talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 1 - 11-14th August, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

Like, on what planet is that not a penalty? What is the official seeing there to think there's no foul by Onana? 

It smacks of the officials being bent and corrupt as fuck. 

Just now, Stan said:

Like, on what planet is that not a penalty? What is the official seeing there to think there's no foul by Onana? 

It smacks of the officials being bent and corrupt as fuck. 

That’s exactly what it is. That fucking fat pie of a referee not giving it is the first joke and then VAR letting it go as well. There’s no excuse for it, it’s blatant cheating. Wolves need to put in a formal complaint against that decision. 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

It's not just United. Fulham's keeper took a 10 yard run up and jumped on Tarkowski's shoulders on Saturday and got a foul given in his favour. Goalkeepers are just massively over-protected.

Come on mate. Of course it’s bent and corrupt. We’ve never seen officials be this inept before. It only ever favours United….

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Begs the question, what does a goalkeeper actually have to do to commit a foul in those aerial challenges?

I don't think they can anymore.  If the ball is in the air these days any contact with the keeper goes against the attacking team.  Not right but that's the way the game is played now days.

It’s a pen for me but I can see why the ref hasn’t given it seeing how keepers are generally protected in that instance. Nout to do with big club/small club bias though, or even the referee being shit, just a directive they have i think

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Come on mate. Of course it’s bent and corrupt. We’ve never seen officials be this inept before. It only ever favours United….

Who said it only ever favours Utd? I've mentioned how bad the decision against Everton was on Saturday. 

It's ridiculous officiating all round. A player so much as touches a keeper and it's a foul. Keepers be overly aggressive and not even touch the ball in this case and it's not even reviewed properly. It can be bent and corrupt and not involve Utd too! 

Just now, Danny said:

It’s a pen for me but I can see why the ref hasn’t given it seeing how keepers are generally protected in that instance. Nout to do with big club/small club bias though, or even the referee being shit, just a directive they have i think

A directive to let goalkeepers miss the ball and take out the player? If Sa did that to Rashford that little fatty is blowing his whistle faster than you can say ‘brown envelope’ 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

I cannot see in any way why the ref has not given it. Any of the officials for that matter. 

He's not even claimed the ball. If he had, then there'd be more of a debate. There's just no question it should be a penalty. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Rick said:

A directive to let goalkeepers miss the ball and take out the player? If Sa did that to Rashford that little fatty is blowing his whistle faster than you can say ‘brown envelope’ 

It's always funny with Man Utd and Liverpool fans because everyone else thinks you both get favoured by the referees, and you lot all think there's a conspiracy in favour of the other club whilst being absolutely adamant that your own club never gets the rub of the green xD.

There aren't any conspiracies, the referees in England are just shite. And every season there are some clubs who get unlucky more times than others, I don't buy the "evens itself out" argument people try to make. But it's exactly that, just luck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

Maybe but probably not

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I cannot see in any way why the ref has not given it. Any of the officials for that matter. 

He's not even claimed the ball. If he had, then there'd be more of a debate. There's just no question it should be a penalty. 

Give ref watch a go on SSN, explains the refs views a bit more. I’d say that because hes not punched anyone, they’ll class it as more of a coming together than a foul, as the keeper is expected to be able to come out snd claim it. And whilst there will be a claim for a foul I think theyll also view it as a bit soft.

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It's always funny with Man Utd and Liverpool fans because everyone else thinks you both get favoured by the referees, and you lot all think there's a conspiracy in favour of the other club whilst being absolutely adamant that your own club never gets the rub of the green xD.

There aren't any conspiracies, the referees in England are just shite. And every season there are some clubs who get unlucky more times than others, I don't buy the "evens itself out" argument people try to make. But it's exactly that, just luck.

I vote that we just shoot all refs. 

• The topic was unpinned