talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

11 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Tommy Lawrence has died, their goalkeeper when they first started to become a great side under Shankly.

Still a great moment:

Oh man, I remember when I first watched that video. The little smile of his, like he's so happy to be reminded of his past. May he rest in piece. 

Losing Coutinho is obviously a big blow but it is worth noting that he has failed to appear in 25 league games since February 2016. Liverpool’s record without him? Won 16 Drawn 7 Lost 2. 

I think with VVD and Kieta in his place we are a stronger team on the whole. 

16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Losing Coutinho is obviously a big blow but it is worth noting that he has failed to appear in 25 league games since February 2016. Liverpool’s record without him? Won 16 Drawn 7 Lost 2. 

I think with VVD and Kieta in his place we are a stronger team on the whole. 

With the money you got you can buy 3 top level players with that money in the summer

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

With the money you got you can buy 3 top level players with that money in the summer

It won’t happen because he wants you lot but if it were up to me I’d throw Sanchez a £40m signing on fee looking to get him for free next summer. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

they've absurdly spunked more than half of it on Van Dijk already. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Not absurd, that’s what they need and it’s the going price. I think people need to realise that the neymar price has changed everything again, you won’t be getting 3 proven top players for coutinho’s price.

it's all absurd. Neymar's price was and by definition so was VVD's. 

Going price as £75m for someone who not won anything in a big league or an international achievement? 

Not being biased by take Maguire for example - similar style defender and bought for just over a fifth of Van Dijk's price tag. 

There's talent out there and I don't think Liverpool needed to spend such an obscene amount for a player like that. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Wishful thinking that

Well we’ll never know for sure but considering we wanted VVD in the summer before the Coutinho money and we didn’t buy another CB when it fell through sort of indicates that the money we’ve just spent on him now is the money that we were going to spend on him last summer. 

Anyway, not getting into this again. We’ve spent the money and the players here so....

59 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Well we’ll never know for sure but considering we wanted VVD in the summer before the Coutinho money and we didn’t buy another CB when it fell through sort of indicates that the money we’ve just spent on him now is the money that we were going to spend on him last summer. 

Anyway, not getting into this again. We’ve spent the money and the players here so....

Funny how Coutinho was gone so quickly after Van Dijk arrived though innit? Not me being critical of the club/FSG either. I think they've done well to get Van Dijk in (and Keita arranged for the summer) before Coutinho went but I think that's the Coutinho money spent. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

it's all absurd. Neymar's price was and by definition so was VVD's. 

Going price as £75m for someone who not won anything in a big league or an international achievement? 

Not being biased by take Maguire for example - similar style defender and bought for just over a fifth of Van Dijk's price tag. 

There's talent out there and I don't think Liverpool needed to spend such an obscene amount for a player like that. 

I like Maguire, but he's not as good as VVD, he's very mistake prone and shown up against decent attacks. 

The fees are absurd in general but I think Liverpool have bought the player they needed.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I like Maguire, but he's not as good as VVD, he's very mistake prone and shown up against decent attacks. 

The fees are absurd in general but I think Liverpool have bought the player they needed.

Think you've just described VVD there too...

12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Funny how Coutinho was gone so quickly after Van Dijk arrived though innit? Not me being critical of the club/FSG either. I think they've done well to get Van Dijk in (and Keita arranged for the summer) before Coutinho went but I think that's the Coutinho money spent. 

D’ya know what mate, I’m not arsed in the slightest either way xD

1 minute ago, Storts said:

If Pep really wanted him he'd be playing for City right now.

Enjoy

Not going to bother watching it but I’m going to guess it’s a VVD blunder. I mean, I could go and find a highlight real  of blunders for every top defender in world football, but I’m obviously not going to 9_9