talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't think listing those players as not good enough for a Liverpool first eleven is knee jerk. Most sane people would agree with those

I’m not saying they are or are not good enough but look at the list. There’s only 1 or 2 of them that are actually ‘first teamers’ when everyone is fit and once Kieta arrives there will be one less. Migs has been told he’s number 2, TAA is a youngster with big potential that has started very few games and wouldn’t have started any had Clyne been fit. Moreno has lost his place quite rightly to Robertson and Ings has just returned from 2 career threatening injuries and is in no way concidered a first team player by anyone except a total mong. 

We lost and it’s fucking shit but let’s try to keep things in perspective. 

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I’m not saying they are or are not good enough but look at the list. There’s only 1 or 2 of them that are actually ‘first teamers’ when everyone is fit and once Kieta arrives there will be one less. Migs has been told he’s number 2, TAA is a youngster with big potential that has started very few games and wouldn’t have started any had Clyne been fit. Moreno has lost his place quite rightly to Robertson and Ings has just returned from 2 career threatening injuries and is in no way concidered a first team player by anyone except a total mong. 

We lost and it’s fucking shit but let’s try to keep things in perspective. 

Arnold and Ings are the only two I'll give you. Although in terms of right back, Gomez is a waste of space too at the moment. Mignolet was number one to the end of December. Moreno has been injured and as soon as he's fit he's in the side. Him and Robertson will be rotated, I don't have any doubt about that

That's it, he's not as bad as the players we have had next to him. I actually thought he was better than he is but it's because of Lovren making so many clangers. Having Lovren away from him showcases his shortcomings. It's infuriating to have so many shit defenders. 

I second VVD & Klavan & Milner RB. And NEVER again seeing Moreno played over Robertson. 

9 hours ago, HK85 said:

I thought you all liked Matip?

He's had some good moments but a lot of really shit ones too. A cheaper yet slightly better Lovren for us, really. Both probably shouldn't be starting in our system.

I don't particularly think Klavan is good either. But on form, he's probably been our best CB this season. That might not count for a lot, but it indicates he should start over Matip and Lovren.

Apparently Juve have officially opened talks with Can. I know some want him to say, but I don't particularly rate him too much. Great physical attributes, totally shite football brain. Players like him and Wijnaldum are inconsistent and make our midfield soft as shite more often than not - yet all seems forgiven when they have their one odd good game every 3 or 4 matches.

So I won't be too sad if Can goes - although we're now looking a lot like we were before the summer. Desperately in need of depth but also needing improvement in the first team generally. It really feels like a total lack of planning from the people who are in charge of doing that shit from the club, and from the way the VVD transfer was handled from the summer until now + the way the Coutinho saga played out & our reluctance to sign any replacements... sort of really kills the feel good feeling around the club.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Christ, why you pulling up quotes from last season xD

We’ve lost 3 league games all season and yet people still explode with seamen when we lose haha 

The Normal One is a defeat away from blaming Muslamic ray guns. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

What’s he done? Can’t play that. 

got challenged by a Spurs player (nothing out of the ordinary). 

Retaliates right in front of the referee by climbing on the back of the Spurs player and sort of grabbing that player's head. Totally unnecessary over-reaction. Rush of blood to the head no doubt.