talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Administrator

Great race to watch. Entertainment piqued in the final 10 laps when the safety car came out and culminated in that 4-way tie between the 2 Mercedes and 2 Ferraris.

Really enjoyed that. Hamilton did well to recover from the setback at the start. Kimi did well to get back in to contention following the 10 second penalty. 

The downside of the race was Leclerc seemingly being let down by his engineers for being let out early despite rear tyre not on properly.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Good race... Hamilton did well considering his early set back.. 

Definitely driver of the day for me, great race from him today, except his poor start. 

Good race altogether, especially the Mercedes-Ferrari battle in the end. 

Gutted for Sauber though.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Definitely driver of the day for me, great race from him today, except his poor start. 

He’s let himself down walking off at the end though. And this is coming from someone that sticks up for him all the time. It’s your home race ffs.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Agree with all of that. 

Hate seeing retirements due to team error although can understand how bloody difficult the job they do is. Particularly annoying when Leclerc was having another stunning drive though. 

Sometimes Bottas makes it hard to feel sorry for him - he just doesn’t have that killer instinct that Seb, Lewis or even Max/Kimi/Ricc have

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
13 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

love this. Love Kimi, once again - 'things happen sometimes'.

think it's quite callous to say Ferrari are using 'interesting tactics' to purposely hit Mercedes as well and potentially do so at the risk of losing their own race. I mean that from a journalist point of view asking those kinds of questions, not necessarily Lewis saying that's what happening cos he only has to answer the question.

You have to be a mad cynic to think crashes are being caused on purpose.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

love this. Love Kimi, once again - 'things happen sometimes'.

think it's quite callous to say Ferrari are using 'interesting tactics' to purposely hit Mercedes as well and potentially do so at the risk of losing their own race. I mean that from a journalist point of view asking those kinds of questions, not necessarily Lewis saying that's what happening cos he only has to answer the question.

You have to be a mad cynic to think crashes are being caused on purpose.

It's happened multiple times in the past to be fair. Okay 20 years ago and it's not what's happening now but people still remember and some of them are addicted to drama so in situations like this they see what they want to see.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It's happened multiple times in the past to be fair. Okay 20 years ago and it's not what's happening now but people still remember and some of them are addicted to drama so in situations like this they see what they want to see.

yep, and as (I think) Kimi said, it's happened the other way round in the past too. literally 'things happen sometimes' is the perfect way to describe I think. It is dramatic, it is entertainment, it's intense. That's the way of the sport though but to say it's done on purpose is a bit of a stretch.

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It doesn't make sense in the context of the current season. Why were there no team orders at Spielberg? Why would title contender Vettel ruin his race in France? Neither is Kimi the strongest title contender at Ferrari, nor is Bottas the strongest rival.

6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

What about Baku and Mexico last season? I suppose they were accidents too? Don't be so blind.

Nope, it was deliberate break testing by Lewis. I hope the FIA finally make some sense and DQ Hamilton from that championship.

Furthermore, Vettel needs to be given 21 points and Hamilton needs to lose 3 points for what happened at Shanghai. How did Verstappen's penalty help Vettel? It didn't, it only helped Lewis.

Vettel should also be given additional 6 points and Lewis should lose 7 additional points, because Vettel would not have tried that risky move on Bottas in Baku which cost him P1, had he won in Shanghai. :ay:

Edited by BartraPique1932

• Administrator

oh, would you look at that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/44766343

Lewis Hamilton says he was "dumb" to imply that Kimi Raikkonen might have deliberately collided with him at the start of the British Grand Prix.

Hamilton had referred to "interesting tactics" immediately after the race, in which Raikkonen hit the back of his car and spun him round on the first lap.

On Instagram on Monday, Hamilton said: "Kimi said sorry and we move on. It was a racing incident and nothing more."

Hamilton said that "sometimes we say dumb" things and "we learn from it".

Hamilton said that his immediate post-race remarks were down to the exhaustion he felt after such a demanding race.

"I lost nearly 3kg [in body fluids] trying to get back to the top for you and my team," he said, addressing his 6.7 million followers on the social media platform.

"I barely had any energy at the end to stand, let alone talk.

"If you can't understand and appreciate that, then I fully understand. However, [it] was nothing to do with anger, [I was] literally just exhausted both mentally and physically.

"Thank you to everyone for the incredible support this weekend. We win and lose together. Onwards and upwards."

After the race, Hamilton had pointed out that twice in three races a Ferrari driver had collided with a Mercedes on the first lap.

Championship leader Sebastian Vettel hit Hamilton's team-mate Valtteri Bottas at the first corner of the French Grand Prix, forcing both to return to the pits to repair damage and fight from the back.

At Silverstone, Hamilton was also sent to the back in the incident, from which he fought back to second place behind Vettel, who now leads the championship from the Briton by eight points.

Raikkonen received a 10-second penalty for the incident and said he accepted that it was his fault.

Vettel said after the race that it was "silly" to think that either incident had been deliberate, pointing out that he had damaged his own race prospects in the collision in France.

Raikkonen's wife, Minttu, put a post on Instagram saying: "If you cry like a girl when you lose, do ballet."

She later removed the entry and, when addressing a fan who defended Hamilton, she added: "Just to be clear, I was not talking about the driver but the team who was crying afterwards that someone did something on purpose.

"No he didn't. It's called racing."