talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I know stats aren’t the be all and end all but from watching every single one of our games my eyes tell me that away from home (and at home sometimes), our defence are left far too exposed, get put under too much pressure when broke upon, which leads to individual mistakes and poor positioning as they all scramble to cover each other. 

I think, especially away from home, we sometimes need to be smarter in our attacking approach. No need for both FB’s to be bombing on constantly at the same time and certainly no need for every midfielder breaking his balls to get into the oppositions box. 

In game management needs to improve as well. How many times have we blown leads in games we were in total control of by throwing players forward in a gung ho fashion when all we should be doing is seeing the game out? 

We do seem to be improving though and I think 1 or 2 astute signings and I little tweak of the tactics away from home should see us right.

We take the view that attack is the best form of defence. 

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

It’s totally systematic. At home we have the best defensive record in the league (conceded 1) but away from home we have the worst (conceded 16) which points directly to flawed tactics when playing away from home. 

It's not totally systematic, mate. Lovren's not very good, Klavan's bad, Mignolet's shite, Gomez is young and will make mistakes (same goes for TAA when he plays), and our midfielders never track runners even when they are in a defensive position (Can being the worst culprit).

Throwing everyone forward and pressing is bound to leave gaps in behind, but we still concede too many goals from innocuous looking situations like City's first or Burnley's goal against us (I know the latter was at home).

For me, it's an issue of leadership. Klopp may have been being flippant when he said one of Tottenham's goals wouldn't have happened if he was on the pitch, but he inadvertently touched on the fact that there's no leader on the pitch to be his representative and direct players on the fly. No one to scream at Wijnaldum to just get rid of it shortly before Watford equalised, no one to tell Gomez to get tighter to stop the cross (I can't actually remember who scored the goal I'm referring to, but Gomez gave their winger acres of space and he put in a good cross), etc. etc. etc. That's why I'd actually quite like Joe Hart at the club. He may not be much better than Mignolet as a goalkeeper, but at least he shouts and organises the defence.

14 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It's not totally systematic, mate. Lovren's not very good, Klavan's bad, Mignolet's shite, Gomez is young and will make mistakes (same goes for TAA when he plays), and our midfielders never track runners even when they are in a defensive position (Can being the worst culprit).

Throwing everyone forward and pressing is bound to leave gaps in behind, but we still concede too many goals from innocuous looking situations like City's first or Burnley's goal against us (I know the latter was at home).

For me, it's an issue of leadership. Klopp may have been being flippant when he said one of Tottenham's goals wouldn't have happened if he was on the pitch, but he inadvertently touched on the fact that there's no leader on the pitch to be his representative and direct players on the fly. No one to scream at Wijnaldum to just get rid of it shortly before Watford equalised, no one to tell Gomez to get tighter to stop the cross (I can't actually remember who scored the goal I'm referring to, but Gomez gave their winger acres of space and he put in a good cross), etc. etc. etc. That's why I'd actually quite like Joe Hart at the club. He may not be much better than Mignolet as a goalkeeper, but at least he shouts and organises the defence.

You were doing great until you mentioned Joe Hart xD

36 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You were doing great until you mentioned Joe Hart xD

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a particularly good keeper, and I'd be disappointed if we signed him as 'the answer'. I just think he's the sort of player who'd improve us much more on the pitch than he would on paper, if that makes sense?

3 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a particularly good keeper, and I'd be disappointed if we signed him as 'the answer'. I just think he's the sort of player who'd improve us much more on the pitch than he would on paper, if that makes sense?

There's a chance he'd be an ever so slight improvement on the two we have but that would be debatable. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Batard said:

I thought he was going to Bayern? 

Thought the RB chief came out and said they didn't need him (Bayern that is). Then again this is Bayern so if they come calling I am sure he'd go there instead

Edited by Mel81x

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Apparently so. Reinjured his hamstring. 

What's ever more absurd is that Senegal already qualified. 

They only qualified after winning their last match in which Mane re-injured himself. 

Anyway, pretty much standard that one of our best players comes back from International duty crocked. Happens near enough every time. 

I often wonder what it would be like to be able to field a full strength side, or even close to it. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Apparently we have a deal agreed to sign Goretzka in January. 

Believe that when I see it. Him and Keita in our midfield would be insanely good. 

I also saw that we aren't t he only ones chasing him but if a deal has been signed, like you said, I'll only believe it when it happens. Its weird how our top half is insanely stacked and not our defensive side but for the last two games having the manager acknowledge our lack of defensive capabilities and wanting to work on it in press conferences is a good sign.

• Administrator
On 11/13/2017 at 3:33 PM, LFCMadLad said:

They only qualified after winning their last match in which Mane re-injured himself. 

Anyway, pretty much standard that one of our best players comes back from International duty crocked. Happens near enough every time. 

I often wonder what it would be like to be able to field a full strength side, or even close to it. 

Disjointed mate, unless you’re planning on buying a world class defence in January xD

20 minutes ago, FOYM said:

We better not prioritise Goretzka over a top CB. That should be first thing on the liat. Give Saints the money for Van Dijk or Lazio the money for DeVrij 

The German fella is free at the end of the season though isn't he, if he was to sign in January it would be for a much smaller fee. It shouldn't be affecting our ability to go out and get a centre back too

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

News coming out that some clubs wants Danny Ings on a Loan during the winter transfer window. I think that's a good thing for him considering hes not getting much first-team action even with rotation and it only serves the club better if he turns out to be worse than what was originally expected. In all fairness you can't blame him considering he's been Daniel Sturridge Part Deux with injuries.

Our attack so far...:celebrating:

Mohamed Salah - 18 Goals; 4 Assists
Roberto Firmino - 12 Goals; 6 Assists
Philippe Coutinho - 9 Goals; 6 Assists
Sadio Mane - 7 Goals; 4 Assists (missed 6 weeks) 

Fuckin’el xD

Best attack in Europe!

Klopp out! 

Edited by LFCMadLad