talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

8 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It 'looked like he's off' all summer mate and yet he still plays for us. Until a somewhat reliable journalist even hints that it's a possibility, I'm having absolutely none of it.

Fingers crossed pal because he’s in the form of his life and we need him. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

Oh ffs do we really have to go through another month of this nonsense. If we wouldn't sell Coutinho in the summer, why on Earth would we do it halfway through the season? Barcelona will continue their bizarre shithouse behaviour indefinitely, but it has no more bearing in reality than a year 8 telling you he fucked your mum.

xD

20 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Oh ffs do we really have to go through another month of this nonsense. If we wouldn't sell Coutinho in the summer, why on Earth would we do it halfway through the season? Barcelona will continue their bizarre shithouse behaviour indefinitely, but it has no more bearing in reality than a year 8 telling you he fucked your mum.

He’s gone. 

They're not taking Barcelona to court but Nike, a supposedly uninterested third party who have unveiled a player transferring to another club. Like Liverpool or not that's a joke and shows the state of the modern game, sponsors have as much power as anyone and it wouldn't surprise me if clubs/agents incorporate them into the transfer talks. 

Away from the most boring transfer story of the year, Chamberlain seems to be settling in well. I don't know if I was just being ignorant or he never got a chance at Arsenal, but the one thing I've been impressed with so far at Liverpool is his ability to press and win the ball high up the pitch. A midfielder who fits the mould of a Klopp team.

45 minutes ago, Danny said:

Away from the most boring transfer story of the year, Chamberlain seems to be settling in well. I don't know if I was just being ignorant or he never got a chance at Arsenal, but the one thing I've been impressed with so far at Liverpool is his ability to press and win the ball high up the pitch. A midfielder who fits the mould of a Klopp team.

He’s been excellent for a while now. Took him a while to get used to Klopp’s style but he’s really starting to put in some good performances. MOTM twice in his last 3 games I believe. 

21 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

They're not taking Barcelona to court but Nike, a supposedly uninterested third party who have unveiled a player transferring to another club. Like Liverpool or not that's a joke and shows the state of the modern game, sponsors have as much power as anyone and it wouldn't surprise me if clubs/agents incorporate them into the transfer talks. 

We're also not taking Nike to court.

In other news, I assume this stuff connecting the VVD fee to Coutinho is fishing, but I'll bite anyway. The two are unrelated. We had the money to sign van Dijk because our net spend has been low (or positive) every window since Klopp arrived. Every Liverpool-based journalist reported in the summer that we had about £200m to spend before any sales, and the van Dijk fee is the last of that money being spent.

In other news, Flanagan has pleaded guilty to assaulting his girlfriend. Shocking

Edited by Burning Gold

Barca are desperate for Coutinho, Coutinho is clearly desperate for the move to happen, my guess is it'll drag on all January but will probably happen at some point during the January. So we should look to bring in his replacement now and fuck the little bastard off. Great player, but like Virgil van Dijk... definitely cunty to do to your employer. If you're going to be a little bastard and try to force a move right after signing a long contract, you should be prepared to let your club to hold your new club ransom.

I think it could get pretty ugly though because I think Coutinho's close to where he may refuse to play for us, but John Henry is believed to be a person who holds grudges against clubs (Firmino's release clause is reported to specifically exclude Arsenal after the Suarez shite) - and I can see him not appreciating Barca's public negotiation tactics. I wouldn't be surprised if he would refuse a move unless it was absolutely outrageous for this market - although it might not be wise because any fee for Coutinho for this market is going to be pretty fucking ridiculous.

If he hadn't come public with this, I could see this going like the Suarez transfer. Where everyone knew he was off, but because he gave us one more year (and it was a great one) he's still held in pretty high regard amongst our fanbase (although I think Suarez is a fucking cunt tbh, despite being immensely talented). But it seemed like Coutinho was winning fans back after this summer... and now I don't think he'll be regarded in the same estimation by our fans. So if he doesn't get the move and does some arrogant shite like fucking off to Brazil and refusing to play a la Tevez and Costa, he'll probably end up absolutely hated.

I wouldn't say Coutinho has acted so badly thus far, he wanted to go, expressed that and has played well so far. He may have another opportunity to go and will probably express his will again, the injuries may be convenient but they may also be true, if he's genuinely refusing to play then yeah he's a bellend but we don't know that, it's all tabloid murmurings.

For what it's worth, Coutinho is seen out and about a lot in the city, he's not someone who despises it here and he seems to have a genuine affection for the place. Barcelona can just offer him more in terms of a competitive level right now, plus it's nice weather there.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

24 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I wouldn't say Coutinho has acted so badly thus far, he wanted to go, expressed that and has played well so far. He may have another opportunity to go and will probably express his will again, the injuries may be convenient but they may also be true, if he's genuinely refusing to play then yeah he's a bellend but we don't know that, it's all tabloid murmurings.

For what it's worth, Coutinho is seen out and about a lot in the city, he's not someone who despises it here and he seems to have a genuine affection for the place. Barcelona can just offer him more in terms of a competitive level right now, plus it's nice weather there.

The only issue I have with Coutinho so far is the timing of his transfer request. If he wanted out, he shouldn't have done it at the end of the transfer window. And especially not the same day we have a fucking CL qualification match. That situation reeks of an agent telling a player to time it like that to cause a disruption of the club.

And the fact there's stories out now saying he believes he's played his last game for the club indicates that he wants to force the move now as he failed to force the move in the summer. There's not a lot of incentive for us to let him go now, unless Barcelona are going to pay a premium for a CL cup-tied player. If he refuses to play, he probably fucks over his world cup chances. But it doesn't make sense for us to let him leave unless the fee right now unless the fee is absolutely outrageous. But with the rumours that they want Ozil on a free as an alternative might have Coutinho worried. The stories coming out now about Coutinho trying to convince the club to let him go for a record fee seem to fall in line with the fact that he and his agent have been told it's now or never for the Barcelona move.

Again, like Suarez, it's hard to begrudge a world class player for wanting to play alongside players like Messi and compete for the CL year in year out. But I can begrudge a player for putting in a transfer request before an important match and if he does pull a Mascherano and refuse to turn up to training and say he's unavailable to be picked in order to force his move to Barca, that will firmly solidify him as a bastard. Especially if he's going to do that before an FA cup match against our local fucking rivals.

I think the club should seek to sign his replacement during this window and fuck him off to Barca for as much as we can. And we should let Real Madrid and PSG know that for whatever fee Barca might be able to land him, they can also land him. I'd prefer to sell to one of them over Barca.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, FOYM said:

Fire Flanagan please.

We simply can't afford to sell Coutinho this window, not unless we have a replacement coming in this month.

Look at Danny Simpson, beaten his girlfriend up before and he was off winning the league with Leicester. Be interesting to see if they do fire him, personally I wouldn't want a wife beater representing my club.

12 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Hasn't there been at least rumours of quite a bit of this happening with footballers? Sterling I believe was accused of it when he was a teenager.

Rumours are a bit different to an actual guilty plea, though. Releasing Flanagan seems like a no-brainer to me given that it's obviously unacceptable behaviour and he hardly plays for us anyway.

I saw something on twitter saying "multiple assaults" which sounded like some kind of sustained domestic violence so I read the judgement and it meant multiple blows, including a kick, in the one morning.

Doesnt seem like he has previous but for some reason they've got in a drunken argument and he's hit her.