talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool Discussion

football forum

2 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I agree that todays players run more and are in better shape but none of that would explain the injuries.

If they are self-injuries such as muscular strains or tears, running a lot more with little recovery time increases the exposure of those self-injuries. 

Just now, Cicero said:

If they are self-injuries such as muscular strains or tears, running a lot more with little recovery time increases the exposure of those self-injuries. 

Yes I do get that, and if our injuries were all down to players injuring themselves that might be the case but isn't.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Henderson out for 12 weeks. 

Klopp already readying his overplayed, were killing the players, I've got nothing but kids speech. Whilst completely forgetting everyone is in the same situation but aren't suffering the same sort of issues. 

It's just one of those seasons, we've all had them and it's about getting through them the best you can. Henderson will be a big loss, huge in fact, but Liverpool can still blow teams away I'm certain of it, the attack needs to be doing more to take the weight off the defenders. 

One person will be happy though, Thiago, he won't be getting anymore ear bashing on the field now. 

7 minutes ago, Devil said:

Klopp already readying his overplayed, were killing the players, I've got nothing but kids speech. Whilst completely forgetting everyone is in the same situation but aren't suffering the same sort of issues. 

It's just one of those seasons, we've all had them and it's about getting through them the best you can. Henderson will be a big loss, huge in fact, but Liverpool can still blow teams away I'm certain of it, the attack needs to be doing more to take the weight off the defenders. 

One person will be happy though, Thiago, he won't be getting anymore ear bashing on the field now. 

Eh?

43 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I'm not confusing physicality and athleticism, I knew someone would say "yeah but the game is much faster now" so I said it first.:)

I agree that todays players run more and are in better shape but none of that would explain the injuries.

I could understand Jurgen's pressing style being more demanding than say other managers who's players don't run as much too.

Then again when I brought up our injuries a few weeks ago and called them "unprecedented" it was shot down by plenty on here who claimed they were the same everywhere.

It is hard to follow on here, one day our are nothing out of the ordinary, the next we are being injured more because of Klopp's style of play?:what:

I think Klopps style adds to the load when you already take a congested fixture list and a shorter break than ever. I’ve not said ‘the games faster now’ (but they are). I’ve simply stated the players are more athletic, which they are. They tend to cover around 25% more of the pitch on average than players did just 25 years ago. Games used to be played at one tempo with a slow build up, whereas now it’s pretty much lightening pace at elite level for long periods, including hunting the ball down rather than sitting back and defending. It’s just the way the modern game is. Players in the 70’s would cover about 8km a game. That’s almost Sunday League territory now compared the 11-13km covered now by the average player. If you’re more finely tuned, faster and cover more distance and play more often, then surely you’re at more risk of injury?

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think Klopps style adds to the load when you already take a congested fixture list and a shorter break than ever. I’ve not said ‘the games faster now’ (but they are). I’ve simply stated the players are more athletic, which they are. They tend to cover around 25% more of the pitch on average than players did just 25 years ago. Games used to be played at one tempo with a slow build up, whereas now it’s pretty much lightening pace at elite level for long periods, including hunting the ball down rather than sitting back and defending. It’s just the way the modern game is. Players in the 70’s would cover about 8km a game. That’s almost Sunday League territory now compared the 11-13km covered now by the average player.

The game is faster but there hasn't been any fundamental changes. Games were played at different tempos just as often back then as they are today mate.

Just now, Scouse_Mouse said:

The game is faster but there hasn't been any fundamental changes. Games were played at different tempos just as often back then as they are today mate.

Mate, I’ve watched enough football over the past 30 years. They don’t even kick the same ball anymore. Games are nothing like they were in the 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s. Heck, United even in their prime were a counter attacking team that prayed on mistakes and capitalising. The first I saw of the type of football that nearly everyone tries to play now is Pep back 07/08 onwards. Yes there’s been a TikiTaka style that has been attempted before, but combined with the technology that we have now that covers a players distance/intake/rest time/short bursts etc, I genuinely can’t see a similarity. When the game was played at a faster tempo years ago, it would have been today’s jogging pace. 

13 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I still don't see how that relates to what you wrote?

I will break it down because sometimes I just write it out like I say it in my head and it doesn't really make sense. 

• Firstly I feel Klopp is crying about pretty much everything to the media at this current time, he's not coming across a happy guy whether that's the number of penalties a team gets or the number of injuries he blames the congested schedule for. I've even heard him be openly rude to a Sky reporter due to the fact he blames them for giving Liverpool less recovery time between fixtures. 
  • The overplayed part of the quote, that's pretty obvious you've got lots of injuries and he has claimed the fact players aren't getting enough of a break between games is the reason. 
  • Were killing the players, pretty much the same as above, players are dropping like flies due to quantity of fixtures in the short period of time. 
  • Nothing but kids, basically bemoaning the fact he has little option but to try and play young inexperienced players in defence.

Shite attempt at humour from me really, sorry for the confusion. 

Edited by Devil

13 minutes ago, Devil said:

I will break it down because sometimes I just write it out like I say it in my head and it doesn't really make sense. 

• Firstly I feel Klopp is crying about pretty much everything to the media at this current time, he's not coming across a happy guy whether that's the number of penalties a team gets or the number of injuries he blames the congested schedule for. I've even heard him be openly rude to a Sky reporter due to the fact he blames them for giving Liverpool less recovery time between fixtures. 
  • The overplayed part of the quote, that's pretty obvious you've got lots of injuries and he has claimed the fact players aren't getting enough of a break between games is the reason. 
  • Were killing the players, pretty much the same as above, players are dropping like flies due to quantity of fixtures in the short period of time. 
  • Nothing but kids, basically bemoaning the fact he has little option but to try and play young inexperienced players in defence.

Shite attempt at humour from me really, sorry for the confusion. 

Solskjaer did the same.

I don't think Klopp has moaned about schedules since everything went to shit for Liverpool. He was speaking about it a fair bit before Christmas when Liverpool were top of the league but I don't think he's said anything since

Just now, LFCMike said:

Solskjaer did the same.

I don't think Klopp has moaned about schedules since everything went to shit for Liverpool. He was speaking about it a fair bit before Christmas when Liverpool were top of the league but I don't think he's said anything since

I never said he was consistently on that subject matter alone but he's moaned about several things over the last few months. 

1. Congestion 

2. Man United penalties

3. Sky putting Liverpool on 12.30 fixtures more

1 minute ago, Devil said:

I never said he was consistently on that subject matter alone but he's moaned about several things over the last few months. 

1. Congestion 

2. Man United penalties

3. Sky putting Liverpool on 12.30 fixtures more

Klopp, Guardiola and Solskjaer have all had a moan about the scheduling of the fixtures after European games. Klopp has actually gone as far to back the other two up when they've mentioned it first too. What's your point?

Just now, LFCMike said:

Klopp, Guardiola and Solskjaer have all had a moan about the scheduling of the fixtures after European games. Klopp has actually gone as far to back the other two up when they've mentioned it first too. What's your point?

You know what it was a shite joke mate last thing I wanted was for it to get to the point people are offended. 

Forget my throw away comment mate and lets move on. 

I apologise it's only a game after all despite what Shankley once said. 

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

You know what it was a shite joke mate last thing I wanted was for it to get to the point people are offended. 

Forget my throw away comment mate and lets move on. 

I apologise it's only a game after all despite what Shankley once said. 

Not offendedxD just didn't know where you were going with it

• Like 1