talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 1 - 11-14th August, 2023

football forum

9 hours ago, Dan said:

Genuine case for Rodri being the best player in the world at the minute.

He’s brilliant, but also a cunt who gets away with absolute murder. Commits numerous cynical fouls every game and goes completely unpunished. 

• Subscriber

Reasonably optimistic for today. Hope Branthwaite gets the nod alongside Tarkowski instead of Keane. 

Attack might be a bit disjointed with McNeil injured and Danjuma recovering from a knock. Lot of speculation we'll see Garner on the right and Iwobi on the left.

Dyche has played it cool with DCL but it sounds like he's ready to go and I hope he'll start and not Maupay because that one change makes a huge dent in our chances today.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Rick said:

He’s brilliant, but also a cunt who gets away with absolute murder. Commits numerous cynical fouls every game and goes completely unpunished. 

Also hates when teams get the better of Man City and he says 'that's not football'. Sour grapes would be an understatement. 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

3 playground tap ins for Man City. Burnley definitely seem destined for a bottom 6 scrap.

More claret on another Man City kit. Bring out Birmingham royal blue trim next season. 4 claret & blue teams is ridiculous.

Sorry but that 2nd goal was not a tap in xD

Why does it matter about the colour of a kit or how many there are? 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

My playgrounds were obviously a higher standard than yours.

But yeah, I'm the one to make the awesome Citay comment at.. 🙄

Whatever axe you have is your own. And completely OTT.

Huh? 

I didn't watch really with total attention, because I was studying at the same time, so I might be completely wrong.

Alvarez been pretty mild or dare I say really mid when playing the double offensive pivot. I know they want to give him minutes, the only ways seems to be playing with Haaland, and want him to do the part where Gundo entered the box late to be the second goal threat from the middle, but he doesn't give anything else Gundo gave playing there. Against Arsenal and in the pre-season, when the team was heavily tight marked, the team was lacking very much a second true midfielder, someone who could drop a little deep and break lines dribbling or passing and Alvarez, like it's logic, wasn't that player. I also think in the final third they been missing someone who could also create and Julian just been too safe.

I can't wait to see the team selection, the left wing has some competition with Barnes, Gordon and Anderson all having strong pre seasons. 

On the Right miggy was in the goals again and with Trippier, Livramento and Tonali operating that side he should have more quality around him, particularly that line breaking pass.

it will also be interesting to see if Howe goes with Anderson, Longstaff or Tonali to partner Bruno G and Joe7inton.

• The topic was unpinned