talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not going to bother watching it but I’m going to guess it’s a VVD blunder. I mean, I could go and find a highlight real  of blunders for every top defender in world football, but I’m obviously not going to 9_9

I know you watched it 

Conte was interested but no way were we going to spend that amount (we wouldn't even spend 60 million on Sandro, a player we needed). 

We then opted for Rudiger, who cost a 3rd less, and has easily been our best pound for pound signing this season. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Funny that, no PM received 🤔 xD

Just post it on here it’s fine :whistling:

Don't want to clog the place up mate, no one else will care. Check again, I've resent so should be there now

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Don’t want to clog the place up xD We’re already clogging it up. 

Nope, surprisingly no PM :what:

FFS.

Guess @Rab will have to look at this as well. PM system seems to be broken, unless Cannabis has disabled yours to mess with you?

We need to get Firmino tied down on a new contract. His existing one apparently has a £50m release clause inserted and in this current market that’s an absolute snip for a player like him. 

Hes got 17 goals already this season so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that he’ll end it on around the 25-30 mark and when you consider his absolute phenomenal work rate, we’d be getting proper mugged off with £50m. 

Tie the lad down!  

9 hours ago, Cannabis said:

The big clubs will sign him at £50m just to sell him again for profit. Getting him to agree a higher clause would be a great start to your summer business.

I'd hope if we can offer him enough money, he'll agree to no release clause. He's a great player, I didn't know how I felt about him playing in this role... but he's been instrumental in our system. Perfect for a high pressing system.

I think it's really important we get him on a new contract with either a much higher release clause or getting the release clause to go away.

"After all that has happened this season, I know where I am at and the situation has become clearer," Mignolet said.

"Klopp told me honestly and personally in that conversation. Of course I am absolutely not satisfied with that, but I must always respect a decision of the coach. After all that has happened this season, I know where I am and the situation has become clearer.

"Then we played against Everton in the FA Cup and after a longer break the game followed against Manchester City. So I had a hunch of what would happen and that proved to be correct.

“I always try to stay quiet and calm. In the past I did come back stronger from such situations.

"But I must of course also think of my own future. The only thing I can do is focus on my training and do my best. I become 30 years old and the World Cup is coming this summer.

"This situation cannot take too long, which is clear. I cannot lose any more time.”

He added: "I have heard those rumours too, but there is absolutely no truth in it.

"Ten days ago I had a conversation with Klopp after the game against Burnley. In the Christmas period we rotated again and I found that it was not a healthy situation for a goalkeeper.

"Klopp told me what was said on Sunday before and after the match. Of course I am not happy with that, but there were certainly no heavy words in hindsight.”

So he's ran to the papers, that's surely him done now. If Karius gets a run of games and proves he isn't good enough, which I think he will, hopefully that means a new keeper in the summer.