talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2023/24 Gameweek 4 - 1-3rd September, 2023

football forums

• Subscriber

1 point and 2 goals in 4 games and we've played Wolves and Fulham and been to this lot. 

Not good enough. Today on its own isn't good enough either. No kidding ourselves that it's a good point coming from behind or because it's away from home.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City XI: Ederson, Walker (C), Dias, Akanji, Ake, Rodrigo, Kovacic, Foden, Doku, Alvarez, Haaland.

Subs: Ortega Moreno, Carson, Phillips, Bernardo, Gómez, Gvardiol, Nunes, Bobb, Lewis.

Fulham XI: Leno, Tete, Diop, Ream, Robinson, Reed, Cairney (C), Wilson, Pereira, De Cordova-Reid, Jimenz

Subs: Rodak, Bassey, Castagne, Francois, Adama, Willian, Muniz, Vinicius, Harris.

This is getting a bit tasty. Bournemouth are a really good side, the change in manager was worth it.

With that said we should realistically have scored 3 goals today. Schade kept out by their keeper one on one and Mbeumo missing a classic Mbeumo sitter.

Burnley are in fantastic form. Hopefully they keep this up...

Everton have been horrible themselves, although you could see them staying up in the end, similar to last season, where they were utter wank, but due to other teams being even more wank than they are, they had a lucky escape. That's not to say I wish for them to go down, but it honestly may even do them good, as strange as it sounds. 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

1 point and 2 goals in 4 games and we've played Wolves and Fulham and been to this lot. 

Not good enough. Today on its own isn't good enough either. No kidding ourselves that it's a good point coming from behind or because it's away from home.

Sheffield utd look really poor as well

Forest are getting plenty of stick for their transfer approach. But for me, they are 1 of those that somehow got left behind when the money kept getting bigger. And I do not see them being in trouble this season.

Pity for them MotD last week was all about Man United, and you know in advance MotD & media in general will be all over Chelsea this week. But 3 goals scored, an even goal difference & 3 points.

Essentially what I expected. Walked into the oppositions hands and with this pragmatic set up, so any attacking impetus would be restricted. Only 14 goals in 15 matches in 2023 and we continue to solve this issue by fielding 6 defensive players. Kill the man but not the idea.

Race to 40 points well and truly under way.

Archived