talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think with FSG you have to take the good with the bad. The good is: they do actually care about us being competitive generally. The bad is: they are very complacent and if we’ve had what can be considered a pretty decent season, they’re not too motivated to reinforce the first team.

In previous seasons though, I think that’s led to us wasting seasons where we’ve had a genuinely world class manager with a couple genuinely world class players.

My big fear with us having Salah, Trent, and Virgil all on expiring contracts is… they might just let all 3 walk. It’s been a HUGE complaint Boston Red Sox fans have had about FSG - letting top players leave. FSG aren’t too popular with them because FSG’s ambition doesn’t seem to be consistent year-in-year-out.

For them it’s just business. For us it’s more important than that. It is what it is.

It’d obviously be easier to take if we weren’t competing against a gulf state’s board of tourism budget. But we are.

I completely get the fear about the three contract situations. I'm an ideal world they'd have been sorted at some point last season but with Klopp announcing he was leaving that would have been difficult for the club to do.

I don't think the Boston Red Sox thing is of any significance. Liverpool haven't lost many players they were desperate to keep under FSG. Certainly none on a free transfer.

Not sure what to make of these comments by Salah

"Before the season, I was just like 'I've got one year left, let's just enjoy it and don't think about the contract',"

"I don't want to think about next year or the future, I just want to enjoy the last year [of my contract] and let's see.

"The most important thing is to take one day at a time and just be grateful to be here."

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Not sure what to make of these comments by Salah

"Before the season, I was just like 'I've got one year left, let's just enjoy it and don't think about the contract',"

"I don't want to think about next year or the future, I just want to enjoy the last year [of my contract] and let's see.

"The most important thing is to take one day at a time and just be grateful to be here."

Sounds like he’s going to see how good of a season he’s going to have and keep his options open rather than think about committing to us or anyone else.

I hope we get him to stay… but at least if he goes, I hope it’s not to someone like City or anyone else in England.

Salah has said that nobody has contacted him about a new contract. That is piss poor from Richard Hughes & co. Get a contract in front of him right now and let’s stop pissing about.

I can understand Trent and Virgil not being offered one with them being at the Euro’s but Salah has been here all summer long, so there’s no excuse not to have it sorted out one way or another by now. 

Top 2-3 goat Liverpool player of all time

Goat Arab player of all time

Top 1-2 goat African player of all time

Goat African premier league player of all time

Goat Egyptian player of all time

Goat player among injured by Sergio Ramos of all time

20 hours ago, Rick said:

Salah has said that nobody has contacted him about a new contract. That is piss poor from Richard Hughes & co. Get a contract in front of him right now and let’s stop pissing about.

I can understand Trent and Virgil not being offered one with them being at the Euro’s but Salah has been here all summer long, so there’s no excuse not to have it sorted out one way or another by now. 

It is strange that he's suggesting there's been no contact but the only reason I can think of as to why is that the high turnover of the football staff (sporting director, head coach etc) in the summer. And his form did dip at the end of last season due to that injury so maybe they wanted to take a look at him over the first couple of months to see if he is worth committing to £300k+ p/w for another 2-3 years. 

Let's not forget there was plenty of the fanbase suggesting they'd accept an offer from Saudi if another one came in.

Obviously he looks as good as ever so it's one they need to get sorted before January imo.

Koeman calling Gravenberch lazy after being pissed off last year that Gravenberch wanted to stay with us after joining to work on fitting in with his new squad better rather than sit on the bench for the Dutch. Weird guy, especially considering the last 3 games Gravenberch has had for us.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Koeman calling Gravenberch lazy after being pissed off last year that Gravenberch wanted to stay with us after joining to work on fitting in with his new squad better rather than sit on the bench for the Dutch. Weird guy, especially considering the last 3 games Gravenberch has had for us.

Koeman's odd. The Saudi's could make life very difficult for him if they wanted too after his Bergwijn comments.

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope Gravenberch snubs him again. I'd love to hear what he has to say then. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I hope Gravenberch snubs him again. I'd love to hear what he has to say then. 

I would too, but I doubt a young and hungry player who's in good form is going to willingly turn their back on their country just because their manager's a shithead. Having said that, Ben White did something similar with Southgate's England so... maybe if Gravenberch gets totally established as a midfield fixture here... maybe he'll think "I can wait out Koeman getting the sack."

I doubt it though with so many Dutch players and staff around though, I think they'll be keen on him playing for the national team if he's playing as well as he's played the last 3 matches.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

just because their manager's a shithead. Having said that, Ben White did something similar with Southgate's England so...

I think you've got your shitheads confused.

9 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Harvey Elliott broken his foot on international duty 

Always seems to get bad luck with his injuries always being broken bones rather than anything else. Guess ultimately it's better than being his age and having muscle/ligament tears, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Always seems to get bad luck with his injuries always being broken bones rather than anything else. Guess ultimately it's better than being his age and having muscle/ligament tears, I suppose.

Yeah would be more concerning if it was muscle/ligament injuries as you say. Shame for him, he's not played much so far this season but he'd have got plenty of minutes over the next few weeks with the Champions League and League Cup starting.