talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 1 - 11-14th August, 2023

football forum

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I can't wait to see the team selection, the left wing has some competition with Barnes, Gordon and Anderson all having strong pre seasons. 

On the Right miggy was in the goals again and with Trippier, Livramento and Tonali operating that side he should have more quality around him, particularly that line breaking pass.

it will also be interesting to see if Howe goes with Anderson, Longstaff or Tonali to partner Bruno G and Joe7inton.

Should be Barnes all day.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has to be tiring to play this negatively all season. There’s no real effort from Forest to attack the game, commit numbers on a long ball, they just hope a chance falls and Johnson or Gibbs-White can outrun the last defender to the ball

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Saka is phenomenal. England’s best player bar Kane. His shooting has come on so much in the last year.

Forest are dull and have little to offer going forward, just invite pressure onto them.

Reminds me of Mahrez or Robben when he cuts in from the left and just eyes that far top corner of the goal. Ridiculously good. 

You wonder where his next move will be after Arsenal... 

18 hours ago, 6666 said:

Time of the year where I start to wonder if I can subscribe to both Sky Sports & BT Sport and if it'd be worth it.

So, subscribed to TNT Sports through BT Broadband for £20pm. Can't get it linked to Discovery+ which you need to in order to watch online. Trying for 3 hours. Worst subscription experience you can have. Missing the whole game. These idiots on online helpdesk don't know anything. One from BT is telling me to log in with my BT details on discovery+, website says I'm supposed to get a linked to create a linked account for a discoveryID, one for discovery+ says I don't have an account.

Illegal streams will always be a thing. Thankfully.

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

So, subscribed to TNT Sports through BT Broadband for £20pm. Can't get it linked to Discovery+ which you need to in order to watch online. Trying for 3 hours. Worst subscription experience you can have. Missing the whole game. These idiots on online helpdesk don't know anything. One from BT is telling me to log in with my BT details on discovery+, website says I'm supposed to get a linked to create a linked account for a discoveryID, one for discovery+ says I don't have an account.

Illegal streams will always be a thing. Thankfully.

I guess you can't get Fubo TV in the UK?   It's about half that price here in Canada and the USA

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Reminds me of Mahrez or Robben when he cuts in from the left and just eyes that far top corner of the goal. Ridiculously good. 

You wonder where his next move will be after Arsenal... 

Yeah it’s just an unreal strike, similar to Kane in fairness with the power from what initially looks to be a fairly light shot

• Subscriber

HT 0-0. Not watching but we've racked up an xG of 2.20 and dominated the back end of that half going by the chances. Too many chances missed and Maupay the worst offender. Really hope this is his last Everton start with DCL returning, Danjuma capable of filling in there and Chermiti newly signed.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

HT 0-0. Not watching but we've racked up an xG of 2.20 and dominated the back end of that half going by the chances. Too many chances missed and Maupay the worst offender. Really hope this is his last Everton start with DCL returning, Danjuma capable of filling in there and Chermiti newly signed.

I think with the way you play and the consistency Maupay will need, once he gets a bit of confidence he’ll score more for you than you think he might.

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Goal for us harshly ruled out by the sounds of it.

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Goal for us harshly ruled out by the sounds of it.

Tarkowski was pushed into the space the keeper was headed into.  Looked like Tarkowski was just standing his ground.  Should have counted.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think with the way you play and the consistency Maupay will need, once he gets a bit of confidence he’ll score more for you than you think he might.

I think Maupay must be a decent player but he's been a disastrous signing. We spent last summer chasing players who could deputise for Calvert-Lewin, such as Beto from Udinese and Che Adams, then panicked and went for Maupay instead who is a completely different profile of striker. You can't build the basics of your play around a target man who can hold the ball up and then have Maupay as his understudy. He'd do much better in a team who played to his strengths. Still misses far too many chances for us when they come along though.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived