The better place to talk football.

Neal Maupay - Returning to Brentford

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Fucking beautiful. What a man.

I can’t see him playing that regularly as Wissa will likely start ahead, but he will provide decent cover.

His best ever season was under Thomas Frank so if he’a going to succeed anywhere it will be back with us. Hopefully he can get the goals we need to make this permanent.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

So Everton hasn't scored a goal this season but sell their only striker that's really played this season.  They better hope Beto can get the job done or Calvert-Lewin stays healthy.

You say this as if it's confusing. Maupay playing up front for us is one of the reasons we don't score any goals.

Nothing against him, he was never going to flourish in a system built around Calvert-Lewin. It's been a disastrous signing from our disaster-class of a football club.

He doesn't get off scot-free though. The number of sitters, one on ones and other decent chances he's missed in an Everton shirt have been absolutely embarrassing for a Premier League striker. The stat below says it all. He's been played in a system that doesn't get the best out of him but he's also been crap in his own right.

13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You say this as if it's confusing. Maupay playing up front for us is one of the reasons we don't score any goals.

Nothing against him, he was never going to flourish in a system built around Calvert-Lewin. It's been a disastrous signing from our disaster-class of a football club.

He doesn't get off scot-free though. The number of sitters, one on ones and other decent chances he's missed in an Everton shirt have been absolutely embarrassing for a Premier League striker. The stat below says it all. He's been played in a system that doesn't get the best out of him but he's also been crap in his own right.

I think that xg is a big part of the reason as to why we brought him back. At Brighton he consistently scored about 8,9 and 10 goals throughout the season so has proven he can play as a back-up striker in this league. But I think he needs confidence and a club that can get the best out of the entire team.

In the Championship he was as good for us as Benrahma and Watkins were and they've both gone on to have a better career in the Prem, hopefully now we can get those goals out of him.

30 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It's no coincidence that Brighton turned in to the second coming of 90's Brazil once they got rid of him.

15 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Ah, Maupay and Brentford. Always reminds me of this.

https://youtu.be/T67Rne7b4FA?si=ZI4wUvxlANYG_zN4

EDIT: Not sure why it hasn't automatically embedded.

I will come out swinging if you carry on like this

• Haha 1