talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

Don't sell Coutinho this summer. Makes no sense for any of the parties involved. We can't afford to disrupt our chase for the top four and CL progression. Barcelona will be bringing in a player who may struggle slightly to bed in, and he is cup tied for the CL. And Coutinho shouldn't risk his world cup starting place but jumping ship mid season, especially when we are currently providing him with everything to flourish. 

Do what we did with Keita. Announce a deal but for July 1st. The player gets what he wants, Barcelona have their golden boy and we don't fuck up our season and we have a summer to find a replacement. 

If we sell this window and don't bring in a direct replacement I will be very fucked off. 

2 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Don't sell Coutinho this summer. Makes no sense for any of the parties involved. We can't afford to disrupt our chase for the top four and CL progression. Barcelona will be bringing in a player who may struggle slightly to bed in, and he is cup tied for the CL. And Coutinho shouldn't risk his world cup starting place but jumping ship mid season, especially when we are currently providing him with everything to flourish. 

Do what we did with Keita. Announce a deal but for July 1st. The player gets what he wants, Barcelona have their golden boy and we don't fuck up our season and we have a summer to find a replacement. 

If we sell this window and don't bring in a direct replacement I will be very fucked off. 

Apparently Barca may be hit with a transfer ban that could come into effect in the summer so that explains their eagerness to get a deal done now. However, we should factor their desperation into negotiations and milk the fuckers for ever more cash. There’s rumours we are in negotiations for Lemar again which would still be a gamble on our season in my opinion because he might not hit the ground running and he certainly wouldn’t be in the form that Coutinho’s in now. 

I’d say fuck Barcelona, fuck the money and fuck Coutinho. We don’t HAVE to sell but as we all know, it’s never as simple as that and it’s pretty obvious that Phill is on his way out. We just need to get the best deal possible for ourselves out of this and tell them fuckers we will never do business with them again. 

10 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Why even do this? Why not wait until the summer to negotiate? If we agree and announce a deal now for July, we're back to the old problem of every club in the world knowing we've got however much cash Barcelona have given us and raising their prices. They'll do that anyway because we're a big English club and we've shown we're willing to spend on VVD, but we don't want to give them a reason to do it further if we don't have to. There's also the risk that Coutinho will check out mentally for the rest of the season and his performances will suffer. If we wait til the summer to negotiate, there are no distractions to our season and there's every chance his price will go up, especially if we can initiate a bidding war with Real Madrid and PSG.

By all means promise him that he can have his move in the summer, but there are risks and no benefits to setting it in stone now.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Why even do this? Why not wait until the summer to negotiate? If we agree and announce a deal now for July, we're back to the old problem of every club in the world knowing we've got however much cash Barcelona have given us and raising their prices. They'll do that anyway because we're a big English club and we've shown we're willing to spend on VVD, but we don't want to give them a reason to do it further if we don't have to. There's also the risk that Coutinho will check out mentally for the rest of the season and his performances will suffer. If we wait til the summer to negotiate, there are no distractions to our season and there's every chance his price will go up, especially if we can initiate a bidding war with Real Madrid and PSG.

By all means promise him that he can have his move in the summer, but there are risks and no benefits to setting it in stone now.

Agree with this 100% in every detail you've just said.  The money won't serve you at all and you've just had to spend £70m on VVD which shows how difficult it is to grab a hold of the transfer market when you're a Premier League club, more so a club like Liverpool with the prestige they have.

It doesn't benefit Liverpool in the slightest to let Coutinho go and once he's gotten over his strop he'll give performances like the ones she's been giving. Liverpool own his contract and he signed it!

Unless you get £200m and above (this is what Liverpool should be asking for because Nike have gotten involved in all of it) then it's a shot in the foot for the rest of the season and the fact Europe will know a lot more about your bank account.  There is nothing you can buy to replace Coutinho in this January market with.

That's fair point goldy, and I would agree with it now actually looking at that side of it. Been a bit blinded from just wanting this bullshit story to be over one way or another. 

Like Balon said, Coutinho isn't going to wreck his season by going in a sulk. He'd be very fucking silly to go on strike.

Unless it's 200m, then he can go, which it wont. Not gonna be more that Neymar.

Came across this on my youtube feed as a suggestion after watching some post match conferences, must say its a nice video and good to know how footballers behave off the field. Mane seems so down to earth and a humble guy.

• Administrator

there's pictures going round Twitter of Clyne doing nitrous oxide from a balloon (i didn't add the caption).

DS8TZqrW0AEw1m7.jpg

Also apparently lots of other misdemeanours he's done hence not getting back in to the Liverpool squad

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

there's pictures going round Twitter of Clyne doing nitrous oxide from a balloon (i didn't add the caption).

DS8TZqrW0AEw1m7.jpg

Also apparently lots of other misdemeanours he's done hence not getting back in to the Liverpool squad

So is his injury that's had him out for the season all bullshit?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So is his injury that's had him out for the season all bullshit?

well maybe partly?

It wouldn't be the first time that a club has been a bit secretive about a player's actions by using the injury smokescreen.

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

DS8TZqrW0AEw1m7.jpg

What misdemeanours? 

RE Photo - Looks like he’s blowing a balloon up to me. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Where you heard this? 

few people on Twitter, one of those being someone I'm good mates with who was on the same course at uni as one of your physios.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

few people on Twitter, one of those being someone I'm good mates with who was on the same course at uni as one of your physios.

That post is so stereotypical xD Sounds like something from Football Manager

yeah mate, inside sources, me da's uncle's bestfriend's dentist works with a bloke that knows the physio of Liverpool's kitman.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope Andy Robertson keeps his starting role when Moreno is healthy. He's been excellent and while Moreno has improved... I just think Robertson is better. Bargain too.

Me too, was by far the MOTM against Everton on Friday. Solid defensively whilst posing a threat in the final third and he’s been like that every game he’s played. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope Andy Robertson keeps his starting role when Moreno is healthy. He's been excellent and while Moreno has improved... I just think Robertson is better. Bargain too.

For all the time the manager took to bring him in and integrate him I think its been worth the wait. I wanted him to start more after his debut but this has been far better. Not a knock on Alberto who really has turned over for the better in many ways (still prone to the odd loss of brain) but Andy has a much better attack threat going forward and his defensive capabilities and presence in defense is much much better.

13 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Will Salah play for the weekend, it is crucial info for the future of my fantasy team

He travelled with the first team for a short trip in Dubai over the weekend and trained with the squad today so yeah, unless he suffers a setback from now till Sunday, he should be fit to start.