses

6/6 dribbles

1 shot saved

1 shot blocked

3 big chances created.

This game had a chelsea player miss an absolute sitter early on,  this game could have been a 4-3, 4-4 if chelsea had a half decent attack. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Yes you overpaid on a player that's trajectory has been on stand by for well over 20 months and is dangerously heading towards the Oscar route. 

United need to be investigated alongside Newcastle for helping us with FFP. Arsenal too. 

Why would it be investigated?  sure if he tears the place up and becomes a stud people may bitch about it but I can't see how a loan which becomes permanent end of season is "getting around FFP".

Lewis Hall is on 7K a week until 2026 and from 2026 to 2030 he is up to 25K a week with a final option year at 40K a week,  but he will sign a contract with us end of the season so this become irrelevant.   Lewis hall will make 376K for this season and Newcastle pay all of it,  376k is about 0.01% of Chelsea's payroll. 

Bit harsh to say Mount is washed. Didn’t get a chance under Potter or Lampard last year when they were in the shit, which was a completely bizarre decision by both managers. If he wasn’t bothering in training you could understand a bit, but he doesn’t seem like the type. More a case of Potter and Lampard having no idea what they were doing with that team. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Bit harsh to say Mount is washed. Didn’t get a chance under Potter or Lampard last year when they were in the shit, which was a completely bizarre decision by both managers. If he wasn’t bothering in training you could understand a bit, but he doesn’t seem like the type. More a case of Potter and Lampard having no idea what they were doing with that team. 

The thing about him is that I think he reached his ceiling performance wise with us?? He is a very capable player but he had highs and lows and lacked that consistency and improvement you really need.. Another thing that may have impacted him obviously was the ongoing saga of signing a new deal with us, it was dragging on for so long you can't help wonder how that affected him and maybe he was coming across as not being as committed as the club would have liked.. Throw on top of that a pretty dire season and the whole thing together just ended up being a massive negative all round.. 

Let's see how he gets on at United this season... A fresh start in theory should recharge his ambitions

37 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Why would it be investigated?  sure if he tears the place up and becomes a stud people may bitch about it but I can't see how a loan which becomes permanent end of season is "getting around FFP".

Lewis Hall is on 7K a week until 2026 and from 2026 to 2030 he is up to 25K a week with a final option year at 40K a week,  but he will sign a contract with us end of the season so this become irrelevant.   Lewis hall will make 376K for this season and Newcastle pay all of it,  376k is about 0.01% of Chelsea's payroll. 

I'm saying its a moot argument. If people want to think Newcastle/Chelsea are in some shady business with Hall, then United and Arsenal need to be investigated too for overspending on players and helping Chelsea out with FFP. 

10 minutes ago, Rick said:

He's been poor for almost 2 years now and is heading towards a similar trajectory as Oscar. Jack of all trades, master of none.  Even under Tuchel he stagnated. 

Not calling you out, but its quite honestly amazing how all of a sudden neutrals rate Mount when these same neutrals were pulling their hair out seeing Mount start at the Euros and Word Cup. 

41 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'm saying its a moot argument. If people want to think Newcastle/Chelsea are in some shady business with Hall, then United and Arsenal need to be investigated too for overspending on players and helping Chelsea out with FFP. 

He's been poor for almost 2 years now and is heading towards a similar trajectory as Oscar. Jack of all trades, master of none.  Even under Tuchel he stagnated. 

Not calling you out, but its quite honestly amazing how all of a sudden neutrals rate Mount when these same neutrals were pulling their hair out seeing Mount start at the Euros and Word Cup. 

Oh I don’t really rate Mount that much haha, I never have really. I think I’m more arguing that last season he didn’t get a fair crack of the whip when you were doing really shit. We’ll soon see what he’s going to do at Utd.

24 minutes ago, Rick said:

Oh I don’t really rate Mount that much haha, I never have really. I think I’m more arguing that last season he didn’t get a fair crack of the whip when you were doing really shit. We’ll soon see what he’s going to do at Utd.

By all accounts, from preseason and against Wolves Mount didn't look any better than the previous 20 months. 

Yeah its still very early but he genuinely reminds of Oscar. 

It seems to be a good fit for everybody. Chelsea get a great fee for a player whose played nine times in a position where they're sacked, Newcastle get much needed depth with a player who has an affiliation and (whilst an upgrade on Jairo would have been nice) we can utilise our two loan slots on attacking reinforcements.

• The title was changed to Lewis Hall - Newcastle Sign Chelsea Defender on Loan
22 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

Buying potential. Two expensive backup full backs that we'd be expecting to become first team within the next 12-24 months.

Burn will continue on at left back until Hall takes his chance when he gets it.

we are light at CB, and with no flexibility to spend more Burn will slowly be moved off LB.   I think Hall will be full time Left Back by the Brentford game.

Burn will rotate weekend after midweek games with Botman and Lascelles with Schar to prevent player burnout.   McArthur, Alex Murphy are still needing development time.

• 3 months later...

🚨 Eddie Howe says he “can’t confirm” whether Lewis Hall would sign for Newcastle permanently at the end of the season.

There are still some certain criteria to hit to trigger the obligation to buy clause in loan deal from Chelsea.#CFC

(@FabrizioRomano) pic.twitter.com/HZbbt6BJqB

— Chelsea Dodgers (@TheBlueDodger) December 15, 2023

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

🚨 Eddie Howe says he “can’t confirm” whether Lewis Hall would sign for Newcastle permanently at the end of the season.

There are still some certain criteria to hit to trigger the obligation to buy clause in loan deal from Chelsea.#CFC

(@FabrizioRomano) pic.twitter.com/HZbbt6BJqB

— Chelsea Dodgers (@TheBlueDodger) December 15, 2023

he is completely phased out, there were stories that the coaching staff is unhappy with his work rate and conditioning.

I also heard Chelsea can recall him in January if an option to loan him elsewhere arises.   

sometimes things don't work out, and you have to move on.  It kind of sucks but such is life.