talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 1 - 11-14th August, 2023

football forum

• Subscriber

19 shots, an xG of almost 3 and we can't score. Sounds like Leno played his part but what an absolutely stinking result to start the season. Sounds like the Keane goal should have stood and if it had we'd probably have gone on to win but you can't do anything about that. The recruitment team have to get a move on now and fix the last few glaring issues in this squad.

Dyche's kid-glove approach with Calvert-Lewin better pay off in the long term as well.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Sounds like the Keane goal should have stood

In my eyes, definitely. Terrible decision. Leno jumps into Tarkowski. Look where the keeper runs from xD 

What else is Tarkowski meant to do there?

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Stan said:

In my eyes, definitely. Terrible decision. Leno jumps into Tarkowski. Look where the keeper runs from xD 

What else is Tarkowski meant to do there?

Yeah I've seen it properly now but it's Everton so you have to be ready to go into any given fixture with a -1.0 VAR handicap xD.

Terrible run of injuries for Villa. Had not realised how many, but Moreno, Ramsey, Buendia, Traore, Duran & Dendoncker already out. First 3 of those would have been likely starters. Now looks like Mings could be out long term.

Suddenly looking like Villa could struggle to rotate full 11 later on in season, unless they use U21s.

19 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Hopefully this is the season Thee Ev finally go down

I do think it could be. Reminds me so much of Villa slowly, slowly sinking. At least in their demise season they brought in cheap French imports, like Veretout, Amavi & Gueye. Kind of sad to see Everton struggling to even do that sort of business.

• Subscriber

Let's see where we're at at the end of the window. It took a pretty scandalous VAR decision, an above average goalkeeping performance and a shocking display of finishing for us to just get edged out today.

Still got Calvert-Lewin, McNeil, Chermiti, Danjuma and potentially Gnonto and another striker to add to the attack that cost us the game today.

• Administrator
Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

Once Mings went off they have no control in the backline. 

As soon as Diaby was nullified and Bailey went off, Newcastle dominated. I'm not sure why Bailey did come off.

• The topic was unpinned